AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded the hacked firmware onto the player the first day I bought it to test out Divx functionality. Since I was thinking about returning the player decided it would be a good idea to restore the original firmware. During the firmware upgrade I accidentally unplugged the unit and now it won't respond at all to the remote or to the buttons on the unit. Is the unit toast? Should I tell techforless.com about the interrupted firmware upgrade or will they refuse to take back the unit? Should I just them it was defective?

Thanks,

-Jonathan.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
YOu probably just bought a boat anchor. Lying to them and telling them it is defective would be fraud. Be honest, take your lumps and move on....How exactly do you accidentally unplug something? Did you trip over the power cord and yank it out the wall?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCarncross
YOu probably just bought a boat anchor. Lying to them and telling them it is defective would be fraud. Be honest, take your lumps and move on....How exactly do you accidentally unplug something? Did you trip over the power cord and yank it out the wall?
Hmm, a boat anchor? Well, all my A/V power cables are messy and I had left the power cable lying across the floor. Then I was pacing while waiting for the upgrade to complete and tripped over it. So I guess it's carelessness on my part. I guess I should just explain to techforless what happened and see if they'll take it back.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLanguage
Hmm, a boat anchor? Well, all my A/V power cables are messy and I had left the power cable lying across the floor. Then I was pacing while waiting for the upgrade to complete and tripped over it. So I guess it's carelessness on my part. I guess I should just explain to techforless what happened and see if they'll take it back.
Yes and that would be a real attempt from Techforless at creating customer goodwill if they decide to eat the loss and accept the unit and grant a refund since you voided the warranty and most certainly the Techforless written policy regarding returns. It can't hurt to try though. You are very good at guessing the obvious, I would conclude it was indeed carelessness on your part. I have done similar things since I am clumsy.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.