AVS Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 2415 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Dolby Vision works with ambilight when the TV is a Sony without any custom configuration in the Diva. Sony TVs require player-led Dolby Vision that works with ambilight. TV-led Dolby Vision will not work with ambilight. This is where the Diva can be configured with an LLDV EDID so the players know to send player-led LLDV instead of TV-led Dolby Vision.

Note that if you upgrade to a 2021 Sony TV, they will support TV-led Dolby Vision so the Diva will be be required to use an LLDV EDID. At least I believe the new Sony's will present an EDID that prefers TV-led Dolby Vision.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Thank you @claw ! So with all things considered does this need to be Diva or maybe I should consider other HDFury devices?
Diva is the only 4K device that supports Ambilight, the HDfury ambient lighting solution. And I believe it requires the HDfury LED strips.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any ETA on the hdmi 2.1 Diva? I want to futureproof the purchase to be compatible with ps5/xbsx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DIVA gurus,

I cannot for the life of me get my Sony XBR-77A9G 4K TV to eARC communicate successfully through an HDFury DIVA all the way via HDMI to a legacy Sony STR-DA3500ES (pre-ARC AVR). I have seen the HDFury youtube video
demonstrating the Sony X950G sending Dolby Digital+ to a Sony AVR of the same era, so this must be possible.

Has anyone out there been able to eARC extract DD+ from an A9G (only HDMI3 has eARC) to DIVA to DA3500ES (or similar)? If so, what were your exact TV and DIVA settings? I have updated my DIVA's firmware to 0.79.0.14 and have spent several hours adjusting settings on the TV as well as the DIVA via the website interface but have never been able to hear audio coming from my legacy AVR via an HDMI input (non-ARC). Meanwhile, a Toslink optical connection directly from the TV to the legacy AVR always works (but is limited to DD). I need DD+ to get the TV's native Disney+ Android/Google app to play in surround sound instead of just PCM 2CH-stereo so that is why I have been exploring HDMI and ARC/eARC. The kids haven't noticed the difference between surround sound vs. stereo, but I sure as heck can!

I think I am close, because the DIVA unit has recognized and stated from TX0: "Sony TV *00: 4K60 420 8b DV BT2020 ARC" -- once it actually showed "Sony TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020 EARC" but I can't remember exactly when or why it did that, because I have been flipping around so many settings. I have no external inputs active as I am only interested in playing DD+ audio out of the television -- so I believe the goal of my desired set up is relatively simple. I am trying to use the AUDIO OUT 720P/1080P HDMI output port to send the digital audio to the legacy AVR. Since I am not concerned with video at all, I figured that the AUDIO OUT port would be the proper choice.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

P.S. I could not get a Thenaudio SHARC (non-programmable) to work extracting ARC/eARC audio out of the A9G either. Is this a finicky 4K TV, or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? All cables are High Speed HDMI + Ethernet. I would really like the DIVA to work in this scenario, because it is such a nice piece of equipment! [Please see attached CONFIG file]

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
DIVA gurus,

I cannot for the life of me get my Sony XBR-77A9G 4K TV to eARC communicate successfully through an HDFury DIVA all the way via HDMI to a legacy Sony STR-DA3500ES (pre-ARC AVR). I have seen the HDFury youtube video
demonstrating the Sony X950G sending Dolby Digital+ to a Sony AVR of the same era, so this must be possible.

Has anyone out there been able to eARC extract DD+ from an A9G (only HDMI3 has eARC) to DIVA to DA3500ES (or similar)? If so, what were your exact TV and DIVA settings? I have updated my DIVA's firmware to 0.79.0.14 and have spent several hours adjusting settings on the TV as well as the DIVA via the website interface but have never been able to hear audio coming from my legacy AVR via an HDMI input (non-ARC). Meanwhile, a Toslink optical connection directly from the TV to the legacy AVR always works (but is limited to DD). I need DD+ to get the TV's native Disney+ Android/Google app to play in surround sound instead of just PCM 2CH-stereo so that is why I have been exploring HDMI and ARC/eARC. The kids haven't noticed the difference between surround sound vs. stereo, but I sure as heck can!

I think I am close, because the DIVA unit has recognized and stated from TX0: "Sony TV *00: 4K60 420 8b DV BT2020 ARC" -- once it actually showed "Sony TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020 EARC" but I can't remember exactly when or why it did that, because I have been flipping around so many settings. I have no external inputs active as I am only interested in playing DD+ audio out of the television -- so I believe the goal of my desired set up is relatively simple. I am trying to use the AUDIO OUT 720P/1080P HDMI output port to send the digital audio to the legacy AVR. Since I am not concerned with video at all, I figured that the AUDIO OUT port would be the proper choice.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

P.S. I could not get a Thenaudio SHARC (non-programmable) to work extracting ARC/eARC audio out of the A9G either. Is this a finicky 4K TV, or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? All cables are High Speed HDMI + Ethernet. I would really like the DIVA to work in this scenario, because it is such a nice piece of equipment! [Please see attached CONFIG file]
The diva is sending the audio as the config shows "AUDOUT": "from TX0 using ARC",

Please take the spdif output of the diva and send to the legacy AVR when you do not have sound via hdmi and see if the spdif is working for sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply hdfuryhelp,

The SPDIF output from the DIVA also does not output any sound when connected to the legacy AVR through its optical port using the supplied optical adapter cord. I adjusted some more TV and DIVA settings. The latest CONFIG file shows: "SONY TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020 EARC" consistently, but still never any audio from AUDIO OUT.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks for the reply hdfuryhelp,

The SPDIF output from the DIVA also does not output any sound when connected to the legacy AVR through its optical port using the supplied optical adapter cord. I adjusted some more TV and DIVA settings. The latest CONFIG file shows: "SONY TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020 EARC" consistently, but still never any audio from AUDIO OUT.
If you do not get sound from spdif then it means the AVR does not support this audio format. So you cannot send this type of audio to the legacy avr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing else is connected to the A9G TV: HDMI1 (empty), HDMI2 (empty), HDMI4 (empty)
HDMI3 has eARC and that is where DIVA is connected. I am using 48Gbps HDMI cables.

On INFO page...
SOURCE: [blank]
IN TX0: no signal
AUDIO TX0: [blank]
AUDIO OUT: from TX0 using EARC
EDID TX0: SONY TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020

Should IN TX0 say "no signal" all the time for my setup?
Should the AUDIO TX0 be [blank] all the time for my setup?

On EDID page...
I have it set at AUTOMIX. No matter what AUDIO FLAG setting I select = no sound
AUDIO FLAGS: STEREO (no sound) = this should have worked with any legacy AVR, shouldn't it have?
5.1 (no sound)
FULL (no sound)
TX0 (no sound)
AUDIO OUT (no sound)

Even when set to CUSTOM instead, neither #5 Custom Default - Sony A1 LLDV DCI-P3 nor #10 Custom Default - Sony A1 LLDV BT2020 produce any sound either.

My personal setup must not be compatible for ARC/EARC audio transmission (though I still wonder how the old AVR in the youtube video worked). I appreciate all the help nevertheless.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nothing else is connected to the A9G TV: HDMI1 (empty), HDMI2 (empty), HDMI4 (empty)
HDMI3 has eARC and that is where DIVA is connected. I am using 48Gbps HDMI cables.

On INFO page...
SOURCE: [blank]
IN TX0: no signal
AUDIO TX0: [blank]
AUDIO OUT: from TX0 using EARC
EDID TX0: SONY TV *00: 4K60 444 DV BT2020

Should IN TX0 say "no signal" all the time for my setup?
Should the AUDIO TX0 be [blank] all the time for my setup?

On EDID page...
I have it set at AUTOMIX. No matter what AUDIO FLAG setting I select = no sound
AUDIO FLAGS: STEREO (no sound) = this should have worked with any legacy AVR, shouldn't it have?
5.1 (no sound)
FULL (no sound)
TX0 (no sound)
AUDIO OUT (no sound)

Even when set to CUSTOM instead, neither #5 Custom Default - Sony A1 LLDV DCI-P3 nor #10 Custom Default - Sony A1 LLDV BT2020 produce any sound either.

My personal setup must not be compatible for ARC/EARC audio transmission (though I still wonder how the old AVR in the youtube video worked). I appreciate all the help nevertheless.
It is showing audio is being sent. The edid is being shown from the tx0. Have you tried setting the audio out format from 1080p to 720p or vice versa in the config menu?
I would test to see if this changes anything.

You can also run the hdmi audio out to a different display and see if you see bars. I think the hdmi audio shows a blue bars to a display.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi , I have below setup with Diva, I am not getting when Apple TV is set to Chroma 444 , same set up worked well with my friend Diva (3_18_2021) and but with my new Diva. Please help up what is going on

I am posting Both config the one worked (3_18_2021)and other not worked (3_23_2021)
We are helping you via discord.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hdfuryhelp,

I would like to thank you for all your assistance regarding posts #2387-2392.

In summary, SUCCESS finally (Disney+ in DD+ to the STR-DA3500ES via HDMI)!!

It was my own fault, since I kept a headphone cable adapter connected from the 4K TV that was being used as an RCA input for my legacy AVR's analog-only Zone2. Even though I had disconnected all other HDMI cables from the 4K TV, I left the headphone cable in -- not remembering that it was actually MUTING any digital output from the TV. Strangely enough, this muting did not affect the Toslink optical connector, so I could hear successfully from the optical output but not from the HDMI ARC/eARC output. This led me to think that something was wrong with the ARC/eARC extraction, when in fact, it was just being muted by the A9G TV the whole time! Of course, it doesn't show "MUTE" anywhere on the screen to help clue me in. Lesson learned, disconnect any headphone jacks = VOILA!

For fellow Sony owners, my working CONFIG file is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
hdfuryhelp,

I would like to thank you for all your assistance regarding posts #2387-2392.

In summary, SUCCESS finally (Disney+ in DD+ to the STR-DA3500ES via HDMI)!!

It was my own fault, since I kept a headphone cable adapter connected from the 4K TV that was being used as an RCA input for my legacy AVR's analog-only Zone2. Even though I had disconnected all other HDMI cables from the 4K TV, I left the headphone cable in -- not remembering that it was actually MUTING any digital output from the TV. Strangely enough, this muting did not affect the Toslink optical connector, so I could hear successfully from the optical output but not from the HDMI ARC/eARC output. This led me to think that something was wrong with the ARC/eARC extraction, when in fact, it was just being muted by the A9G TV the whole time! Of course, it doesn't show "MUTE" anywhere on the screen to help clue me in. Lesson learned, disconnect any headphone jacks = VOILA!

For fellow Sony owners, my working CONFIG file is attached.
That is great news you found the solution!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, I wonder how can I make that AppleTV detects the option of Dolby Atmos when connected to DIVA. In my tv ita detected and AppleTV shows Dolby Atmos, in the projector Dolby Atmos is not there on AppleTV. Sound system is exactly the same so I don’t know if I have to enable aome setting in the DIVA web menu... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi all, I wonder how can I make that AppleTV detects the option of Dolby Atmos when connected to DIVA. In my tv ita detected and AppleTV shows Dolby Atmos, in the projector Dolby Atmos is not there on AppleTV. Sound system is exactly the same so I don’t know if I have to enable aome setting in the DIVA web menu... thanks in advance!
If you go to the diva EDID tab you can pick automix and tick FULL
or click custom and use an EDID from the pull down menu with All Sound in the file name.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you go to the diva EDID tab you can pick custom and tick FULL
or click custom and use an EDID from the pull down menu with All Sound in the file name.
Ok so if I choose FULL the Apple TV will recognize all sound sources as available? I’ll give it a try when I get home thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
If you go to the diva EDID tab you can pick custom and tick FULL
Shouldn't that be...
If you go to the diva EDID tab you can pick Automix and tick FULL

Reactions: aj_kote
2381 - 2400 of 2415 Posts