AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a bit of advice. I want to set up a 3 projector 3d gaming rig.

What Projectors should i get?

Can i get the AXAA LED 3d Showtime to work with HD3D?

Will it be bright enough for a small 35" diagonal image?

I would love to go led and not have to worry about bulbs.

How does the glasses sinc with all 3 projectors?

What graphics card should i get that will support HD3D eyefinity?

My idea for the setup is to rear project the image onto a sheet of acrylic with screen goo sprayed on the back.

Sort of like this but widescreen.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the Projectors I'm eyeing up at the moment. If i decide to go AMD the projectors have to be LED. That way i wont have to change globes

If you have one of them or seen one in action can you please write a little about it just to help me make the right choice. Thanks

LG PA70G - LED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 700 Lumens + 15000:1 Contrast

AXAA SHOWTIME - LED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 450 Lumens + 2000:1 Contrast

ACER K330 - LED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 400+ Lumens + 5000:1 Contrast

VIEWSONIC W500 - PLED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 400+ Lumens + 6000:1 Contrast

VIVITEK QUMI Q5 - LED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 500 Lumens + 10000:1 Contrast

OPTOMA ML300 - LED 3D DLP Ready Projector - 300 Lumens + 2000:1 Contrast

·
Registered
729 Posts
You might want to include the pa75u in your list, and I would put it at the TOP of the list.

It has built in tv tuner, built in wifi, built in bluetooth, smart apps, and can see your files on your network, and native 3d in many formats. Newegg has 7 minute unboxing of it and shows how looks. This is the first 3d native pj that I'm aware of that you don't need pc or anything else to get 3d to work, you can do 3d via wifi, via usb memory stick, hdmi, vga, so 3d is built into the pj.

Newegg had sale on it last week for 629 dollars. It comes with 2 year warranty, is 700 lumens, and 15,000:1 contrast ratio.

The other option is 3 hdtv's with no basel trim, so you could put 3 hdtv's together and get the effect you are looking for. The advantages of 3d hdtv in 30-47 inch sizes is you could use it in all lighting condtitions.

As to LG pa75u for gaming, it's excellent, low lag for multiplayer gaming, good picture. I own pa70g and I use it for gaming cod and bf3.

Good luck, and let us know which one you get, and post your setup, it sounds cool what you are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.