AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my HD1000 today, and I am having a problem getting image corrected with keystone. First off, there's nothing labeled "keystone" in the menus. Is it "vertical position" and "horizontal position" under the signal menu? That's what I've been trying, but I can't get the image corrected. The manual says to hit the keystone button on projector or remote, but when I do, nothing happens. I also used keystone on my X1, so I do know how it works. I hit 2 hours on the bulb already so I'm getting worried because I only have up to 4 hours to return it without a restocking fee. It's doing it on both the VGA/compnent input and component input. I really hope to get this fixed tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's the keystone button on the remote. There is no keystone setting in any of the menus. There's also a button on the top of the unit for keystone correction I think, but the remote should work. The vertical position adjustment is still a bit of a mystery. My email to Mitsubishi has yet to be answered after almost a week. Everybody knows what it does, but nobody really now how it's doing what it does.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, when I push the keystone button on projector and remote, nothing happens. Anybody else have any ideas of what I could try, what I might be doing wrong? The manual says keystone doesn't work in "Real" mode, but it's not in that mode. The top and bottom of image are level and equal. I can't get the 2 sides squared up. Now I don't know what the defaults were for the settings I messed with. How do I reset everything to factory? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
there's an option in the menu to reset everything to defaults. I'm at work right now and can't remember which menu it's under, but it's there. Not sure why your keystone button isn't working on the remote. I had to use it and it worked fine for me.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I found out by accident what the problem was. I was hitting the keystone button while the small menu screen was up. It won't work with the menu up. I have another question though. What is the purpose of the overscan setting(97%-100%)? It keeps defaulting back to 97%. What setting do you guys use? Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
people are using 100% its in the main thread you should search that.

Edit: that sounded dick and i didnt mean it that way. i just dont know who it keeps setting back and i dont have mine but i know it was tlaked about in the main thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.