AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched many places for the perfect on the go media player and have yet to find exactly what I want. so I've got a couple of questions that I hope after being answered I can decide what I want.

I've been looking at HDD MediaPlayers and the only one that looks like what I want is the Pixelmagic MB200:

I want a media player with all the connections on the back that this has (hdmi, vga, digital outputs, s-video, component, network, and usb connections) I want to be able to connect other usb external drive to it like I can the pixelmagic. its almost perfect the only thing else I would like is to be able to play audio without having a monitor and I don't know if anything like that exist if somebody know of one please let me know or if you know of other devices that are similar to the pixelmagic with all the same characteristics please let me know.

the second part is the mini htpc or mini itx computer I've thought about useing one of these and then have the ability to use it as a regular computer but I can't find much information about how well they play video and if they could run emulators to play up to n64 emulator. if anybody is using a mini itx board to play any kind of games on it I would like to know how well it runs and how good the graphics are. thanks for any help on either subject

·
Registered
912 Posts
It sounds like your dilemma is like mine. I wanted a good all around mp3/movie/gaming/productivity software/internet browser.

I wanted to either go with a nice Dell or HP PDA, but actually decided that I didn't really need productivity software THAT much. This meant that I wanted a device that has a ton of gaming software for it already, has decent graphics, and been around a while. Surprise: the PSP!

But if you want a portable media player that you can plug into a monitor or TV and have decent resolution and decent HD size, you should look into the iPod 80 GB video - you can export 640 X 480 vids onto that thing, it's super portable, and you don't need a monitor to listen to mp3s.

Or...you can get a laptop...

·
Registered
942 Posts
I would maybe consider an archos. The ipods screen isn't very large and i believe the archos has a capacity up to 160 gigs. If you are looking for HD viewing I don't think any pmp's has that feature as of now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.