AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just now got a mount for my optoma, and I don't like how low the image is thrown while mounted on the ceiling. I've had it on a coffee table for about a year now, and I didn't realize how well I liked looking a little up at the screen.

My pj is at 12' 6", it's throwing a 106 inch diagonal. The pj's lens is centered just below a heating duct so I'm losing about 15 inches right off the bat. The offset is about 10", so I'm wasting about 25 inches of height total. This puts the image about 8 inches from the floor. My eyes are a little over halfway up the screen, closer to the top of the screen than the bottom. While on the coffee table, my eyes were just barely over the bottom of the screen.

My questions is this: I know that my pj has both image shift vertically and keystone correction. I've never used either. How much does the vertical shift actual do and how does it affect the picture quality? The same goes for keystone correction, how much does it affect PQ?

I just got another recliner, so now I'll have three seats. That puts a seat in the middle, so coffee table mounting doesn't work since I've been setting just in front of the lens, so that third person would have the pj right into his back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
273 Posts
i found the image shift, actually crops the picture, meaning it cuts off the end.... and for keystone, it makes the projector process the picture and "scale" it because you are now not using all of the pixels in the display... big no no for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If I were you I'd reconfigure seating and go back to the table mount, or swap PJ for an LCD that has greater mounting flexibility. Your low ceiling/ductwork make DLP w/ ceiling mount near impossible for a screen that size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.