AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am planning to buy a new receiver, most likely the Denon x4100w. I understand that it doesnt support HDCP 2.2. My question is, will I be able to to get away with a non-HDCP 2.2 compatable receiver if I connect a 4K HDCP TV directly to the 4K player and then send another HDMI output from the TV to the receiver for sound?

Thank you

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Hello all,
I am planning to buy a new receiver, most likely the Denon x4100w. I understand that it doesnt support HDCP 2.2. My question is, will I be able to to get away with a non-HDCP 2.2 compatable receiver if I connect a 4K HDCP TV directly to the 4K player and then send another HDMI output from the TV to the receiver for sound?

Thank you

What 4K player / source, do you have ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont have one for now but for future proofing as I dont want to regret buying a new receiver. Lets a 4k bluray player.

What's the rush? You will definitely regret this...DTS is just announcing the DTS:X standards, other sound modes may be in the pipe, and when they do come out with models that do all of this - probably by the holidays - the very receiver you're looking at will be a whole lot cheaper.

Save your money, unless your current unit is busted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts