AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Sony HD2200 for my A303 equipped Pio 503. Using the "Format" button on the front of the HD200, I am supposed to be able to cycle through the various output formats including "AutoDVI". This is not available to me, even though I connect via DVI. Any thoughts or personal experiences?

Jeff

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by baja
It doesn't work with my A303 either. I believe the new ones shipping do have this ability. This is not a firmware upgrade option.
Interesting! It was in fact, Paul Harris who suggested I try this.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Atchison
Interesting! It was in fact, Paul Harris who suggested I try this.

Jeff
Like I said it is not available on the older A303.....mine does not have it and I got it about 5 months ago. The new ones shipping however I was told by Paul did have it available. It all depends when you got your card. However this is not something that can be upgraded through firmware. If you did not have it available and wanted it I was told you would have to send your card back for them to add it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
So what you are saying is the A303 will not cycle automatically to the new resolution or somethign like that? Or am I missing the point.

Sorry to be dense, but could someone spell it out, I have Zenith Sat520 and the 503.

thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ZZtop
So what you are saying is the A303 will not cycle automatically to the new resolution or somethign like that? Or am I missing the point.

Sorry to be dense, but could someone spell it out, I have Zenith Sat520 and the 503.

thanks
What we are talking about is with the A303 via DVI/HDCP . The Sony HD200 has a mode called "auto DVI". It is this mode that will not work with all A303's. If your A303 is not able to do this the "auto DVI" mode will not even be available to you on the receiver. I am not sure if the Zenith even has this option or not. What "auto DVI' does is allow the display and receiver to communicate with each other and automatically chose who does the scaling.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The zenith has NATIVE mode, which passes the signal through at the recieved resolution if I understand it correctly.

When last I checked it seemed to be working just fine when I queried the Pioneer remote to the 503 for res info. Is this what you mean or something else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.