AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about these "protected" products on the hdfury website?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just saw that. Was about to pull the trigger on the Diva and looked at their website and those were added in the past few hours.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
VRROOM is expected to ship in November. Pre-orders should open up soon. The price listed is the initial pre-order price for the first 100 units ordered. The price will rise as more are ordered; eventually to $499 after 500 are sold I believe. You probably need to be a subscriber to the HDfury Discord support server in order to grab one at the lowest pre-order price.

Note that the VRROOM won't include Diva-like Ambilight support; there may be a later device to replace the Diva. It will be more like the Vertex 2 but with HDMI 2.1 ports with 4K120 and VRR support. And will feature an eARC port like the Arcana as well as an HDMI audio output.

Reactions: Kieran and HDfury

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
VRROOM is expected to ship in September or later. Pre-orders should open up soon. The price listed is the initial pre-order price for the first 100 units ordered. The price will rise as more are ordered; eventually to $499 after 500 are sold I believe. You probably need to be a subscriber to the HDfury Discord support server in order to grab one at the lowest pre-order price.

Note that the VRROOM won't include Diva-like Ambilight support; there may be a later device to replace the Diva. It will be more like the Vertex 2 but with HDMI 2.1 ports with 4K120 and VRR support. And will feature an eARC port like the Arcana as well as an HDMI audio output.
If the 8K devices are going up in price I assume the 4K ones will stay put then? Do you know?

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
A quality HDMI 2.1 matrix switch plus it splits out eARC as an HDMI in (like Arcana). I preordered already.

That's on top of all the other things people do with HDFury devices that's too advanced for me to understand. :)

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Password is available on our discord support server until the pages open up for everyone.
1st NOVEMBER is current shipping date set to be safe, but it might ship way earlier.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the note about "FRL6: 48Gbps/1500MHz under testing" something that may or may not happen down the line and if so what additional features would it allow? With the new chipset, is the upscaler confirmed to have full 4:4:4 processing? There is also a note that DSC1.2a is that referring to support for Display Stream Compression (DSC)?

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The Vertex 2 did not have the horsepower to do Aspect Ratio detection. Will the new device be able to offer such a feature? Right now that is the only reason I would have to upgrade.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Thanks to a post from claw in another thread, I pre-ordered myself a Vrroom. Thanks, claw! :) I'm not currently setup for HDMI 2.1 but at some point I will be and it'll help me avoid having to replace my AVR immediately. Plus all the other things I already use my Integral 2 for. Can't wait!

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Is the note about "FRL6: 48Gbps/1500MHz under testing" something that may or may not happen down the line and if so what additional features would it allow? With the new chipset, is the upscaler confirmed to have full 4:4:4 processing? There is also a note that DSC1.2a is that referring to support for Display Stream Compression (DSC)?
FRL6 is not confirmed because we don't have yet any source/display combo to confirm or prove it yet.
So technically it is supported, yet without real end users sources and displays available, we cannot confirm it, should happen soon.
Yes DSC1.2a is Display Stream Compression, no source or display available here as well to confirm but since we only pass thru in this case, we should be totally fine.
I doubt processing is 4:4:4 (it is usually done with a free lane for color depth, so chroma usually top at 4:2:2) since it would be a waste of resources as there is no 4:4:4 content out there for the public, yet we could still end up nicely surprised but it would need some serious measurements tool to confirm.
All questions here cannot be answered today, too early in FW dev and not enough capable equipment available to confirm any of these yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To be exact that is correct but only at 4K, because at 2K we can (HDfury X4)
Is there any chance the Vroom will be able to do a 4k60>120 conversion? I can't seem to find any device that can do it. Is it computationally expensive/difficult to do? Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts