AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain the difference in the following information?

On a spec sheet comparison, it states that the HD5 can convert all formats to either 480i or 1080i. The DTC-100 can convert all formats into 480i, 540p, 720p, 1080i and 1080i to 1080.

What are the real world ramifications of the RCA better conversions versus the Mits fewer conversions modes. In viewing the entire comparison sheet for all manufactures, most are like the Mits.

Also the two differ in that the RCA includes a NTSC line doubler/Scaler and the other major mfgs dont. Is there a need for this?

Thanks all!

Steve

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have the RCA box and find the doubler really makes a difference in the ota non digital stations. No noise!!

I don't know the answer to your conversion/format question. I really like the RCA though. I tried the Sony and the Panasonic and the RCA did better in pulling in signals from 45 miles out. I liked the picture better with the RCA.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
In Sacramento the reception is great all STB's work fine except the Dish 6000 which needs an immediate update.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The DTC-100 doesn't output all those formats.

Both STBs will receive all ATSC formats.

Both STBs output 480i through the composite and S-video outputs.

The DTC-100 converts 480i to 540p, and everything else to 1080i through its VGA output.

The HD5 converts everything to 1080i through it's component outputs.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.