AVS Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I'm using this device to get lldv to my projector. I was wondering if it was a good idea to copy the original edid from the projector and change whatever is needed to support lldv and then copy it in the 4kdr. This way I would be using all the specific settings for the projector plus adding lldv support. Does this makes sense? @HDfury would you be able to tell me what is needed to be changed in the edid?

Tia

Enviado desde mi CPH2069 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, I'm using this device to get lldv to my projector. I was wondering if it was a good idea to copy the original edid from the projector and change whatever is needed to support lldv and then copy it in the 4kdr. This way I would be using all the specific settings for the projector plus adding lldv support. Does this makes sense? @HDfury would you be able to tell me what is needed to be changed in the edid?

Tia

Enviado desde mi CPH2069 mediante Tapatalk
No I would not do this. I would just use the EDID you are using.
To make changes to brightness and etc you need the vertex 2 or diva. The dr hdmi 4k cannot do this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,
My set up is an un-raid server running Plex. My client is a Shield Pro 2019. This goes to a Pioneer receiver then out to an Epson 5040ub projector. The issue i have is i don't want my 4K HDR rips to play in HDR to the projector. Although it is capable of playing 24hrtz 4K HDR, the image is way to dark for my tastes. I can switch the projector off from processing the HDR but the colors get washed out. If I drop the quality of the stream on the client from play "original" to 1080p at 20mbps I get a great picture as the Plex server is able to tone map the HDR down to SDR, but forcing this transcode also drops the quality of the audio from dolby Atmos down to DD+. I know the shield is now able to tone map from HDR down to SDR as well but this feature can not be toggled on or off, it only works if the display is not capable of doing HDR. My thought for a solution is to use the HDfury Dr 4K to place between my receiver and projector and set it so the shield won't see the projector as a HDR capable display and perform the HDR to SDR tone mapping. Is there any reason this won't work?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello,
My set up is an un-raid server running Plex. My client is a Shield Pro 2019. This goes to a Pioneer receiver then out to an Epson 5040ub projector. The issue i have is i don't want my 4K HDR rips to play in HDR to the projector. Although it is capable of playing 24hrtz 4K HDR, the image is way to dark for my tastes. I can switch the projector off from processing the HDR but the colors get washed out. If I drop the quality of the stream on the client from play "original" to 1080p at 20mbps I get a great picture as the Plex server is able to tone map the HDR down to SDR, but forcing this transcode also drops the quality of the audio from dolby Atmos down to DD+. I know the shield is now able to tone map from HDR down to SDR as well but this feature can not be toggled on or off, it only works if the display is not capable of doing HDR. My thought for a solution is to use the HDfury Dr 4K to place between my receiver and projector and set it so the shield won't see the projector as a HDR capable display and perform the HDR to SDR tone mapping. Is there any reason this won't work?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If this is indeed how the shield works then yes your thinking will work. You would need to test in your setup to see if in practice it will work.
We offer a 30 day return in case it does not work out for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If this is indeed how the shield works then yes your thinking will work. You would need to test in your setup to see if in practice it will work.
We offer a 30 day return in case it does not work out for you.
I am thinking preset #5 white. Is this correct? Just curious..what does the 450M stand for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will dr hdmi 4k allow me to stop my nvidia shield from seeing my sony a9g as dolby vision capable. I just want everything in hdr10. Can dr hdmi trick shield into thinking that's the only option? If so, what settings need to be activated in dr hdmi?

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Will dr hdmi 4k allow me to stop my nvidia shield from seeing my sony a9g as dolby vision capable. I just want everything in hdr10. Can dr hdmi trick shield into thinking that's the only option? If so, what settings need to be activated in dr hdmi?
Yes that will work just fine, you can select any custom EDID that is not DV but HDR capable
There is several such EDID available on the default EDID list and you can you upload more by taking them from our EDID collection archive from any product > download section.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts