AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roger's finally got HDTV equipment to give to us here in Fredericton and I picked up an HDD200 Friday that connects to the digital terminal I already had.

HDTV looks awesome - beyond words really. But I have a minor question.

The manual for the HDD200 says that I can access it's menu by pressing Power while holding down CC when the box is off. Is there some trick to this? Every time I try this either the box doesn't come on, or it does and the only effect is that CC is enabled.

I don't think there are any settings I need to change, but I'd like to take a look in there anyway.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Where does it say that? What page is it on?

Unless I'm missing your point I just access the menu by pressing MENU on the remote control.

Rick

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Page 13.

I'm talking about the HDD200 HDTV decoder itself (there is no remote) not the digital cable box of which I'm aware of the Menu button on the remote.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Whoops! My mistake. I thought you were talking about the HD200. Sony's HD STB. Sorry!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 200 hooked to a Digital satellite receiver with a 12' dish. What you stated is how I access the menu. I have the TV set to HD, hold down the CC button and push the on button. Gives you a choice of English or French. You can move the picture on the screen if it is not centered and is letterboxed. The screen ratios can be set to 16x9,

4x3 normal or 4x3 stretched and thats about it. I have no idea if it works the same off cable...Dick...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried this and only get the results I mentioned above? I found a thread on another message board that mentioned only the HDD201 had this feature. Can you confirm that yours is an HDD200?

Does one have to be on an HTDV channel before the menu will work?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have an HDD200 and have no menu either. The very 1st boxes out didn't have it. The later ones with the newer firmware did. If only there was a way to upgrade it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay. At least that seems to be a definitive answer. It's fine I guess, as it's clearly set to 16x9 (which I want) and the image position seems correct.

Those are the only options in the menu as far as I know anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I believe there is an upgrade to the HDD-200 that

provides the capability you are talking about. I

myself have an older version of the HDD-201 and

do not have the menu capability using the CC button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a 200. The first one I had was a 201 and it had Echostar on the front of the case. Sent it back and the replacement does not have Echostar on it. As someone else stated the early models did not have a menu, from what I've read on 4DTV forums. To see the menu I have to have the TV set to HD option and have the digital receiver on a HD channel. I do not have a wide screen 16x9 and was able to move the letterboxed picture closer to the center of the screen in 4x3 ratio. There was talk of an upgrade for the menu, but beings I didn't need it I didn't follow up on it...Dick...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.