AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, (sorry for the older projector post
)

So im currently limited on mounting options for my Optoma HD65, and looks like it is going to have to be almost directly in line with my projection screen. This means that I will have to put a slight angle downward on the device (the back is a little less than an inch higher than the front).

I know its not ideal, but my question is: Is there any risk in operating projectors at an angle/not horizontal? Didn't see any warnings in the manual about it, but wanted another opinion.

Assuming the angle will be ok - to properly support it, I'm looking into buying a small angled mount like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Projector-Gear...4883129&sr=8-1

Its basically going to be sitting on top of a shelf in the upright position (may look a little funny, but ill figure someway to pretty it up)

Does anyone have any recommendations on similar small mounts that may hold an angle better for a long time, etc

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually its much closer to the bottom edge of the screen. In fact if the projector sits flat on the surface, it correctly covers about 70% of the screen, the rest of the image hits just above.

Here is a (sad) attempt at where my projector sits roughly in comparison to the screen. And basically the fact that it throws the image at the upward angle, i would effectively be counteracting with the mount angle.

|
|
|
|
|............................ []
|

Im trying to avoid mounting the unit on the ceiling, not only due to having to use toggles with the stucco ceiling, but also do deal with snaking wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.