AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Oppo has HDMI out. And I run it to the projector. But my HTPC has DVI out. I'd like to retain digital to digital if possible. What are my options? Is the a switch for this kind of thing or do I need to unplug a cable and so on every time I switch between the Oppo (DVD) and the HTPC?

·
Registered
601 Posts
A few things come to mind -

1) Get a cheap HDMI switch from somewhere like monoprice and use a dvi-hdmi adapter

2) Use the DVI to VGA converter that most likely came with your video card/pc and use that input, unless your video card is HDCP compliant and you need to connect that way.

3) If you're planning on getting a new receiver, get one with HDMI switch built in

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speqtre /forum/post/0

A few things come to mind -

1) Get a cheap HDMI switch from somewhere like monoprice and use a dvi-hdmi adapter

2) Use the DVI to VGA converter that most likely came with your video card/pc and use that input, unless your video card is HDCP compliant and you need to connect that way.

3) If you're planning on getting a new receiver, get one with HDMI switch built in

Thanks for the reply.

I'll go check on switches at monoprice.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've got the 5x1 switch from monoprice. Came with a remote. I paid about $125. works great. No picture quality issues at all.

Price is under $100 now. Great value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts