AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2201 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for help,

I would like to know if you know any product to use with Philips Hue hdmi sync box.

The problem is that when i use my nvidia shield pro watching any dolby vision content, the Philips Hue lights do not work well... they go crazy... i was looking a product where I could conect the nvidia shield tv pro, and then 2 outputs. One should go directly to my lg cx 77 oled earc tv and the other output to philips hue sync box (but this signal must be no hdr because the philips box goes crazy with hdr content). Then the sound goes to my soundbar by earc.

My english skills are terrible sorry.

I was thinking in hd fury diva 4k device, because in some forums they say that it works... the 4k diva has a downscaler output right? So if connect the nvidia shield to input 1, then main output to my tv and the second output (the 1080p one) to the philips sync box... the sync box will recognize a 1080p signal (sdr) so it should work with any issue, isn`t it? On one hand if diva can convert a 4k dv signal in a sdr 1080p signal in one output and in the main one keeps sending the main source in 4k dv... i don`t find which could be the problem... would you have any idea?

I apreciatte your help,

Thank you,

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi,

got two questions, read all 108 pages in a few days, but couldn't find a real answer or overlooked it.

1) I've got a 65 inch TV and bought the Diva with the 60-65 inch ambient LED strip.
How does the Diva know I'm having an 65 instead of a 60 inch TV? (via the PC configuration mode?)
Because I'm kinda curious how the alignment will be with what's on the corners of the screen. Especially after seeing the clip on page 24 (post #473) I read about no corners because of logo's ect. I respect everybody's choice but I prefer the corners being lit up. (also configurable via the PC?) So I will have to place them closer to each other. I'm aware of that. But not sure what will happen with the color alignment with what's on screen versus what's on the wall.

Somehow a bummer that different bigger screens need to share the same LED length, even if they have other screen sizes. But I understand this due to production cost ect.

2) Is their an option for buying custom made lengths if I pay for it? (I'm really dead serious, I would pay for stuff like that right away, name your price)
Like using the 4cm LED gap strip, like the one for the 50 inch screen and use it for the 65 inch display instead of the standard 7cm gap one? Reason: I own also a DreamSceen and their amount of LED's on the DIY FLEX is double of the one from the Diva LED strip. This question is not about the brightness of the Diva strip (I bought the double one), but about showing 'more' smaller amounts of aligned details from screen to wall via these LED's per side. (just something I prefer, I example know Philips uses even fewer on their OLED tv sides.)

I also saw this question a lot and I'm aware it's just a gimmick of the Diva and not the real purpose. (the ambient lights) Why not making 1 big 'FLEX'ible DIY LED strip like the DreamScreen company did offer. Just cut it yourself on the perfect size for your TV, give in the LED count on the 4 sizes via the PC configuration and done. (easier said than done, I know)

Just wondering because I'm kinda new to the Diva and their ambient solution. By the way, I'm absolutely not a DreamScreen fan boy...
Only their DIY FLEX strip is awesome due to the small 4,5cm gap between the LED's, which gave a very detailed alignment of (smaller) details from screen to wall, the rest of their product isn't working as promised. So no worries.

Hopefully these questions are not giving you too much 'again about the LED's' stress, because I read a lot of demands from other customers.

But my had off! Seems like a very good customer service you've got overhere! You seem to be a 24/7 customer services after reading all pages and this through all the years!

Best regards,
Sen
The leds are sized according to the tv sizes listed. The LEDS use different spacing on the strips for different size tvs.

No there is no option for custom leds they are sized appropriately in our view for most users. Please test and report back after testing if they suit you.

There are no plans to offer a DIY package as you want at this time. However you can use the dreamscreen with the diva. Just use the diva 1080p SDR output to input into the dreamscreen if their solution is more appealing. Hdfury is all about choice!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am looking for help,

I would like to know if you know any product to use with Philips Hue hdmi sync box.

The problem is that when i use my nvidia shield pro watching any dolby vision content, the Philips Hue lights do not work well... they go crazy... i was looking a product where I could conect the nvidia shield tv pro, and then 2 outputs. One should go directly to my lg cx 77 oled earc tv and the other output to philips hue sync box (but this signal must be no hdr because the philips box goes crazy with hdr content). Then the sound goes to my soundbar by earc.

I was thinking in hd fury diva 4k device, because in some forums they say that it works... the 4k diva has a downscaler output right? So if connect the nvidia shield to input 1, then main output to my tv and the second output (the 1080p one) to the philips sync box... the sync box will recognize a 1080p signal (sdr) so it should work with any issue, isn`t it? On one hand if diva can convert a 4k dv signal in a sdr 1080p signal in one output and in the main one keeps sending the main source in 4k dv... i don`t find which could be the problem... would you have any idea?

I apreciatte your help,

Thank you,
Hi there Yes you can also use the diva to output to the phillips hue sync. I see no issue at all doing this. As I said in last post hdfury is all about choice.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I am looking for help,

I apreciatte your help,

Thank you,
Yes that will work perfectly we have many users doing just that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The leds are sized according to the tv sizes listed. The LEDS use different spacing on the strips for different size tvs.

No there is no option for custom leds they are sized appropriately in our view for most users. Please test and report back after testing if they suit you.

There are no plans to offer a DIY package as you want at this time. However you can use the dreamscreen with the diva. Just use the diva 1080p SDR output to input into the dreamscreen if their solution is more appealing. Hdfury is all about choice!

Thx for the fast respons!

I'm aware of the different sizes, I'm just kinda worrying that the 60-65 strip will be good on a 60" but maybe a little small on the 65"? Giving those black corners. I like the rectangular look more. But appreciate everybody's taste!

Also the LED spacing situation I will undergo.
Coming from an DS4K on a 55inch TV which has a LED spacing every 4,5cm (1.77inch),
going to a 65inch TV with Diva LED spacing of 7cm.
(I'm going from 29 Top & Bottom and 17 side LED's on a 55 inch to almost half the less LED's on a bigger screen)

I wish I could use the DS4K with the Diva, especially as a solution for all the Dolby Vision problems the DS4K has.
But the biggest problem is it's fan!!! It almost makes more noise than my vacuum cleaner, even with the lights off. (and yes it's free of dust ect., it's just a known problem. So it's just a count down till mine burns down.)
Also I went from a 55" to a 65" TV so can't use those LED's anymore and can't find any replacing LED's for it.

Sorry if I take too much of your time.
I know it's not the mean function of the Diva.

But I bought it especially for the ambient LED's. Kinda expensive... I know.
For me totally worth it. Really helps me relax. Ambient lights are a really plus point on my movie/cinema experience.
All Sounds maybe stupid. So yeah, my previous message was about wandering if there was a solution for more LEDs per cm (inch). Even if it's custom solution (for your company) and will cost me some money.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Thx for the fast respons!

I'm aware of the different sizes, I'm just kinda worrying that the 60-65 strip will be good on a 60" but maybe a little small on the 65"? Giving those black corners. I like the rectangular look more. But appreciate everybody's taste!

Also the LED spacing situation I will undergo.
Coming from an DS4K on a 55inch TV which has a LED spacing every 4,5cm (1.77inch),
going to a 65inch TV with Diva LED spacing of 7cm.
(I'm going from 29 Top & Bottom and 17 side LED's on a 55 inch to almost half the less LED's on a bigger screen)

I wish I could use the DS4K with the Diva, especially as a solution for all the Dolby Vision problems the DS4K has.
But the biggest problem is it's fan!!! It almost makes more noise than my vacuum cleaner, even with the lights off. (and yes it's free of dust ect., it's just a known problem. So it's just a count down till mine burns down.)
Also I went from a 55" to a 65" TV so can't use those LED's anymore and can't find any replacing LED's for it.

Sorry if I take too much of your time.
I know it's not the mean function of the Diva.

But I bought it especially for the ambient LED's. Kinda expensive... I know.
For me totally worth it. Really helps me relax. Ambient lights are a really plus point on my movie/cinema experience.
All Sounds maybe stupid. So yeah, my previous message was about wandering if there was a solution for more LEDs per cm (inch). Even if it's custom solution (for your company) and will cost me some money.
I think we talked the same thing on discord already, please use one way of asking and stick with it, thanx.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a confusing problem, my 1080 P tv will not display my ATV 4K HDR signal on TX1 if it is triggered first, but if I run it to the HDR display on Tx0 first then switch it over it displays fine. Is there a particular setting I should have engaged

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't know if mentioning alternatives is allowed, but I could not find any comparisons online. How does the HDFury compare to MadVR? I messed with MadVR a bit & the HDR (via madvr tone mapping & sending as sdr) on my epson 5050ub is incredible!! However with PC's it gets wonky & its a hassle to move PC into theater room. If even mentioning MadVR is not allowed please remove, and if possible PM me some thoughts.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know if mentioning alternatives is allowed, but I could not find any comparisons online. How does the HDFury compare to MadVR? I messed with MadVR a bit & the HDR (via madvr tone mapping & sending as sdr) on my epson 5050ub is incredible!! However with PC's it gets wonky & its a hassle to move PC into theater room. If even mentioning MadVR is not allowed please remove, and if possible PM me some thoughts.
You were answered in the vertex 2 thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am trying setup the macros for my Projectors but looking at the two different status pages there seems to be a mismatch. What is going on here

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I am trying setup the macros for my Projectors but looking at the two different status pages there seems to be a mismatch. What is going on here
On the HDR/AVI tab, what value is displayed for EOTF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can the diva control ambient lighting along with it's tv back lighting?

EDIT: ambient as other lighting in the room, not just the lighting behind the tv.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Can the diva control ambient lighting along with it's tv back lighting?

EDIT: ambient as other lighting in the room, not just the lighting behind the tv.
What I do for this is use Hue lights in the room and play everything through my Emby server. There's a plug in for it that will change the lights for play, pause, stop, etc. It works great for bringing the lights up and down while watching something.

2161 - 2180 of 2201 Posts