AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast cable is apparently using the Motorola HDD 200 box to provide HDTV component output from the DCT2000 converter box. You can see the back panel here: HDD 200 Back and the front here: HDD 200 Front .

The data sheet says the S/PDIF connector is RCA Phono.

How do you get AC-3 digital output from a RCA Phono plug into a receiver, like the Denon 3802?

Do you take the coax S/PDIF feed off the DCT2000 instead of the HDD 200? Do you get the HD feed then, or does it matter for audio?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
All you need to do is take the Digital Coaxial output of the HD box and plug it into the Coaxial input on your Digital receiver. All audio types will play through this output (DD 5.1, DD 2.0(Dolbly Surround), Stereo, and Mono. And decent video cable will do the job! Don't get fooled into thinking you need to spend $50 for a Digital Coaxial cable! If you don't get any breakups in your sound through the Digital Coaxial cable then you have the best audio you can get with any priced cable out there!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just flashed through my mind that when I had an apartment in NY the jack for the building's antenna system was a push to connect 75 ohm device--sort of like a RCA Phono plug in appearance, but certainly not in electrical properties! I suppose this is what the data sheet is referring to. Sure would be nice if someone with this box could confirm, though.....

Now all I have to do is figure out how to record from the component outs for timeshifting. That seems to be impossible!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.