AVS Forum banner

1701 - 1705 of 1705 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I only just got the AVRKey a few weeks ago and it worked great until now! I used it with a Fire TV 4k Stick, a HDMI2.0b HDR 4k Philips Monitor and an old Pioneer AVR (sc2023).
It already had the latest firmware on it when it arrived.

Now it seems to be broken already and I can't figure out why :(

Since yesterday, after switching the input from a FireTV Stick to a FireTV Cube, the blue led turns on only for about a split second and then it stays dark, forever. No matter if I hotplug or not or press any buttons or not it stays dark.

It was constantly powered for about 2 weeks, with the Fire TV as source it didn't turn off I guess.
Could this be the problem? It got too hot for too long, or is there still something I could do?

I already tried:
  • switching back to how it was used before of course (source change)
  • changing all cables
  • using only 0.5m short cables
  • using my computer as a source
  • all of these setups work without problems with my old Integral though.
  • resetting it by holding rst for a long time (it blinks quickly when I release rst afterwards). This is the only way I get to light it up now except for replugging the power cable.
  • connecting to Windows computer: GUI works, but doesn't show anything, I can only change settings. Turning led on/off doesn't seem to change anything either.
  • flashing the firmware even though it was already up2date

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or what else I could check?
The Key still gets hot when connected to a power source but it just won't work anymore.

Thanks for reading and any help!

Max

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Hello,

I only just got the AVRKey a few weeks ago and it worked great until now! I used it with a Fire TV 4k Stick, a HDMI2.0b HDR 4k Philips Monitor and an old Pioneer AVR (sc2023).
It already had the latest firmware on it when it arrived.

Now it seems to be broken already and I can't figure out why :(

Since yesterday, after switching the input from a FireTV Stick to a FireTV Cube, the blue led turns on only for about a split second and then it stays dark, forever. No matter if I hotplug or not or press any buttons or not it stays dark.

It was constantly powered for about 2 weeks, with the Fire TV as source it didn't turn off I guess.
Could this be the problem? It got too hot for too long, or is there still something I could do?

I already tried:
  • switching back to how it was used before of course (source change)
  • changing all cables
  • using only 0.5m short cables
  • using my computer as a source
  • all of these setups work without problems with my old Integral though.
  • resetting it by holding rst for a long time (it blinks quickly when I release rst afterwards). This is the only way I get to light it up now except for replugging the power cable.
  • connecting to Windows computer: GUI works, but doesn't show anything, I can only change settings. Turning led on/off doesn't seem to change anything either.
  • flashing the firmware even though it was already up2date

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or what else I could check?
The Key still gets hot when connected to a power source but it just won't work anymore.

Thanks for reading and any help!

Max
Hello Max, can you post a picture of your unit and a picture of the GUI utility when connected to it please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Max, can you post a picture of your unit and a picture of the GUI utility when connected to it please.

Hi,

thanks for your reply!
Here are the photos. During my tries sometimes I stopped connecting the AVR also, I hope that's not a problem.

When taking the photo of the GUI it was connected as shown on the photos to the Fire TV Stick and via an "ultra high speed" 0.5m hdmi to the monitor.

IMG_20201218_171847.jpg IMG_20201218_171735.jpg IMG_20201218_172930.jpg IMG_20201218_172500.jpg IMG_20201218_172443.jpg IMG_20201218_173409.jpg IMG_20201218_173433.jpg IMG_20201218_173523.jpg IMG_20201218_173536.jpg IMG_20201218_173552.jpg IMG_20201218_173630.jpg IMG_20201218_173634.jpg

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Hi,

thanks for your reply!
Here are the photos. During my tries sometimes I stopped connecting the AVR also, I hope that's not a problem.

When taking the photo of the GUI it was connected as shown on the photos to the Fire TV Stick and via an "ultra high speed" 0.5m hdmi to the monitor.
Ok thanx, did you try another power supply to make sure it's not a power issue ? (you can try any phone/tablet charger for that)
If yes, please send email and we will replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok thanx, did you try another power supply to make sure it's not a power issue ? (you can try any phone/tablet charger for that)
If yes, please send email and we will replace it.
Yes, unfortunately :(
I just tried once more to make sure and used the one from the Integral.

Thanks for the quick support and kind service!

1701 - 1705 of 1705 Posts