AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a hdcp video card that works with windows media center XP. I have a nvidia 8500gt card installed now but it will not allow the hdcp handshake between the card and my projector (mitsubishi hc3000).I beleve it is a problem with the drivers for the video card. nvidia says there no hdcp drivers out yet for windows XP(in the 85000 or 8600 series) Anybody have any luck with any cards under $100? ATI or nvidia

·
Registered
309 Posts
What is your connection, straight component from card to projector? What are you trying to play (or is it stream?)?

I ran into an issue trying to use a few streaming sources (i.e. Netflix), and a handful of DVD content (like a kiddy thingy from Wendy's) when I was going from right from a Nvidia 8800 series to a projector on component, if I went DVI->HDMI it worked fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to play from a sony blu ray drive. The analog connections work great( i.e. component and vga ) but no digital (dvi to hdmi).I bought the blu -ray drive to watch hd content not upconverted dvd.Every thing I put into the computer was hdcp ready (except the drivers for the video card)

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawpops7 /forum/post/14312497

I am trying to play from a sony blu ray drive. The analog connections work great( i.e. component and vga ) but no digital (dvi to hdmi).I bought the blu -ray drive to watch hd content not upconverted dvd.Every thing I put into the computer was hdcp ready (except the drivers for the video card)

Most 8400 and 8500 cards don't have HDCP unless explicitly stated. 8600 GTS was the only card guaranteed to have an HDCP key.

However there're quite a few 8500s with HDCP support.

The 8400/8500/8600 has had HDCP support (when the card has the cryptoROM) since July of last year along with VP2 H.264 support.

I had an 8600 GTS which was working with HDCP last year under XP SP2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts