AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading up on all these projectors and I need some help primarily deciding if I should take the time/energy to audition the HD1000. This is basically an HD1000 vs Panny thread at heart.....Here's a quick rundown of my situation:

I'm building a home theater. I have run cables for a 12' deep ceiling mount for 92" screen(HD70 in mind). I got the HD70 at costco with a graywolf II for $995. (I know it's a great deal, but not a great ceiling mount combo) That screen and projector are not a good match at all. So I am going to recieve today a Panny PT-AX100 also from Costco. Although it will require re-routing some cables and breaking some drywall, I love the mounting flexibility options. So that takes brings us to my question:

I loved the on-axis picture of the GWII and HD70. I don't know about the Panny yet, but I will bet it looks pretty darn good, plus I'll be able to mount it on axis with a similar high gain gray screen. I've been hearing some pretty good things about the HD1000 and the price is hard to argue with. I HATE not being able to buy it at Costco, but sometimes you have to make compromises. I know that with the HD1000 I will run into the same problems that I did with the HD70, but at least I won't have a screen taking up space in my garage.

I'm hoping that some of you out there have had a chance to audition the HD1000 vs the HD70 or Panny and can give me some insight into the performance between them.

Thanks....

·
Registered
556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaproductions /forum/post/0

I know about the defect rate of the Panny, thus my buying it at costco. I now have a Sharp DT-500 that I am throwing into the mix as well.

Jaya Productions? Did u happen to watch any Hindi/Telugu DVDs on AX100? How did u like them if you DID?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.