AVS Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2415 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello and thank you for your help.

It seem you have it hooked up as per Claws instructions but we really need a config file when the atmos is playing and the speaker icon is blinking on the denon.
Ok

Please confirm if any sound via ARC from the tv works.
Yes without the diva. Only PCM and DD with the diva.

Also are you connecting a hdmi cable from the diva hdmi audio out to the input of the receiver?
Are you connecting the display to the diva tx0 hdmi outport.
Yes.

Please test this with no connection from the denon to the vertex 2 at all other then the hdmi audio out.
And see if the audio then works.
Tried as you said but DD+ doesn't work at all.

And post the config.
Here is the config file asked below.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hello and thank you for your help.

Ok

Yes without the diva. Only PCM and DD with the diva.

Yes.

Tried as you said but DD+ doesn't work at all.

Here is the config file asked below.
In this config the hdmi audio out is connected to the denon hdmi input? (NOT A MONITOR 1 OR MONITOR 2 output)
Did you select the correct input on the denon?

If this is done it is possible the issue is with the hdmi cable you are using?

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you go to the hdfury website and download the firmware there is a txt file that states what has been changed.
The hdmi routine was changed as it was causing issues for some users. So if you use older firmware then there will be features you miss out on. So you need to decide if the resync issue is a better option for you then the new firmware.
Thank you very much for the information

·
Registered
22 Posts
In this config the hdmi audio out is connected to the denon hdmi input? (NOT A MONITOR 1 OR MONITOR 2 output)
The hdmi audio out of the diva is connected to hdmi input 1 of the AVR (not monitor 1 or monitor 2 output). For a try, i connected my nvidia shield on this hdmi input 1 of the AVR and DD+ is correctly played.

Did you select the correct input on the denon?
I, of course, select the correct input of the denon.

If this is done it is possible the issue is with the hdmi cable you are using?
I tried 4 different hdmi cables (first one is hdmi 1.4. Second one is hdmi 2.0. The others are hdmi 2.1). The issue is still here!

With the diva, I've got the issue. Without, DD+ is playing nicely.

Are these settings ok?

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
The hdmi audio out of the diva is connected to hdmi input 1 of the AVR (not monitor 1 or monitor 2 output). For a try, i connected my nvidia shield on this hdmi input 1 of the AVR and DD+ is correctly played.

I tried 4 different hdmi cables (first one is hdmi 1.4. Second one is hdmi 2.0. The others are hdmi 2.1). The issue is still here!

Are these settings ok?
Those settings are the pics of the inputs of the diva. The CEC/ARC section is the section we need to see.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I explained in the processor comp thread the features I am looking for in a processor, and I am wondering if A. this model has them, and B. you would recommend it over others that have them?

Guys can you please help me I am very new to mid and high range processors. I need either one processor for 500 bucks to 2 grand, or two matching for each projector for half of that each, that 100% must be able to do these three things:

• warping for aligning projectors in a stack
  • 3D demux (to two projectors if it's one box, or just to one each if it's two cheaper boxes)
  • 1080p 24hz support

And possibly also this fourth feature, but am not sure because I dont know what it is:

- edge blending

And then I dont need now but if Im going to buy an expensive processor, for future proofing it would be nice to have:

• 4k support
  • CMS in case one day my projector does not have "live color"

I can buy new or used. I bet there are very high quality Lumagen processors available new for 1 grand, and used for less, that at least have the first three features, and CMS. I know for a fact that "Lumagen Radiance mini3D" can do it, but for two projectors you would need two of them, and they are one of the cheaper Lumagen models I think. Perhaps there is a higher model up the food chain that can do two projectors from one box, and also has some of the other features, and also high quality video processing to enhance images for 2D.

So far the only ones I'm familiar with that do either all these features, or all besides CMS, are geobox models that are more than I want to spend. I would like to get something like that, but with more features, for the same price, or something for less cost. And if it's something that can map HDR to 1080p projectors that's even better.
And if it's possible to get in this price range without having to spend much more, I'd love to get HDR to SDR tonemapping or whatever like one of the Lumagen processors has, I dont know the model. I see the op post for the HD Fury Diva says it has "HDR to SDR conversion" so is that the same thing? What is the best value processor that has that but also has the 3D demux, warping, and so on?

Note: the most recent info I just heard sounds like I probably dont need edge blending, just warping.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I explained in the processor comp thread the features I am looking for in a processor, and I am wondering if A. this model has them, and B. you would recommend it over others that have them?

And if it's possible to get in this price range without having to spend much more, I'd love to get HDR to SDR tonemapping or whatever like one of the Lumagen processors has, I dont know the model. I see the op post for the HD Fury Diva says it has "HDR to SDR conversion" so is that the same thing? What is the best value processor that has that but also has the 3D demux, warping, and so on?

Note: the most recent info I just heard sounds like I probably dont need edge blending, just warping.
No our devices cannot do
  • warping for aligning projectors in a stack
  • 3D demux
  • CMS in case one day my projector does not have "live color"
the features are listed here in the specs.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hello,

I thought these settings influenced DD or DD +.

Below are my settings in the ARC / EARC section.
[/Q
Hello,

I thought these settings influenced DD or DD +.

Below are my settings in the ARC / EARC section.
I was in talks with dev and they want you to try using optical out of diva to avr optical in and confirm if that works for you or not for dd+.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was in talks with dev and they want you to try using optical out of diva to avr optical in and confirm if that works for you or not for dd+.
Hello and thanks for your help.

I followed the instructions and made the connections you asked me to.

I made the tests by leaving connected or by disconnecting the HDMI cable between the DIVA (audio out only) and the AVR (audio input 1).

I obviously set the AVR to have the sound of the optical cable.

Unfortunately, in both cases, again, the dolby digital is playing well and I can hear it in my AVR but not the DD +.

Here is my config file below

In this case I hear no sound in my AVR and the speaker diagram displayed on my AVR screen is either blinking or missing.

I redid the test in ARC, by unplugging the DIVA.

In this case, the DD + is correctly read on my AVR and I can hear sounds from internal apps on my TV. DD + is well displayed on the screen of my AVR.

I did the same test with the cable that was connected between the TV and the DIVA and the one that was connected between the DIVA and my AVR. I conclude that the cables are out of the question for my issue.

It does not come either from my AVR or my TV since when they are connected live, everything (DD and DD +) is played perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
the features are listed here in the specs.
Hey, so Technology3456 was asking about dynamic tone mapping. Does the below do something similar to what MadVr does? Looking for something to tone map all source's HDR meta to SDR @ a certain target nits, say 150... something suitable for PJs.

thanks.

Highlight Video Features:
HDR Fixer

Diva is capable of injecting and extracting live Infoframe and HDR metadata at any resolution in real time. Decipher incoming HDR/HLG/DV metadata and AVI infoframe, build your own Custom HDR metadata and AVI infoframe thru HDfury metadata and infoframe creator, translate HLG>HDR, replace or boost value from any metadata on the fly or simply disable all or just some of them. Additionally Diva also support VSIF, AUD, HVS, HFV and others infoframes.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Hey, so Technology3456 was asking about dynamic tone mapping. Does the below do something similar to what MadVr does? Looking for something to tone map all source's HDR meta to SDR @ a certain target nits, say 150... something suitable for PJs.

thanks.

HDR Fixer

Diva is capable of injecting and extracting live Infoframe and HDR metadata at any resolution in real time. Decipher incoming HDR/HLG/DV metadata and AVI infoframe, build your own Custom HDR metadata and AVI infoframe thru HDfury metadata and infoframe creator, translate HLG>HDR, replace or boost value from any metadata on the fly or simply disable all or just some of them. Additionally Diva also support VSIF, AUD, HVS, HFV and others infoframes.
Injecting HDR10 metadata is not tone mapping. The input signal is output unchanged except for a custom layer of HDR10 metadata. Your display will need to perform tone mapping.

The Diva can convert 4K HDR to 1080P RGB 8-bit SDR to its full-time 1080P HDMI output. But there is no 4K HDR to 4K SDR tone mapping capability.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

thanks.

HDR Fixer

I would also like to know this. Apparently some Lumagen processor closer to 8.5 grand than 5 grand, I dont know the model, can map HDR onto 1080p SDR, but I am wondering if anything at a much lower price can do it and do it well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would also like to know this. Apparently some Lumagen processor closer to 8.5 grand than 5 grand, I dont know the model, can map HDR onto 1080p SDR, but I am wondering if anything at a much lower price can do it and do it well.
I currently use my PC, which has a RTX 3070. Does a phenomenal job. So I would recommend going that route for movies and TV shows if possible. I ripped all my content to a server so it's also very convenient. I just moved from a Sony 665es to a 715es and the DTM n the MadVr is definitely necessary.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Are these settings ok?
Just heard back from dev
"If optical does not work then it means the AVR does not support DD+ by optical, because this always works unless the avr does not support DD+ over optical.
The HDMI issue is known issue on some AVR and nothing we can do for it, however, new generation should be perfect for that."

So basically there is nothing can be done as some users avrs work such as Claws and others do not like yours even though they are the same brand.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The vertex 2 can scale 4k HDR to 1080p HDR but it cannot make a fake 1080p SDR stream HDR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, a new user here considering the Diva to do the ambilight, however I am not sure what’s required to achieve it.
My existing setup is as follows:
ATV4K -> Denon receiver -> Sony Bravia

Denon supports Dolby Vision pass through and my content is mostly Dolby Vision
Could you please suggest required parts? And most importantly, does ambient lighting work with Dolby Vision content?

Many thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a similar setup. I have an ATV4K (and also an NVidia Shield) connected to a Denon X2200W AVR going to a Sony Bravia X930E TV (with the Diva between the AVR and TV).
The Diva ambilight feature works great with DV content as well as HDR10 and regular SDH. It routes the TX0 output (video being sent to the TV) to the TX1 output (so you essentially lose the use to TX1) - this is what allows them to support ambilight in all modes. No big deal.

In addition to purchasing the Diva, you will need to purchase the optional Ambient Leds. There are 56 LEDs in a strip and you order based on your TV screen size - they change the gap between the leds to compensate for screen size.
You can also order a dual strip version if you want more brightness. They are pretty bright on their own.

My Sony is a 65" model. I ended up with dual strips due to the fact my screen is at the corner of my living room and 3 sides are quite a bit away from the wall (~1.5ft). Since you can set one or more of the sides to be "dimmer" (I dim the right section closest to the wall), it is very flexable to setup and use. If you are mounting close to a wall, the single strip might be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar setup. I have an ATV4K (and also an NVidia Shield) connected to a Denon X2200W AVR going to a Sony Bravia X930E TV (with the Diva between the AVR and TV).
The Diva ambilight feature works great with DV content as well as HDR10 and regular SDH. It routes the TX0 output (video being sent to the TV) to the TX1 output (so you essentially lose the use to TX1) - this is what allows them to support ambilight in all modes. No big deal.

In addition to purchasing the Diva, you will need to purchase the optional Ambient Leds. There are 56 LEDs in a strip and you order based on your TV screen size - they change the gap between the leds to compensate for screen size.
You can also order a dual strip version if you want more brightness. They are pretty bright on their own.

My Sony is a 65" model. I ended up with dual strips due to the fact my screen is at the corner of my living room and 3 sides are quite a bit away from the wall (~1.5ft). Since you can set one or more of the sides to be "dimmer" (I dim the right section closest to the wall), it is very flexable to setup and use. If you are mounting close to a wall, the single strip might be fine.
Thank you for the very detailed response, this is exactly what I was after!
Do I need to use the strip sold by HDFury or any other light strip will do?

Setup wise we’re pretty much identical- Denon X2300W and 65” Bravia XF9005 so that means it’ll work for me too! 🙂

2361 - 2380 of 2415 Posts