AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have left many messages here for help but hardly anyone has answered back. I have a HD100, CM4228, CM titan 7775, MIT 65907, a rotor on the OTA and brought back my HD100 to Goodguys and they replaced it. I live in Everett, WA. I get all the HDTV channels perfectly clear with no dropouts except KING TV 5.1. It happens about every 10 to 15 seconds. Can anybody recommend a solution to the problem. On KING I am reading a 92 on the signal meter. It is driving my wife batty. I don't care what it cost but I need help. I highly recommend the HD100 to anybody over all brands currently on the market. My picture is perfectly crystal clear, even on DIRECT TV 199 and 509. Have never had one drop out on those channels. Is there another amp or preamp that I can get to cure KING 5.1? The titan 7775 has an atenna mounted amp and inside the house it comes with a plug in the wall preamp. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks Jaye

[This message has been edited by jaye fayed (edited 04-02-2001).]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Are there other people in your area reliably receiving that channel? Perhaps the fault is not on your end?

Is there transmitter located in the same location as the other transmitters? Check it out here:
http://www.metronet.com/~chipk/tv-listings.html

WA only:
http://www.metronet.com/~chipk/tv/WA.html

It looks like they are in a different location . . . can you find a rotor position that works well with that station alone? Perhaps you need 2 antennas with one dedicated to that station. (Join with a jointenna thingy)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jaye,

I have conversed with you before. In any event, I have the HD-100 here in Woodinville with a RS Bow Tie until my SIlver Sensor arrives and then probably may have to go to outdoor antenna. I generally have found a "sweet spot" for the Bow Tie just on my TV set. 4, 7,9 and 13 are received with the figure 72-80 on average. 5 is normally around 92-94. This Figure of merit indicator is relative in my opinion. 5 invariably drops out every 5 to 10 seconds with the Bow Tie. It is not watchable. I am SW of the antennas while you are more northerly. It is interesting to me that we have a similar problem. I don't know why yet. I am certainly going to try and find out why, but am now a little suspicious of 5 transmissions.

This suspicion is now just thoughts in my head.

To answer dagmans suggestion, 4,5 and 7 are basically on the same tower here in Seattle.

Stay in touch as I do not have any solutions at the moment, just suspicions. Nothing that I would approach channel 5 about yet.

Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback in Woodinville. What is a bowtie? I bought a new RS preamp today to see if it did better then the CM 7775 but it didn't. I will return it tommorow. Everything is perfect except KING 5. Do you know all the digital channels in seattle? All I see is the UHF channel number but the HD100 uses point channels like 5.3 which I think is 38. Would appreciate any feedback. Bought a anetutor too didn,t help.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jaye,

A Bow Tie is a small indoor Radio Shack antenna. I purchased it to "try" until I resolve the final solution. (If ever).

Digital channels in Seattle check here http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/

Recommend you not use preamps in series. If you are receiving other Seattle DT, channel 5 should be good also. As I said, my signal strength is best on channel 5, but it is plagued with drop outs. On the HD-100, I see no change in the FOM meter and I am starting to think there is another type problem which I must find. I don't think it is a "gain" problem for me.

Based upon your events, I don't think it is a gain problem for you either.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.