AVS Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2202 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a very strange problem with my Diva this morning.

Diva completely blocked :

• Was able to connect via the webserver
  • No input entered in the web server was taken into account or processed
  • Toggle switches : no action / oled screen seemed frozen
  • All the devices connected (IN and OUT) were not powered (standby mode only for the TV / usually this TX0 edid is recognized by the Diva when TV TX0 in standby mode - here no input/output detected on the Diva - Everything empty)
  • Last but not least : unplug/replug power of the Diva did not solve the problem (did it several time / no change)
  • I unplug/replug power also of ALL the devices connected to the Diva => no change

What has solved the problem is disconnected the 3 HDMI output cables (TX0 : TV / TX1 : Projector / Audio Out : soundbar). I had once again the problem when reconnecting. Then I diagnosed that it was the HDMI connection at Audio Out that was causing the problem.

I replugged everything and the Diva restarted ok. No problem since today... What happened ?

Do I have something wrong on the Diva HDMI Audio Out connector ? That's my fear. My HDMI cable is brand new and is working (Diva Audio Out to HDMI IN Soundbar).

Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I changed my router and Diva was set to a static IP. Now I can't access Diva webpage, even after power cycling. Tried connecting laptop cable directly to DIVA but still was not able to bring up the Diva webpage. Is there an external button sequence to restore Diva back to Factory Defaults?
What does the Diva display show for an IP address? What IP addresses are you using on your network now? Do the first 3 numbers of the address match (i.e. 192.168.20.X)?

I suspect the new router changed your subnet, i.e. it used to be 192.168.0.X, now it's 192.168.10.X or similar. If your Diva is set to 192.168.0.10 but your network changed to 192.168.10.X, the Diva won't work until it's on the same network / subnet as your router.

I've got some other tricks (I'm a network engineer by trade) but getting this info will help a bunch.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I changed my router and Diva was set to a static IP. Now I can't access Diva webpage, even after power cycling. Tried connecting laptop cable directly to DIVA but still was not able to bring up the Diva webpage. Is there an external button sequence to restore Diva back to Factory Defaults?
Please use the menu on the diva with the push buttons and activate a factory reset.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had a very strange problem with my Diva this morning.

Diva completely blocked :

• Was able to connect via the webserver
  • No input entered in the web server was taken into account or processed
  • Toggle switches : no action / oled screen seemed frozen
  • All the devices connected (IN and OUT) were not powered (standby mode only for the TV / usually this TX0 edid is recognized by the Diva when TV TX0 in standby mode - here no input/output detected on the Diva - Everything empty)
  • Last but not least : unplug/replug power of the Diva did not solve the problem (did it several time / no change)
  • I unplug/replug power also of ALL the devices connected to the Diva => no change

What has solved the problem is disconnected the 3 HDMI output cables (TX0 : TV / TX1 : Projector / Audio Out : soundbar). I had once again the problem when reconnecting. Then I diagnosed that it was the HDMI connection at Audio Out that was causing the problem.

I replugged everything and the Diva restarted ok. No problem since today... What happened ?

Do I have something wrong on the Diva HDMI Audio Out connector ? That's my fear. My HDMI cable is brand new and is working (Diva Audio Out to HDMI IN Soundbar).

Thank you for your support.
We would need the diva config file.
You can export it and post it here.
It is located in the webgui the config section.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What does the Diva display show for an IP address? What IP addresses are you using on your network now? Do the first 3 numbers of the address match (i.e. 192.168.20.X)?

I suspect the new router changed your subnet, i.e. it used to be 192.168.0.X, now it's 192.168.10.X or similar. If your Diva is set to 192.168.0.10 but your network changed to 192.168.10.X, the Diva won't work until it's on the same network / subnet as your router.

I've got some other tricks (I'm a network engineer by trade) but getting this info will help a bunch.
He can just factory reset the unit and the diva will then grab an ip via DHCP.

·
Registered
124 Posts

The Diva static address is 192.168.0.20. It worked fine before I replaced DSL modem with modem/router that is bridged to old Linksys wireless router.

I am dumb founded why direct cable between Diva and laptop did not work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We would need the diva config file.
You can export it and post it here.
It is located in the webgui the config section.
Hello my typical config file. Nearly all settings by default. Full auto mix configuration.

When I exported the config file I had : XBOX One ON (HDMI 3) => TV LG 58CX (TX0) and ATV4K ON with a 1080p PCM 2.0 content (HDMI 0) => PROJ W1090 and all the other devices off.

Will certainly have more questions in the future as I did not really understand what can be done with custom EDIDs... I'm fighting a lot between all the different formats and compatibility (HDR, DV, HDR to SDR conversion for projector (never as good as the SDR equivalent), LPCM multichannel of the ATV,...).

My setup :

ATV4K => HDMI IN 0
UP970 => HDMI IN 1
PS4 => HDMI IN 2
XBOX ONE => HDMI IN 3

TX0 => TV LG OLED48CX
TX1 => PROJ BENQ W1090
AUDIO OUT => SOUNDBAR LG SN11RG

After all, I think this Diva is a piece of wonder. I had installed it less than 2 weeks ago...

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello my typical config file. Nearly all settings by default. Full auto mix configuration.

When I exported the config file I had : XBOX One ON (HDMI 3) => TV LG 58CX (TX0) and ATV4K ON with a 1080p PCM 2.0 content (HDMI 0) => PROJ W1090 and all the other devices off.

Will certainly have more questions in the future as I did not really understand what can be done with custom EDIDs... I'm fighting a lot between all the different formats and compatibility (HDR, DV, HDR to SDR conversion for projector (never as good as the SDR equivalent), LPCM multichannel of the ATV,...).

My setup :

ATV4K => HDMI IN 0
UP970 => HDMI IN 1
PS4 => HDMI IN 2
XBOX ONE => HDMI IN 3

TX0 => TV LG OLED48CX
TX1 => PROJ BENQ W1090
AUDIO OUT => SOUNDBAR LG SN11RG

After all, I think this Diva is a piece of wonder. I had installed it less than 2 weeks ago...
Please use the firmware I sent via pm. Any issues please post the config again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Please use the menu on the diva with the push buttons and activate a factory reset.
I used OSD menu to reenable DHCP and cycled power which reset ip to 192.168.1.22. All is well now. It would have been nice to have button sequence because the OSD is not convenient to view in the location of my DIVA. But all is well now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recommendations

Hi, stumbled upon HDFury and started to catch up on all the threads. Wondering if their would be any benefits in purchasing a Diva for my current setup if anyone has similar equipment.

LG C9 > Nvidia Shield Pro > Sonos Arc. (setup is used just for streaming content only)

I have not experienced any lip sync issues.
DV works for Netflix and Disney +. Does not work for Google Play or Youtube. (DV works on TV WebOS App).

Does HDFury work well to upscale content at 720P to 4K?
Can I trick the panel into enabling DV Mode?

Thank you in advance,

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Recommendations

Hi, stumbled upon HDFury and started to catch up on all the threads. Wondering if their would be any benefits in purchasing a Diva for my current setup if anyone has similar equipment.

LG C9 > Nvidia Shield Pro > Sonos Arc. (setup is used just for streaming content only)

I have not experienced any lip sync issues.
DV works for Netflix and Disney +. Does not work for Google Play or Youtube. (DV works on TV WebOS App).

Does HDFury work well to upscale content at 720P to 4K?
Can I trick the panel into enabling DV Mode?

Thank you in advance,
HDfury devices only support direct upscale of 1080P HD to 4K. You would need to combine an HDfury X4 to first upscale to 1080P and then use one of the 4K HDfury devices like the Diva to upscale to 4K.

Your C9 already supports DV so what would you be trying to do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
HDfury devices only support direct upscale of 1080P HD to 4K. You would need to combine an HDfury X4 to first upscale to 1080P and then use one of the 4K HDfury devices like the Diva to upscale to 4K.

Your C9 already supports DV so what would you be trying to do?
Thank you for the quick reply.

Wondering if their was a way to fix Google Play or YouTube and enable DV within the shield, not a big deal to use local TV app which triggers DV correctly.

The Shield only outputs at 422 10bit, not sure if I will see any other benefits to force 444 12 bit. I assume this is content dependent.

The only other fix is Crave app streams content at 720P and some 1080P.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply.

Wondering if their was a way to fix Google Play or YouTube and enable DV within the shield, not a big deal to use local TV app which triggers DV correctly.

The Shield only outputs at 422 10bit, not sure if I will see any other benefits to force 444 12 bit. I assume this is content dependent.

The only other fix is Crave app streams content at 720P and some 1080P.

Thank you
If the Shield does not currently support Dolby Vision from Google Play there is nothing an HDfury device can do to change this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The sonos arc requires the arcana not the diva or vertex 2 hdmi audio out. So you will need that as well.
What's this function in reference to then? "Diva is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

the maestro TX and RX with the arcana is the better choice. You can use the diva for ambient lighting as well locally from the tv it is connected to.
How would you recommend linking them all together?
The SeriesX, ATV4k and PS4Pro I want to be able to use lighting on.
Yet SeriesX, PS4Pro and X360 I want to be able to use on the bedroom tv.

I see on the comparison the Maestro is missing Output Management. How will that affect the ATV4k usage?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
What's this function in reference to then? "Diva is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

The SeriesX, ATV4k and PS4Pro I want to be able to use lighting on.
Yet SeriesX, PS4Pro and X360 I want to be able to use on the bedroom tv.

I see on the comparison the Maestro is missing Output Management. How will that affect the ATV4k usage?
"Diva is also capable of extracting full audio from any TV ARC or eARC (HDMI2.1) up to Atmos High Bit Rate over True HD and forward it via 720p/1080p HDMI to ANY capable AVR input!"

-
The Diva has an audio-only HDMI output port that can send audio to an AVR HDMI input or to a sound bar that has an HDMI input. The Sonos Arc does not have an HDMI input. It has an eArc enabled HDMI output. Only the Arcana has the ability to connect its HDMI Arc port to the Sonos HDMI Arc port.

I would purchase a 7 port HDMI 2.0b switch. Connect a Diva to the switch HDMI output. Connect the Diva TX1 1080P output to the 1080P TV. Connect the Diva TX0 output to an Arcana. Connect Arcana HDMI output to LG. Connect Arcana Arc port to Sonos Arc port.

If you don't want a switch you could create a complex configuration of HDfury devices. Two Divas, or one Diva and one Vertex 2. Plus 1 Arcana.

Connect 4 players to a Vertex 2 or Diva. Connect Vertex2/Diva TX0 output to a Diva HDMI input. Connect the other 3 players to the remaining Diva inputs. Connect Diva TX1 output to the 1080P TV. Connect the Diva TX0 output to an Arcana. Connect the Arcana HDMI output to the LG. Connect the Arcana Arc HDMI port to the Sonos Arc. You would need something to simplify the complex source player switching between the Vertex 2 and Diva. To future proof this configuration I would use one Vertex 2 and one Diva so that I could replace the 1080P TV and drive two 4K TVs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is there a recommended profile for TX1? Outputting to Samsung F8500 plasma. Thanks for the help
For HDR to SDR conversion you will need to experiment and then fine tune with say the home theater or bright etc user modes and use that for watching this material.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only the Arcana has the ability to connect its HDMI Arc port to the Sonos HDMI Arc port.
I see. The wording on the Diva page is a little confusing :S. +1 Arcana to the shopping cart it is then :)

I would purchase a 7 port HDMI 2.0b switch.
My problem there is finding such a switch. Didn't have any luck finding anything that didn't come with some sort of comprise (reduced max bandwidth, doesn't support CEC, etc, etc, etc), that's why I landed on HDFury, as they appeared the only devices that won't gimp a part of your setup.

Connect 4 players to a Vertex 2 or Diva. Connect Vertex2/Diva TX0 output to a Diva HDMI input. Connect the other 3 players to the remaining Diva inputs. Connect Diva TX1 output to the 1080P TV. Connect the Diva TX0 output to an Arcana. Connect the Arcana HDMI output to the LG. Connect the Arcana Arc HDMI port to the Sonos Arc. You would need something to simplify the complex source player switching between the Vertex 2 and Diva. To future proof this configuration I would use one Vertex 2 and one Diva so that I could replace the 1080P TV and drive two 4K TVs.
That's what a was originally considering, but instead of switch into switch, I'd just use two ports on the LG, a switch in each (the diva I plug my devices I want lighting on and want to use in the bedroom. the vertex2, I plug anything else i'm fine with leaving solely available on the LG without lighting). Figured that'd be more reliable, and potentially less laggy for the devices plugged into the switch connected to the switch.
My next hurdle was how to get the devices connected to the Diva into the bedroom, as that was on the end of a Cat6 run, hence chasing recommendations for a HDBT adaptor set to connect to the Sony TV there.

I get it that the Maestro does HDBT, but my issue there is I want the devices that are using lighting to also be available to HDBT. Unless I frankenstein a setup together with a Maestro connected to a Diva similar to as you suggested for the Diva/Vertex2 rig above. But wouldn't that introduce a lot of lag?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I see. The wording on the Diva page is a little confusing :S. +1 Arcana to the shopping cart it is then :)

My problem there is finding such a switch. Didn't have any luck finding anything that didn't come with some sort of comprise (reduced max bandwidth, doesn't support CEC, etc, etc, etc), that's why I landed on HDFury, as they appeared the only devices that won't gimp a part of your setup.

That's what a was originally considering, but instead of switch into switch, I'd just use two ports on the LG, a switch in each (the diva I plug my devices I want lighting on and want to use in the bedroom. the vertex2, I plug anything else i'm fine with leaving solely available on the LG without lighting). Figured that'd be more reliable, and potentially less laggy for the devices plugged into the switch connected to the switch.
My next hurdle was how to get the devices connected to the Diva into the bedroom, as that was on the end of a Cat6 run, hence chasing recommendations for a HDBT adaptor set to connect to the Sony TV there.

I get it that the Maestro does HDBT, but my issue there is I want the devices that are using lighting to also be available to HDBT. Unless I frankenstein a setup together with a Maestro connected to a Diva similar to as you suggested for the Diva/Vertex2 rig above. But wouldn't that introduce a lot of lag?
If you connect to two LG inputs, only one of the device chains will have an Arcana. So some of the players can't send audio to the Sonos.

2121 - 2140 of 2202 Posts