AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wahoo!! That's the best news I've read in weeks.

Now let's hope this leaks out onto the internet.

j

·
Registered
32 Posts
It will probably leak so that the pirates will have it and the rest of us will have cripled systems. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------

Mike Saemisch

Visit our home theater here .

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
We are all theives. Everyone knows this. It's nice that they frequently remind us (their "valued" customers) of this with a swift kick in the crotch.

While I do not believe hacking is right, I have developed such a distain for certain businesses and their loathsome practices that I find myself in a position where I have to cheer for the pending onslaught of pirates.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
This is one of the first times that someone actually admitted what they are trying to do - keep the average Joe from making a copy - instead of hiding behind the whole large scale piracy excuse.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The great particle of the article is the statement that once the master key is ascertained your noncompliant device can appear to be a compliant one. That is absolutely great for people with what would be obsolete equipment. I look forward to seeing the master keys on the internet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is only the first step. I am sure it will be widespread soon, like the DVD hack was.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MSaemisch:
It will probably leak so that the pirates will have it and the rest of us will have cripled systems. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif
That's looks to be the attitude; from the article:
Intel believes that HDCP meets the intended goal of preventing the casual copying and distribution of entertainment content of DVI outputs," said Oswalt.

------------------

"You can't argue with a confident man"

- Napoleon Wilson, Assault on Precinct 13

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.