AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, and thanks in advance for the help. Where can you place an HD65? Mounting on my ceiling is not an option. I have an IN72 now and the lamp just went so Im getting rid of it. The IN72 projected upwards so it actually had a home at about 4' off the ground on a dedicated counter area and projected up perfectly on my 100" screen...can I do this with my HD65 (If I buy one) My throw was right at 17' 4" THANKS for the help

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry to ask this but why is ceiling not an option? That's a pretty far distance back, so what size screen are you looking for? Just looking for some more details, I'm not an expert but I do have an hd65...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer /forum/post/16951653

Sorry to ask this but why is ceiling not an option? That's a pretty far distance back, so what size screen are you looking for? Just looking for some more details, I'm not an expert but I do have an hd65...

The room it is going is my family room and it has a cathedral ceiling and if I mount from the ceiling my huge ceiling fan is in the way and it would have to be mounted on the grade of the ceiling and it would have to hang down over 2 feet and it would just look silly and annoying. I have a perfect place for the projector just trying to find out for sure if and HD65 will work. Thanks for ur help.

·
Registered
802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htttrh /forum/post/16951678

The room it is going is my family room and it has a cathedral ceiling and if I mount from the ceiling my huge ceiling fan is in the way and it would have to be mounted on the grade of the ceiling and it would have to hang down over 2 feet and it would just look silly and annoying. I have a perfect place for the projector just trying to find out for sure if and HD65 will work. Thanks for ur help.

I'm not an expert by any account, but I do not think HD65 will work for you as at 17'4" you will need to add 13" offset into your equation. Take a look at:
HD65 projection calculator

Also according to the same site, the image produced by IN72 at 17'4" is 112" (zoom 1.00), where with HD65 would give you 147" (zoom 1.00)...hmmm go figure... like I said I'm not an expert, but in the end IN72/HD65 throw picture differently...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark17 /forum/post/16953977

I'm not an expert by any account, but I do not think HD65 will work for you as at 17'4" you will need to add 13" offset into your equation. Take a look at:
HD65 projection calculator

Also according to the same site, the image produced by IN72 at 17'4" is 112" (zoom 1.00), where with HD65 would give you 147" (zoom 1.00)...hmmm go figure... like I said I'm not an expert, but in the end IN72/HD65 throw picture differently...

Also my IN72, 112" sounds right but with the knob on top I could scale it down right at 100"...can I do that with the HD65?

Thanks so much for ur time, Ill start figuring it out....thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Beverage /forum/post/16959319

I have an outdoor screen and take my HD65 out for weekeind movies. With no zoom from about 17' it fills my 10' x 5'8" screen (138" diagonal).

You think it could be zoomed down to 100" diagonal screen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark17 /forum/post/16963183

Dude, use above link ; change metric to english and play with the sliders...

I have and what ive gotten there is totally different than what Im getting from people with the actual hardware, that why there is some confusion, IM just going to buy one or a HD20 when they become available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.