AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sit on hold for the countless time, I am now with customer retention for the third time.

I was put on the "waiting list" back in November for two HDDVRs. No one ever called. Last Tuesday I called and the lady, who was not pleasant, indicated I would have to pay $299 for the HDDVR because I do not qualify for the $99 discount. Why, because I didn't pay for my last receiver. I told her I did, while staring at my Bestbuy invoice, and she indicated that her computer indicated that I did not pay for it. Offering to fax her the receit, she declined and said that would not work, so I asked to be transferred to customer retention. She did not, I ended back on the top of the queue.

So, found the customer retention on this forum, and called, threatening to bail to DISH. The man said I would get the first for $99 and the second free and call me back within the hour to schedule install. It never happened.

Today, back to the main line. They said everything was fine and they would honor the deal, and I was transferred to the installs desk. The installs desk, after a long hold, said they could not do the credit and transferred me back to the retention department. Alfter another long hold the retentions dept said that they would NOT honor the offer, and that the first one would be $99 and the second at 1/2 price ($150). Now I am on hold again for endless minutes waiting for a supervisor.

I cannot believe that DTV is trying to RETRACT the offer and DOWNGRADE the deal. To me this seems that terrible business practice.

More later.

LATER: Well now the supervisor will honor the order, but ...

1. They will not install it until Feb. 7th, thereby missing the Super Bowl.

2. They will not ship one now, the installer has to bring it .. their policy

3. They said they do not care if I post all of this to the AVSForum.

4. They are doing a substantial financial deal here to satisfy me... I indicated that if I invoiced them for the countless hours on hold at my hourly rate, the cost would far exceed the savings I am getting from their "great deal".

If anyone has any ideas on how to accelerate the process, please let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I feel your pain on the waitlist...called 3 times and kept being told I would get one within 3-4 weeks....even though I kept calling a week apart from each other....

Eventually called one day and magically they had "plenty in stock" yet I got no phone call.

Oh well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.