AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a HD80 projector fit this room size(depth 25ft - width-10 1/2ft - height of the ceiling is 8 feet).And a what kind of mount to buy?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your room size, although a little narrow, is good. I think your biggest challenge with the HD80 is the fact that your mounting options are a little limited due to its high offset. I have a projector with similar offset (hd1000u) and mine works great mounted to a 7'11" ceiling with a low profile mount such as the Chief mount I am using. I suspect you will want to do the same with the HD80.

Your room width may limit your screen size. You don't want to go too wide and limit your placement options for your Left and Right speakers. If the speakers are too close to the screen, you may not get the stereo separation you desire. Also make sure that when choosing your screen options that you take the center channel speaker into consideration. For my room, although not quite as narrow (13.5 ft wide), I went with a satellite speaker system that allowed me to mount the speakers from the ceiling. I was able to maximize my screen size and still be able to properly space out my speakers. I ended up with a 100" diagonal drop down screen. If my room width was 10.5ft, I would probably go with a 86 or 92in screen.

Either way, I am jealous of anyone who uses the HD80 so good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts