AVS Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2555 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased my hdfury diva looking forward to it arriving soon my current set up is a optoma uhd65 projector an emotiva xmc2 processor my amps are a sherbourn 5210a osd a5500 and a outlaw 7000 speakers are emotiva t2 towers c2 center b1 side surrounds e2 rear surrounds and 4 rsl c34e ceiling speakers my sources are a nvidia shield pro Panasonic ub820 and a ps5 how will I hook up the diva do I run it to my processor and then hook up the the rest of my hdmi cords to the diva and also is the Dolby vision upgrade very noticeable some people say it’s amazing so people say they barley notice a difference what are the other upgrades I will be getting with the diva I’m a novice but I’m learning everyday about this hobby I will greatly appreciate anyone’s help

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
I just purchased my hdfury diva looking forward to it arriving soon my current set up is a optoma uhd65 projector an emotiva xmc2 processor my amps are a sherbourn 5210a osd a5500 and a outlaw 7000 speakers are emotiva t2 towers c2 center b1 side surrounds e2 rear surrounds and 4 rsl c34e ceiling speakers my sources are a nvidia shield pro Panasonic ub820 and a ps5 how will I hook up the diva do I run it to my processor and then hook up the the rest of my hdmi cords to the diva and also is the Dolby vision upgrade very noticeable some people say it’s amazing so people say they barley notice a difference what are the other upgrades I will be getting with the diva I’m a novice but I’m learning everyday about this hobby I will greatly appreciate anyone’s help
My attempt to add punctuation in order to understand your question:

I just purchased my Hdfury Diva. Looking forward to it arriving soon. My current set up is an optoma uhd65 projector and an emotiva xmc2 processor. My amps are a sherbourn 5210a osd a5500 and an outlaw 7000. Speakers are emotiva t2 towers, c2 center, b1 side surrounds, e2 rear surrounds, and 4 rsl c34e ceiling speakers.

My sources are an nvidia shield pro, Panasonic ub820, and a ps5. How will I hook up the diva? Do I run it to my processor and then hook up the the rest of my hdmi cords to the diva?

I believe both your Emotiva and your Optima models support full 18Gbps video. The Emotiva supports Dolby Vision pass through so you can place your Diva either before or after the Emotiva, according to your preference.

Players -> Emotiva -> Diva -> Optima
Players -> Diva -> Emotiva -> Optima

I would place the Diva between the Emotiva and Optima. It allows you to continue to use the Emotiva as the input player switch as you do today.

On the Diva EDID page, select the CUSTOM radio button. From the INPUT 0 drop down list, select:
10 - Custom Default [SONY A1 LLDV BT2020]

EDID 10 will inform your Dolby Vision capable players that Dolby Vision is supported and the format should be LLDV. It also tells the players that the LLDV should be encoded to BT2020 color; the same color profile that is used for HDR10 content.

On the Diva HDR/AVI page, enable the check box labeled:
Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV

Because your Optima doesn't understand what LLDV is, we have the Diva add a custom HDR10 layer on top of the LLDV. This will trigger the Optima to switch to its default HDR10 picture mode when it is fed LLDV. HDR10 displays can use their HDR picture mode because the LLDV gamma curve closely follows the PQ curve that is used by HDR10.

Also, is the Dolby vision upgrade very noticeable? Some people say it’s amazing. Some people say they barley notice a difference. What are the other upgrades I will be getting with the diva? I’m a novice, but I’m learning everyday about this hobby. I will greatly appreciate anyone’s help.

Expectations differ. If you are looking for a jump in brightness, you will likely be disappointed. When Dolby Vision content is tone mapped to LLDV, the Dolby Vision scene by scene metadata is used. This is the major difference from HDR10 processing where the metadata is static and applies to the entire movie instead of scene by scene.

Note that your players; Shield, UB820, and PS5, can send LLDV for Dolby Vision content. They cannot convert SDR and HDR10 content to Dolby Vision and output as LLDV. At least I don't believe the PS5 can. Other players like the Oppo 203/205, Apple TV 4K, and a few Sony UHD disc players can convert content to Dolby Vision.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can send you firmware to try. Check your pm
i’ve tried the FW but I still get the same annoying bug. Everytime I open Netflix and play any media, for the first 2-4 seconds were the Netflix Logo appears, I hear like sound freezes, kind of like if the DIVA was detecting the audio source… here are my settings maybe it’s just something I have to change. Can someone please help me out?

thanks in advance!

8EA0696D-6093-4C7D-880B-20BC426FBA3A.jpeg

·
Registered
668 Posts
i’ve tried the FW but I still get the same annoying bug. Everytime I open Netflix and play any media, for the first 2-4 seconds were the Netflix Logo appears, I hear like sound freezes, kind of like if the DIVA was detecting the audio source… here are my settings maybe it’s just something I have to change. Can someone please help me out?

thanks in advance!

View attachment 3139981

View attachment 3139982
Does the sound recover. As it is possible what you are experiencing is totally normal.
Usually if you start a show/movie etc the frame rate or resolution changes and causes a hdmi resync. Then the diva will start sending the audio and again it takes a bit sometimes for the AVR ( decoding device) to understand what is being sent and lock onto the signal for processing.
We really need the config file when you have issues to help. This is found in the config tab of the webgui.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does the sound recover. As it is possible what you are experiencing is totally normal.
Usually if you start a show/movie etc the frame rate or resolution changes and causes a hdmi resync. Then the diva will start sending the audio and again it takes a bit sometimes for the AVR ( decoding device) to understand what is being sent and lock onto the signal for processing.
We really need the config file when you have issues to help. This is found in the config tab of the webgui.

here you have it, is everything ok? Yes I get it that the hdmi does the resync but can I force it to stay manually in for example 5.1 channel? I never use stereo or mono… it doesn’t make sense that always has ro resync even if you continue watching the same tv show in netflix every day. Bit if it’s normal and happens to everyone please let me know.

thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
View attachment 3140084
here you have it, is everything ok? Yes I get it that the hdmi does the resync but can I force it to stay manually in for example 5.1 channel? I never use stereo or mono… it doesn’t make sense that always has ro resync even if you continue watching the same tv show in netflix every day. Bit if it’s normal and happens to everyone please let me know.

thanks!
The gui and all menus are not 5.1 so it is normal in my opinion for the resyncs to happen when you watch a 5.1 show.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts

thanks!
Screenshots are useless here, first of all, confirm the setup by describing how everything is connected and brand/model of all equipment.
Then regarding your issue, just EXPORT CONFIG from Diva Webserver > CONFIG PAGE, BEFORE you launch Netflix and then EXPORT ITAGAIN after you had the resync and add both config export as attachment to your reply.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So I have the Sony M2 and Roku Ultra plugged into the AVR 6700 and Diva out to epson.
Seems there are bugs with the Roku and the Diva.
In the middle of streaming Disney+ last night, the HDMI just dropped in the middle of the movie.
I rebooted everything, but the only way to get signal back was to bypass the Diva.

Sony player seems pretty stable with the Diva. The streaming device seems to have some conflicts (randomly)...

·
Registered
668 Posts
So I have the Sony M2 and Roku Ultra plugged into the AVR 6700 and Diva out to epson.
Seems there are bugs with the Roku and the Diva.
In the middle of streaming Disney+ last night, the HDMI just dropped in the middle of the movie.
I rebooted everything, but the only way to get signal back was to bypass the Diva.

Sony player seems pretty stable with the Diva. The streaming device seems to have some conflicts (randomly)...
Please post the config file and post another config file when you have an issue.
As this sounds hdmi cable related or settings related on the diva. We need more info to try and help.
Please make a full system report or come to our live help for more assistance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Please post the config file and post another config file when you have an issue.
As this sounds hdmi cable related or settings related on the diva. We need more info to try and help.
Please make a full system report or come to our live help for more assistance.
The drop occurs right after turning on the system today. HDMI cable is less than 2 wks old.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Recently bought an HDfury Diva, using it with a LG HU810P projector. Sources are Nvidia Shield and Panasonic UB820.

What configuration works best?

1. Custom EDID set to 10 with HDR for LDDV checked in HDR tab
2. Automix EDID with Custom DV string checked

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Recently bought an HDfury Diva, using it with a LG HU810P projector. Sources are Nvidia Shield and Panasonic UB820.

What configuration works best?

Assuming your projector is capable of 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit BT2020, then...

- This will inform the player to send BT2020 primaries.

• If you make no changes to the default values, this will inform the player to send DCI-P3 primaries. And could result in an overly saturated picture if your projector does not have a built-in DCI-P3 color profile. The default values are the same as if you used custom EDID 5.
  • If you change the Primaries drop-down in the DV tab to the BT2020 option and make no other changes the result should be the same as using EDID 10.

In both cases you should turn on Use custom HDR when input is LLDV.

Reactions: diablo900t

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do my settings look correct above?

Last night the player froze up while playing a brand new disc.
Thinking the Diva is crapping out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Assuming your projector is capable of 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit BT2020, then...

- This will inform the player to send BT2020 primaries.

• If you make no changes to the default values, this will inform the player to send DCI-P3 primaries. And could result in an overly saturated picture if your projector does not have a built-in DCI-P3 color profile. The default values are the same as if you used custom EDID 5.
  • If you change the Primaries drop-down in the DV tab to the BT2020 option and make no other changes the result should be the same as using EDID 10.

In both cases you should turn on Use custom HDR when input is LLDV.
Thank you! I've gone through and messed with some settings. Not sure I'm seeing more than a minimal difference, if any, and think they could be mitigated further by using the HDR optimizer on the Panasonic. With the Nvidia shield I'm not sure I see any improvement with DV content from the Netflix or Disney+ app.

The one thing it did fix was random frame drops in all content, mostly when viewing on the Shield. Not sure that's worth the price of admission.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
The drop occurs right after turning on the system today. HDMI cable is less than 2 wks old.
Broken firmware here, you need to flash Main firmware and FPGA firmware, Diva has 2 firmware, your version should show 0.79.0.14
You can take 0.14 from the website offical package in download section of diva product page on hdfury.com
for 0.79 main fw, use the one i sent you by PM.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i cant seem to get diva to 4k60 on htpc will do 4k60 with appletv but only 4k30 with htpc its not cables. cable from htpc to tv will pass 4k60

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i cant seem to get diva to 4k60 on htpc will do 4k60 with appletv but only 4k30 with htpc its not cables. cable from htpc to tv will pass 4k60
What color format and bit depth are you trying to use? Best you can do is 8-bit RGB/4:4:4 or 12-bit 4:2:2.

2521 - 2540 of 2555 Posts