AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system won't playback regular DVD's unless I use VLC or PowerDVD.

I only recently became aware of it as I mainy record TV with my box but my fiancee is spending more time with me and wants to bring over DVD's to watch.

needless to say the WAF is very low right now. I even did a new install of Vista 32bit home premium a couple days ago. still nothing works. I thought with the new MS DVD codecs in vista I could watch in media center out of the box?

I think it's a HDCP issue. I have a small 20in LCD TV that's HDCP compliant. I hook it up via HDMI and a regular old VGA cable. I thought if I tried VGA that would get around the HDCP issues.

specs:

VISTA 32bit home premium

PowerDVD8

AMD 5000+BE @3.0GHZ 4GB ram, 820GB storage

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G chipset

Silentflux Media CPU cooler, Nvidia DualTV, HDHomerun, MCE keyboard and remote. SageTV

I really want to be able to just watch DVD's in SAGETV.

I feel I must be missing something obvious here.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/15573974

Get anydvd and it will remove any HDCP problems you are having.

thanks! I'll give it a try. I'd still like to know what the issue is. It's not like i'm trying to circumvent anything I know of.....

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd /forum/post/15574043

thanks! I'll give it a try. I'd still like to know what the issue is. It's not like i'm trying to circumvent anything I know of.....

Take it as one of the joys of HDCP, you could be completely in compliance, and sometimes it still won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts