AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into video dropouts with the HD100? I am getting dropouts in both OTA and Directv stations. I'll be watching a show and I'll lose 1-2 second of video & audio. I wonder if the Sony box is having a hard time time fluctuation in the signal strength. My OTA signal strength is about 85-90 while the Directv is about 75-85 for both birds. I never have any problem with dropouts with my old Directv receiver. What are your experience?

------------------

CC

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Carl,

I have observed the same thing. I have also seen audio sync issues on KCBS-DT and KCAL-DT. It's really wierd seeing the basketball go into the hoop then hear the swoosh. I have decided to return mine and re-aquire the Panny Box. I have tried just about all of them (RCA, MITS, PANNY, and now Sony) and so far the RCA is the best. However, I like the unified channel guide and the flexability of the Panny so I'm going back to the Panny.

--Rick

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've had both problems, the audio sync is way off on WFAA-DT. It gets real bad, then the video drops off, and bam! it's back to normal. Then it goes down hill again into this goofy cycle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had the HD100 for over two weeks now and have had no problems (good sync and not even a noisy fan) but starting this past Sunday I've been noticing increased dropouts, just like you describe (lose 1-2 seconds of a/v) across the board- Direct TV and OTA here in NYC.

Dave

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep, receiving dropouts, for me seems like mainly hbohd, three times tonight watching "the beach". OTA seems to be less of a problem for me, though I have seen dropouts and every so often the green pixels show up. The one thing I don't get is I can't get ABC off the Suttro tower. All the other stations from Suttro have +80% signal, ABC ranges from 20% - 40% and never locks. I have a clean line of site view of the tower from the Oakland Hills. Do other oakland or berkeley hill people have this problem?

This is my first stb, do other boxes experience the same problem or is this a sony problem?

Regards,

Brian

[This message has been edited by btmoore (edited 03-28-2001).]

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Well, last night was the first time I did notice a lip synch issue which was unique to the Sony. Watching NYPD Blue, the Sony had a lip synch problem while my Zenith HD tuner did not. I wonder how Sony will fix this. Is this even fixable through a software update?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.