AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been said a million times so I promise I am asking something relevant and I have done prior research.

Basically, I want to know which is better suited for ambient light situations. I want to play games and watch movies from my PC. I will be in the living room which has curtains but during the day light leaks in. Also, lights from the kitchen can spill in too. So with the potential for ambient light, which is better suited (and as a side note, should I use gray or white screen?) The HC3800 has less lumens than the HD20 but in looking at reviews it seems that the HD20s specs for lumen output are a bit inflated so perhaps the two PJs are more comparable from a lumens standpoint. What do you think??

Hope you can help and thanks!

·
Banned
2,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsavs /forum/post/18294215

I know this has been said a million times so I promise I am asking something relevant and I have done prior research.

Basically, I want to know which is better suited for ambient light situations. I want to play games and watch movies from my PC. I will be in the living room which has curtains but during the day light leaks in. Also, lights from the kitchen can spill in too. So with the potential for ambient light, which is better suited (and as a side note, should I use gray or white screen?) The HC3800 has less lumens than the HD20 but in looking at reviews it seems that the HD20s specs for lumen output are a bit inflated so perhaps the two PJs are more comparable from a lumens standpoint. What do you think??

Hope you can help and thanks!

Okay, here goes. I have a HC3800 now and had a HD20 for several days. The HC3800 is actually brighter for a good contrast image, plus sharper. It will handle ambient light with a gray screen better than a white screen. If you can get a higher gain (1.3) gray that would be ideal. A higher gain white screen would work--especially the Dalite High Power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts