AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The projector is the Optoma HD 80

When I cut the projector on, everything boots up, the optoma logo appears on the screen, and then after about 10 seconds, the projector starts to shut down.

All of the blue lights start to flash.

They will flash until the projector shuts down.

HELP.....

Any suggestions.

· Registered
1,901 Posts
The manual says the Power light is Red when the projector is in Standby and Blue when the projector is on. It also FLASHES when the projector is powering up or down. This is NORMAL.

The Lamp and Temp lights are Red. Why did I make this point? Not to be a smartass, but because you said ALL the Blue lights are flashing when in fact there is only 1 Blue light. Accurate reporting of the conditions will help us help you.

Now, according to the manual, the Blue light (power) flashes when powering up or down. This is Normal.

If the Lamp light is flashing, that indicates a failed fan. If it is solid, the lamp has failed

If the Temp light is flashing, that indicates the projector is overheating.

All of this is in the manual.

So, which light is flashing, other than the Power light? How old is the lamp? Lamps can age to the point where they will fire but are too weak to stay on and the projector shuts down. You could also have a fan or fan controller failure. All depends on which light is flashing.

· Registered
81 Posts
Hey

i have not good news for you, mine pj got the same problem , when i sent it back to serwis they say : the scaling board is demage, we have to replaced it, cost is 300 $ because your garantie is no longer valid, so i pay and my optoma is fix, i think your issue is the same as mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.