AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi HD1000U. The first unit I received displayed white vertical lines across the entire display with the first use, out of the box. I opened a tech support case with Mitsubishi and they sent a replacement device. The replacement HD1000U worked beautifully for about two days
and then started having the same problem as the first, but even worse--40 evenly spaced, white vertical lines running across the image
. See attached photos.

The lines are visible when the unit is powered on, whether or not any cables or input signals are present. On my first unit with this problem, the lines would usually go away after about 10 minutes. However, on the replacement unit (experiencing the same problem) they remain at all times.

I absolutely love the video image this projector produces (when the lines were not present), but I'm a bit miffed because I seem to have received two projectors with the same problem/defect.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the HD1000U, or DLP projectors in general?

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Generally if it comes up on the splash screen or no input screen - certainly a PJ fault. Most likely a bad memory chip at those screen locations. But to have two in a row? Bad soldering in manufacturing - who knows?

Since digital PJ have memory buffers for the display - possible to happen on any of them. Certainly something that with the splash screen pics it is an unarguable lemon replacement! Better luck next time - three times a charm...

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
No lights or dimmers(or any trashy devices really) in the house that could cause that grief?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I figured it was definitely worth looking into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts