AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is spending money on a new JVC HD950 silly at this point? (04-30-2013) If it was down to $2500 or less? Ive had a HD350 and liked it. But would that money be better spent on a newer, lower initial cost projector?

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
32,811 Posts
Does the projector have a warranty? Personally, I would take a new RS46 over it. The 46 will have a sharper lens, better motion and a longer lasting lamp. Contrast and black levels should be the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there anything the HD950 would do better? And what if I could get it for $2250 shipped and it did have a warranty, do you think it would be getting closer to worth it at that point?

I did notice the rs46's were going for just a bit more and was going to inquire about them. What more does the x70 bring at $4k approx and the x90 at $6k? I have an HD350 with an almost brand new bulb that shut off and hasnt turned on for 9 months since I bumped the directv box and unplugged it and I must have sent a surge or something and hurt the projectors power supply or something... I enjoyed this projector and since I have a bulb I though I might get another compatible projector, but if these are just too old then its probably a bad idea..?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
32,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralmind  /t/1470653/hd950-still-a-worthwile-purchase#post_23265655

Is there anything the HD950 would do better? And what if I could get it for $2250 shipped and it did have a warranty, do you think it would be getting closer to worth it at that point?

I did notice the rs46's were going for just a bit more and was going to inquire about them. What more does the x70 bring at $4k approx and the x90 at $6k? I have an HD350 with an almost brand new bulb that shut off and hasnt turned on for 9 months since I bumped the directv box and unplugged it and I must have sent a surge or something and hurt the projectors power supply or something... I enjoyed this projector and since I have a bulb I though I might get another compatible projector, but if these are just too old then its probably a bad idea..?

Thanks for your help!

With warranty and that price the HD950 is a good option. The X70 and X90 get you 4K up-conversion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts