AVS Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2201 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you connect to two LG inputs, only one of the device chains will have an Arcana. So some of the players can't send audio to the Sonos.
Oh yeah, you're right. I didn't catch that.

What setup would you recommend then?
Getting all 7 devices into the LG / Sonos.
With at a minimum, the SeriesX, ATV4k and PS4Pro with lighting.
And being able to use the SeriesX, PS4Pro and X360 also in the bedroom.
Without loosing any CEC control or introducing game altering lag on the LG.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you connect to two LG inputs, only one of the device chains will have an Arcana. So some of the players can't send audio to the Sonos.
If I've got:
Diva > LG HDMI 2 (ARC) / Arcana > Sonos
and
Vertex > LG HDMI 1.
Wouldn't everything in the Vertex still come though the Sonos, because video/audio would land at the TV, and then it'd pass the audio back through the ARC to the Arcana > Sonos ? But size the TV's processing it, it wouldn't be full quality?
Which if that's the case, I wouldn't mind, as all the devices I'd plug into the second switch wouldn't be my main gear anyway. More there just to be there. Or am I missing something else here?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
If I've got:
Diva > LG HDMI 2 (ARC) / Arcana > Sonos
and
Vertex > LG HDMI 1.
Wouldn't everything in the Vertex still come though the Sonos, because video/audio would land at the TV, and then it'd pass the audio back through the ARC to the Arcana > Sonos ? But size the TV's processing it, it wouldn't be full quality?
Which if that's the case, I wouldn't mind, as all the devices I'd plug into the second switch wouldn't be my main gear anyway. More there just to be there. Or am I missing something else here?
You are probably correct. Didn't consider LG pass through ARC from HDMI input.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Last year I pre-ordered DIVA prior to release. Today I decided to hookup the LED strip. Unfortunately, I could not get the LEDs to emit anything. I verified the power brick is outputting 5VDC. Attached is my config. I tried with TX0, TX1, and static color? I recall there was discussion of replacement of initial LEDs? Attached is my config.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Last year I pre-ordered DIVA prior to release. Today I decided to hookup the LED strip. Unfortunately, I could not get the LEDs to emit anything. I verified the power brick is outputting 5VDC. Attached is my config. I tried with TX0, TX1, and static color? I recall there was discussion of replacement of initial LEDs? Attached is my config.
Please retest with the newest firmware I sent via pm. Any issues please post the config again.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
@HDfury @hdfuryhelp Speaking of LEDs, any update on the larger strips that had been put on hold due to covid manufacturing? I've thought of buying the 9cm gap one that you guys carry now but I'd rather hold off if the new ones are still on the not too distant horizon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are probably correct. Didn't consider LG pass through ARC from HDMI input.
So has anyone tested that? Will an arcana receive audio from a TV's ARC, through the Arcana's video input and pass it back out it's eARC port?
In that case how does this sound:
SeriesX + ATV4k + PS4Pro + X360 > HDFury Diva
Diva TX0 > Arcana > LG OLED C7 (HDMI 2/ARC) / Sonos Arc
Diva TX1 > Insert some sort of HDBT adaptor
Then:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch > HDFury Vertex2
Vertex2 TX0 > LG OLED C7 (HDMI 1)

I don't think I need the Maestro just to get the Diva inputs to the Sony, and probably should just use a pair of HDMI>HDBT / HDBT>HDMI adaptors. Anything you'd recommend?

Or should I go the Maestro instead of the Vertex2, and loop the Diva's second output into the Maestro and use it's HDBT to get to the Sony. Or would that substantial lag?
Something like:
Diva TX1 > Maestro
Then:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch > Maestro
Maestro TX0 > LG OLED C7 (HDMI 1)
Maestro HDBT > Sony

·
Registered
325 Posts
@HDfury @hdfuryhelp Speaking of LEDs, any update on the larger strips that had been put on hold due to covid manufacturing? I've thought of buying the 9cm gap one that you guys carry now but I'd rather hold off if the new ones are still on the not too distant horizon.
Please send an email to contact [at] hdfury.com
as the shipping department may have more info concerning this.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So has anyone tested that? Will an arcana receive audio from a TV's ARC, through the Arcana's video input and pass it back out it's eARC port?
In that case how does this sound:
Diva TX1 > Insert some sort of HDBT adaptor
Then:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch > HDFury Vertex2
Vertex2 TX0 > LG OLED C7 (HDMI 1)

I don't think I need the Maestro just to get the Diva inputs to the Sony, and probably should just use a pair of HDMI>HDBT / HDBT>HDMI adaptors. Anything you'd recommend?

Or should I go the Maestro instead of the Vertex2, and loop the Diva's second output into the Maestro and use it's HDBT to get to the Sony. Or would that substantial lag?
Something like:
Diva TX1 > Maestro
Then:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch > Maestro
Maestro TX0 > LG OLED C7 (HDMI 1)
Maestro HDBT > Sony
If you wish to connect a lot of devices I would not use the tv eARC output at all.

I would put an additional 3rd party switch in front of the diva to add additional inputs and then just hook everything up as per

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a similar problem like that just recently. Latest firmware, LED‘s were working fine. Then I noticed a few days ago they stopped.
I noticed they weren’t enabled in the GUI. Re-enabled and they are back to working...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would put an additional 3rd party switch in front of the diva to add additional inputs and then just hook everything up as per
I'm keen to stick with the HDfury line as much as possible, so thinking:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch + 360 > Vertex2
Vertex2 TX0 > Diva
SeriesX + ATV4k + PS4Pro + Vertex2 > HDFury Diva
Diva TX1 > HDBT (thinking something like the Kramer PT−871 kit. any good?) > Sony

How's that sound?
I guess technically then everything can get lighting and be available on the Sony.
What would the potential lag be for the devices plugged into the Vertex by the time they reach the LG?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Please send an email to contact [at] hdfury.com
as the shipping department may have more info concerning this.
Ok, thanks. Email sent.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm keen to stick with the HDfury line as much as possible, so thinking:
Xbox One X + Xbox One + Nintendo Switch + 360 > Vertex2
Vertex2 TX0 > Diva
SeriesX + ATV4k + PS4Pro + Vertex2 > HDFury Diva
Diva TX1 > HDBT (thinking something like the Kramer PT−871 kit. any good?) > Sony

How's that sound?
I guess technically then everything can get lighting and be available on the Sony.
What would the potential lag be for the devices plugged into the Vertex by the time they reach the LG?
Yes this looks like it will work for you but I would just use the tx0 to the LG
and the hdmi audio out to the arcana.

I have no idea about the Kramer. But hdfury also makes a kit called the maestro.
Maybe check that out as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes this looks like it will work for you but I would just use the tx0 to the LG
and the hdmi audio out to the arcana.
I was under the impression that the audio out port on diva wouldn't fully pass atomos/etc, so that's why the arcana was required, to split video/audio and send the audio to earc.
If I'm outputting full bandwidth audio from the audio out port on the diva already, what advantage does having the arcana between that port and the sonos provide then?

I have no idea about the Kramer. But hdfury also makes a kit called the maestro.
Maybe check that out as well.
I considered that. But felt that considering I just need a single HDMI input to HDBT, that the Maestro also being a 4 port switch was a little overkill. I'll do a little research outside this page on HDBT adaptors then.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I was under the impression that the audio out port on diva wouldn't fully pass atomos/etc, so that's why the arcana was required, to split video/audio and send the audio to earc.
If I'm outputting full bandwidth audio from the audio out port on the diva already, what advantage does having the arcana between that port and the sonos provide then?
The Diva can't send audio to the Sonos Arc because the Diva has an HDMI output and the Arc requires an ARC connection. The Diva does not have an ARC HDMI port. The Arcana does.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

got two questions, read all 108 pages in a few days, but couldn't find a real answer or overlooked it.

1) I've got a 65 inch TV and bought the Diva with the 60-65 inch ambient LED strip.
How does the Diva know I'm having an 65 instead of a 60 inch TV? (via the PC configuration mode?)
Because I'm kinda curious how the alignment will be with what's on the corners of the screen. Especially after seeing the clip on page 24 (post #473) I read about no corners because of logo's ect. I respect everybody's choice but I prefer the corners being lit up. (also configurable via the PC?) So I will have to place them closer to each other. I'm aware of that. But not sure what will happen with the color alignment with what's on screen versus what's on the wall.

Somehow a bummer that different bigger screens need to share the same LED length, even if they have other screen sizes. But I understand this due to production cost ect.

2) Is their an option for buying custom made lengths if I pay for it? (I'm really dead serious, I would pay for stuff like that right away, name your price)
Like using the 4cm LED gap strip, like the one for the 50 inch screen and use it for the 65 inch display instead of the standard 7cm gap one? Reason: I own also a DreamSceen and their amount of LED's on the DIY FLEX is double of the one from the Diva LED strip. This question is not about the brightness of the Diva strip (I bought the double one), but about showing 'more' smaller amounts of aligned details from screen to wall via these LED's per side. (just something I prefer, I example know Philips uses even fewer on their OLED tv sides.)

I also saw this question a lot and I'm aware it's just a gimmick of the Diva and not the real purpose. (the ambient lights) Why not making 1 big 'FLEX'ible DIY LED strip like the DreamScreen company did offer. Just cut it yourself on the perfect size for your TV, give in the LED count on the 4 sizes via the PC configuration and done. (easier said than done, I know)

Just wondering because I'm kinda new to the Diva and their ambient solution. By the way, I'm absolutely not a DreamScreen fan boy...
Only their DIY FLEX strip is awesome due to the small 4,5cm gap between the LED's, which gave a very detailed alignment of (smaller) details from screen to wall, the rest of their product isn't working as promised. So no worries.

Hopefully these questions are not giving you too much 'again about the LED's' stress, because I read a lot of demands from other customers.

But my had off! Seems like a very good customer service you've got overhere! You seem to be a 24/7 customer services after reading all pages and this through all the years!

Best regards,
Sen

2141 - 2160 of 2201 Posts