AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering one of these units but, I need someone that owns one to clarify something for me. If I have the unit hooked up via DVI to the TV and SVideo to my ReplayTV box, what exactly do I have to do to switch between these two outputs?

I would want to watch via DVI the majority of the time but, on occasion would want to record something to my ReplayTV via S-Video.

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeffmcclan,

You are kidding me right? I have to flip the switch? I thought that was for dvi/rgb and component ouputs. It applies to S-Video as well?

-ftlee

·
Registered
506 Posts
Frank,

Are you being sarcastic? As mentioned in numerous other posts, the HD200 does not provide multiple simultaneous outputs (ie. DVI and SVHS).

Please look in the manual at page 20 (page 21 of the PDF), the "Type" switch chooses between DVI/RGB or Component/Svideo. Also, you could see the thread titled "sat-hd200 to multiple output devices".

If you want simulataneous outputs, the Sammy 160 simulaneous DVI and Svideo for recording, but has a host of other issues (ie. misaligned DVI output, etc.).

·
Registered
50 Posts
You do not have to use the type switch in the back to switch between DVI and S-Video. I have SVideo hooked up to SVHS to record and all I have to do is change the format from Variable 1 (which I normally use to watch over DVI on my GWII) to 480i either from the format button on the front panel or from the remote. Once I change to 480i then the SVideo output is active. As noted there is not simultaneous output but you do not need to change the switch on the back (which toggles between RGB and DVI/component).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thommason
You do not have to use the type switch in the back to switch between DVI and S-Video.
Correct. I keep my HD200 set on 1080i most of the the time but use the format button to change to 480i when I want to record to my VCR. Its very simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.