AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a beefy HTPC and wanted to get a BD-ROM, PowerDVD (MPC-HC doesn't work does it?) and some netflix going. I have a 9600GSO and sammy 65F, with a Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver. I believe all that is HDCP compatible. However, to use my 5.1 sound I have my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard's onboard sound decoding there and sending it out to the receiver through analog. Will HDCP not like that? I can also I believe get drivers to do dolby digital decoding through an optical line and send that to the receiver, which I plan to do.

Will I have problems and should I just get a blueray standalone?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/15587709

NO, it is only concerned with preventing the copying of HD video content.

great news.

however, just before I read this, I heard of the $100 blueray player standalone deal.. decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
well, a PC is a good 2nd BD player. A first...no way.

I have a BD-RE drive in my system and the movies work, but there are many here who have all kinds of trouble.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've been searching and searching but i still don't really understand what major problems peopl ehave with blueray in HTPCs.

I've read some things about low quality, stutter, tearing, slow playing, but I have a fast oc'd quad core, 9600 gso with good (enough for me) upscaling - dvds look good but probably not as good as my oppo, and use reclock. i also don't mind if it takes a bit longer to load and can educate my family. what other issues do people have with it? Does powerdvd suck(never used it)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts