AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend connecting his 503CMX plasma to the HD200 through DVI.

We have used the component out and we can cycle through all the format (variable1-2,1080i 720p,480p) using the format button on the HD200 remote.

Now the problem is with DVI. Its plugged into the DVI in on the 5002 card (input 5)

The only signal we get is the 480P and when we try to cycle through the formats we only get the 480P-the others show no signal on the display. we dont even get the autodvi option on the format list as mentioned in the HD 200 manual.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jym ! but I cant seem to make the HD200 work with the 5002 card I only get 480P.

any one using HD200 with 503CMX with DVI?

·
Super Moderator
21,501 Posts
Hello

no one is using the HD200 via DVI with the 503/5002 :

the output of the HD200 is DVI -HDTV: it is not compatible with the DVI input on the Pioneer - the HD200 will not go into auto DVI mode-

there are new plug in cards coming out to replace the 5002 card that will accept the DVI-HDTV from the HD200

in the meantime, use the component or RGB analog connection- these work well

do a search under HDTV hardware (search under my name)for discussions on this

Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a mil Mark!

I guess my buddy has to make a decision to either keep his Hd200 which he got for $634 at circuit city +$74 (Terk S25) oval dish or use his old Mitsubishi SR-HD400.

I would advise him to keep his HD200 and ebay his Mit SR-400..cause to me the PQ looked much better with the sony.

What you guys think?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
dmamsa:

Quote:
What you guys think?
I think you should go to the HDTV Hardware forum. There are lots of threads on the new satellite receivers, especially the HD-200. Most people are reporting improved PQ over the older generation STB's, so I think the advice to your friend makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.