AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Optoma HD70 that show a yellowish/colorish spot on the image to the right of the screen. It's only really noticeable when the image is really light in color or if you know where to look you can see it as well on dark images. Any ideas what this could be and any suggestions on how to cure this would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Is this a discoloration along one side or is it just a localized spot in the image? If it is along the side, that is usually due to a failing light tunnel. But if it is just a localized spot, then I would say that you may have some dust on the optics inside the projector. If that's the case, you can only clean it by opening the projector and getting inside the imaging chamber.

As with any problem like this, posting an image always helps to narrow it down.

And I know you didn't ask, but so many people do so I'll say it now. This will not be a lamp problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/18273568

Is this a discoloration along one side or is it just a localized spot in the image? If it is along the side, that is usually due to a failing light tunnel. But if it is just a localized spot, then I would say that you may have some dust on the optics inside the projector. If that's the case, you can only clean it by opening the projector and getting inside the imaging chamber.

As with any problem like this, posting an image always helps to narrow it down.

And I know you didn't ask, but so many people do so I'll say it now. This will not be a lamp problem.

Definitely a localized spot. I opened it up once before and did a little cleaning and it made the image a little smaller/less visible. But it is still there. Perhaps I should open it up again? Maybe put a vacuum to it or something?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The problem is going to be in the imaging chamber, which is directly behind the lens. It is "sealed" (dust can still get in if helped with canned air) and attempting to vacuum that out without opening the chamber is like rolling your car window down 1/2" and trying to vacuum the car from the outside.

So to get rid of it, you'll have to go back in and go deeper.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/18273699

The problem is going to be in the imaging chamber, which is directly behind the lens. It is "sealed" (dust can still get in if helped with canned air) and attempting to vacuum that out without opening the chamber is like rolling your car window down 1/2" and trying to vacuum the car from the outside.

So to get rid of it, you'll have to go back in and go deeper.

I see your point. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts