AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time Warner Cable didn't leave me a manual for the General Instruments Interactive Digital Controller set-top box which connects to the HDD-200 Hi Def Decoder box. I'm trying to connect and having problems. Maybe somebody on this forum can help. Dolby Digital isn't connected and my VCR won't work. I've got a SDTV signal only (that'll be corrected tomorrow) to my Panny 50 plasma screen.

Cable guys were nice, but didn't have a clue as to have to connect to what is essentially a monitor. They ran the cable from the wall into the digital controller, then coax to my S-VHS (which connects to the Panny via a S-Video connection). It looks to me as if I should be connecting the S-Video connection on the controller to the VCR? Where should the digital audio come out of the controller to fit into the inputs on the HDD-200? There's also a S-Video connection on the HDD-200, but that doesn't make sense. The HDD-200 is connected via my DVD component cables to the Panny (which is getting poor audio from the VCR (I think). It's a mess! So, unless I find a solution, I'll get to swap component cables all the time. What are the sync outputs for (next to the component outputs?

Is this a situation where I have to get a pre/pro that can switch component, as well as S-Video, and let it be the traffic cop?

Leslie

·
Registered
63 Posts
The hdd200 has all the outputs. All the controller box does is feed the datastream to it, via a cable attached to the HSI input on the HDD200.

If there ain't a cable from the controller to the HDD200, it ain't gonna happen. If there is, then use the hdd's outputs for hookup. Component out to tv component in . Ignore the sync sockets unless you have a tv that requires separate sync signals +RGB type connections.

Run a cable from spdif output to your digital audio input on your AV receiver. S video to your VCR; S video from VCR to either your AV receiver or the TV. Run analog audio cables from hdd output to VCR RCA jack audio IN. And so on. For more info, go to the 4dtv forum on Delphi.com...they use the same equipment for Big Dish sat reception of HDTV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.