AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a good document that describe the various EDID fields? I need to manually edit my own.

I am planning to copy the display's EDID and start from there. I need to disable all forms of DTS audio.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Is there a good document that describe the various EDID fields? I need to manually edit my own.

I am planning to copy the display's EDID and start from there. I need to disable all forms of DTS audio.
Looks like eARC needs ;)

If you don't have any experience on this, i suggest using an EDID editor.
If you have experience and the right computing mind, you can buy (or find) documentation that will give you hints on how to edit EDID on your own.

If you need more info, please send email.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The new panasonic TV have DV/HDR10+ combined in new datablock in EDID so more likely your player needs an update for it.
So i think you don't need any device if your player manufacturer is aware of the issue and have the will to push an update for such TV. I suppose there will be an update for it coming anytime soon (or not at all... as it really depends on your source manufacturer to address this new situation...)

Yes Dr.DHMI4K can help for that and force some basic DV edid to your source to activate DV, but be aware that if there is an update for your source for such situation, then Dr.HDMI 4K won't be needed anymore.

Thank you, doctor hdmi4k my license to activate the dolbyvision between my panasonic gz1000 tv and my lg ubk90 player!

I am very happy! Thanks to you!

I'm going to advertise everywhere!

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, this is slightly off topic but this is it:

For today's TVs does it matter if I send the signal as ycbcr or RGB from a PC?
I am not talking about using game mode with all shenanigans switched off for low latency - so just for normal movies and TV set to "movie" , does it matter to the TV, might the internal processing differ as the TV might assume RGB is different content?

I am asking for 2 reasons:
1 - my TV has handshake issues when I use RGB, doesn't matter what high quality and cable lengths I use. It's all fine with ycbcr 422 or 444

2 - On the Kodi forum there is often a discussion about it. Many say RGB full is best and I disagree because movie content is always limited ybcr - so at least RGB limited should be used to avoid video level expansion from 16-235 to 0-255

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
OK, this is slightly off topic but this is it:

For today's TVs does it matter if I send the signal as ycbcr or RGB from a PC?
I am not talking about using game mode with all shenanigans switched off for low latency - so just for normal movies and TV set to "movie" , does it matter to the TV, might the internal processing differ as the TV might assume RGB is different content?

I am asking for 2 reasons:
1 - my TV has handshake issues when I use RGB, doesn't matter what high quality and cable lengths I use. It's all fine with ycbcr 422 or 444

2 - On the Kodi forum there is often a discussion about it. Many say RGB full is best and I disagree because movie content is always limited ybcr - so at least RGB limited should be used to avoid video level expansion from 16-235 to 0-255
No, it does not matter at all, whatever looks better to your eyes.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I'm having issues playing back 25p/50i/50p discs on my Pioneer LX500 and Panasonic UB9000 at their native frame rate, and I suspect it's EDID related.

I can play 25Hz/50Hz content on my Nvidia Shield using the Refresh Rate app to force the correct rate and it plays back smoothly. However, the UB9000 only offers settings of "Auto" and "Off" for 25p/50p playback, and whenever I play a PAL disc, it converts everything to 59.97Hz, so my guess is that my display (Sony A9F OLED) doesn't report PAL compatibility because it's a US model. My LX500 also converts 25/50 content to 59.97Hz, even when set to Source Direct mode.

Will Dr HDMI help me solve this problem?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
K, thx. Ideally it should look the same.
Yes right but that depends on your display, some display will be better processing RGB (like PRO display or PC monitor) some will be better processing YCbCr and some will do well at both.

I'm having issues playing back 25p/50i/50p discs on my Pioneer LX500 and Panasonic UB9000 at their native frame rate, and I suspect it's EDID related.

I can play 25Hz/50Hz content on my Nvidia Shield using the Refresh Rate app to force the correct rate and it plays back smoothly. However, the UB9000 only offers settings of "Auto" and "Off" for 25p/50p playback, and whenever I play a PAL disc, it converts everything to 59.97Hz, so my guess is that my display (Sony A9F OLED) doesn't report PAL compatibility because it's a US model. My LX500 also converts 25/50 content to 59.97Hz, even when set to Source Direct mode.

Will Dr HDMI help me solve this problem?
If it's truly coming from TV lack of 50Hz support in EDID, then yes Dr.HDMI 4K will help, to be sure of that we would need an EDID dump of that TV.
Anyway, from what you described, it surely worth a try, you can always return for refund within 30 days if it does not help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just wanted to check that the Dr HDMI 4K will work to inject HDR so that I can use a laptop with HDMI 1.4 or a RPI as an HDR test pattern generator. Will it use the color patches from one of these sources and have them display correctly in DCI-P3 gamut?

Also what can it do re. LLDV?

I use Lightspace and HCFR as software.

I already have an Integral 2 but prefer to leave it as it is setup on my ATV4k and UB820 so I just want the DR HDMI 4K for use with TPG.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I just wanted to check that the Dr HDMI 4K will work to inject HDR so that I can use a laptop with HDMI 1.4 or a RPI as an HDR test pattern generator. Will it use the color patches from one of these sources and have them display correctly in DCI-P3 gamut?

Also what can it do re. LLDV?

I use Lightspace and HCFR as software.

I already have an Integral 2 but prefer to leave it as it is setup on my ATV4k and UB820 so I just want the DR HDMI 4K for use with TPG.
No, it cannot any HDR injection. Integral2 would do it just fine.

Dr.HDMI 4K is "JUST" an EDID manager.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I have a HDMI downscaler/splitter with SkyQ 4k device as input, splitting output to both 4K HDR TV and 4k Non-HDR Yamaha YSP-2500 Soundbar.

With this setup the video (Non-HDR) and sound is split fine.

However when i watch a HDR/HLG video on Sky Q the HDMI Splitter does not display the HDR version of the video on the TV, only the non-HDR version of the video. When i disconnect the Yamaha Soundbar from the splitter then yes the splitter will display the HDR version of the video, but then I have no sound from the soundbar!

I suspect as the soundbar is not HDR the splitter will not display the HDR video for TV as that is how it is designed (to only feed HDR to both output devices, or none at all if one device is not HDR compliant)

If I obtain the DrHDMI and connect to soundbar HDMI cabling, can this be configured to fool the HDMI splitter into thinking the Soundbar is HDR compliant ? I hope then to have HDR video displayed on the TV, and sound to continue on the Soundbar using the same splitter.

Will I need DrHDMI 4k or is the DrHDMI 1080p version sufficient to hold the HDR EDID information?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Hello

I have a HDMI downscaler/splitter with SkyQ 4k device as input, splitting output to both 4K HDR TV and 4k Non-HDR Yamaha YSP-2500 Soundbar.

With this setup the video (Non-HDR) and sound is split fine.

However when i watch a HDR/HLG video on Sky Q the HDMI Splitter does not display the HDR version of the video on the TV, only the non-HDR version of the video. When i disconnect the Yamaha Soundbar from the splitter then yes the splitter will display the HDR version of the video, but then I have no sound from the soundbar!

I suspect as the soundbar is not HDR the splitter will not display the HDR video for TV as that is how it is designed (to only feed HDR to both output devices, or none at all if one device is not HDR compliant)

If I obtain the DrHDMI and connect to soundbar HDMI cabling, can this be configured to fool the HDMI splitter into thinking the Soundbar is HDR compliant ? I hope then to have HDR video displayed on the TV, and sound to continue on the Soundbar using the same splitter.

Will I need DrHDMI 4k or is the DrHDMI 1080p version sufficient to hold the HDR EDID information?
Yes Dr.HDMI 4K will work for that, or you can change your splitter with Integral2 and it will do everything in one box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes Dr.HDMI 4K will work for that, or you can change your splitter with Integral2 and it will do everything in one box.
Thankyou, I have purchased Dr.HDMI 4k and set to number 8. I can confirm that it has tricked the splitter into thinking the Soundbar is HDR compliant, I now get HDR on my TV and sound through my Soundbar at same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to download the fw and edid utility for the DR HDMI 4k. When I download them on HDFury.com, my windows is reporting a trojan....

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to download the fw and edid utility for the DR HDMI 4k. When I download them on HDFury.com, my windows is reporting a trojan....
Its false positive, just turn off AV during operations and turn back on after, or send the file to them they will confirm and update their detection routines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ciao, ho acquistato Dr HDMI4K per risolvere un problema di Edid tra la mia Playstation 5 e il monitor asus tuf gaming vg27wq.
Devo dire che sono riuscito tramite AW edid a modificare il file Edid prelevato dal monitor portandolo a 1080p 1lcon 120hz.

La play riconosce la frequenza e riesco a giocare a 120hz, il problema sta nell'hdr che non è abilitato, avete qualche consiglio?
Grazie

Hi, I bought Dr HDMI4K to fix an Edid issue between my Playstation 5 and the asus tuf gaming vg27wq monitor.

I must say that through AW edid I managed to modify the Edid file taken from the monitor bringing it to 1080p 1l with 120hz.

The PLAYSTATION 5 recognizes the frequency and I can play at 120hz, the problem is that HDR is not enabled, do you have any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im building a DiY projector with the LS055D1SX05 Monitor AS its Main component.
When i attach the Display and bis Driverboard to a Windows PC the screen ist regonized as display and a picture ist shown.

Its an "2160*3840"*30Hz display
I want to run it with an Xiaomi TV Box.
When i normally attach the Display to the TV Box ist wouldnot Work at all.when i plugin the

When i plugin the drhdmi4k and Switch trough the Modes the Display ist Sometimes regonized (Driverboard Led Gets Green) but it Shows 4 Pictures overlapped and Turned.

When i Dump the Monitor Info on the PC i get this:

So you know how i can get it run on the TV Box ?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ciao, ho acquistato Dr HDMI4K per risolvere un problema di Edid tra la mia Playstation 5 e il monitor asus tuf gaming vg27wq.
Devo dire che sono riuscito tramite AW edid a modificare il file Edid prelevato dal monitor portandolo a 1080p 1lcon 120hz.

La play riconosce la frequenza e riesco a giocare a 120hz, il problema sta nell'hdr che non è abilitato, avete qualche consiglio?
Grazie

Hi, I bought Dr HDMI4K to fix an Edid issue between my Playstation 5 and the asus tuf gaming vg27wq monitor.

I must say that through AW edid I managed to modify the Edid file taken from the monitor bringing it to 1080p 1l with 120hz.

The PLAYSTATION 5 recognizes the frequency and I can play at 120hz, the problem is that HDR is not enabled, do you have any advice?

Thanks
Hi there maybe try an lg oled edid from
in the diva folder.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi there

All the 4k edids that are compatible with 30hz on on the top side.
You need to use 7 or 8 edid on green, yellow or red mode.
Please see
click getting started.

Im building a DiY projector with the LS055D1SX05 Monitor AS its Main component.
When i attach the Display and bis Driverboard to a Windows PC the screen ist regonized as display and a picture ist shown.

Its an "2160*3840"*30Hz display
I want to run it with an Xiaomi TV Box.
When i normally attach the Display to the TV Box ist wouldnot Work at all.when i plugin the

When i plugin the drhdmi4k and Switch trough the Modes the Display ist Sometimes regonized (Driverboard Led Gets Green) but it Shows 4 Pictures overlapped and Turned.

When i Dump the Monitor Info on the PC i get this:

View attachment 3062890

So you know how i can get it run on the TV Box ?

101 - 120 of 158 Posts