AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Sony HD200 for my Plasma TV. But I am concerned that I will get the common reboot problems. Has anyone in the Chicago area (CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, WTTW, FOX) experienced any problems with the box rebooting. I am only concerned with the PSIP issue, because I will be receiving a box with the green sticker on it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
506 Posts
What is the significance of a "green sticker"? I purchased a HD200 today for delivery next week, and I also hope that I won't encounter the PSIP/rebooting issue in Houston.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use the HD-200 with my plasma and have experienced no rebooting problems. I receive all the local analog and digital channels fine with OTA antenna from Hinsdale. WTTW digital signals(11.1 and 11.2) are weak and sometimes(40%) drop out. But on my other HD receiver(HD100) I can't receive these two at all. DirecTv reception is great as you would expect. If your dispaly has DVI input I would suggest using it over the compoment connections--subtle but noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob,

Thank-you for your reply. Having you say that you have not experienced any rebooting issues gives me confidence, that I too will not experience the PSIP issue from the Chicago stations as it seems that if the station has the issue everyone’s box will experience a problem.

Jeff,

The green dot indicates that issue 1 has been corrected by Sony:

Originally posted by Charles R,

Issue #1. 1 in 1000 receivers will at times reboot because of a low resistor value. Sony has fixed this on all units they are sending out.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.