AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@HDfury

Is it true HDFury is working on a HDMI 2.1 to DisplayPort converter? If so, any ETA?

I really hope you guys come out with one for us game console guys gaming on monitors so we can take full advantage of the Xbox Series X.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
@HDfury

Is it true HDFury is working on a HDMI 2.1 to DisplayPort converter? If so, any ETA?

I really hope you guys come out with one for use game console guys gaming on monitors so we can take full advantage of the Xbox Series X.
It is true that HDfury is working on many things atm yes, but it is too early to say anything as some devices won't appear before late in 2021. Keep the faith ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is true that HDfury is working on many things atm yes, but it is too early to say anything as some devices won't appear before late in 2021. Keep the faith ;)
Awesome! From what I was told, HDFury is waiting on 48Gbps chip sets to complete it and they're not looking to be available for at least another year and currently only 40Gbps is available. For the upcoming Xbox Series X to do 4k120 HDR VRR, only 40Gbps is needed. Maybe you could release a converter sooner than later with the 40Gbps chip? Maybe name it "XLink" and promote it for use with the Xbox Series X and a monitor?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Awesome! From what I was told, HDFury is waiting on 48Gbps chip sets to complete it and they're not looking to be available for at least another year and currently only 40Gbps is available. For the upcoming Xbox Series X to do 4k120 HDR VRR, only 40Gbps is needed. Maybe you could release a converter sooner than later with the 40Gbps chip? Maybe name it "XLink" and promote it for use with the Xbox Series X and a monitor?
It's not only that there is no real 48Gbps chipset to build on, it is that available chipset do not seem reliable enough to build anything solid on them but people haven't yet understood the implication, when true 2.1 sources are finally out then they will discover the problems.

Also, please note that there is a possible method to extract full audio from VRR signal as we proved in labs already. Just not enough demand to justify production (or at least, not an identifiable and organized group of person looking for such solution)

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's not only that there is no real 48Gbps chipset to build on, it is that available chipset do not seem reliable enough to build anything solid on them but people haven't yet understood the implication, when true 2.1 sources are finally out then they will discover the problems.

Also, please note that there is a possible method to extract full audio from VRR signal as we proved in labs already. Just not enough demand to justify production (or at least, not an identifiable and organized group of person looking for such solution)
Gamers want that solution. Not being able to have vrr and dolby atmos work with an Xbox one x right really sucks. I would definitely want a solution as you already know. I can beta test your prototype if you want. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Gamers want that solution. Not being able to have vrr and dolby atmos work with an Xbox one x right really sucks. I would definitely want a solution as you already know. I can beta test your prototype if you want. Lol.

Yes so if gamers want that,then gamers should join togehter and express interest for it, just like sonos owners did for arcana.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes so if gamers want that,then gamers should join togehter and express interest for it, just like sonos owners did for arcana.
Right now the Samsung Q90R has no eARC so we have to hook the XBox through the soundbar which means we lose VRR and 4K 120. Are you saying HDFury can build a device to solve this problem by extracting the sound to the soundbar and allowing the 4K HDR VRR signal to come to the TV? If this was the case you would have a massive demand from Q90R owners. Please post in the AVSForum and AVForums Q90R boards to verify.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Right now the Samsung Q90R has no eARC so we have to hook the XBox through the soundbar which means we lose VRR and 4K 120. Are you saying HDFury can build a device to solve this problem by extracting the sound to the soundbar and allowing the 4K HDR VRR signal to come to the TV? If this was the case you would have a massive demand from Q90R owners. Please post in the AVSForum and AVForums Q90R boards to verify.
Yes of course, we already did that in lab.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Please please please make this product. My Samsung Q90R has VRR and ALLM, and even 1440p/120Hz, but no eARC. As a result, I have to plug my console into my TV. Then I use ARC to play sound, but it has like a half second delay added to the audio! Plus I get no Atmos. So I used optical instead to eliminate the audio delay (still no Atmos).

So I bought a Denon AVR-X4700h! Turns out that it wouldn't pass through VRR and ALLM, either. So while I could get Atmos, I couldn't get VRR or ALLM or 1440p/120Hz, anyway. So I returned it!

So I'm stuck with either hearing Atmos sound or getting VRR/ALLM/1440p 120Hz. But never both from my Xbox One X (or soon to be Xbox Series X).

If you made a product to essentially split an HDMI signal into a video stream and an audio stream on two HDMI outputs, that would be all I need. Something similar to what 4k blu-ray players do with a dedicated audio HDMI output.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@HDfury I'd kill for a solution for that. Samsung has been promising a firmware update to include eARC, I no longer trust them. I'm planning to use my PC for 4K 120Hz VRR directly to my Samsung Q900R but at the same time I'll be sending audio signal (Atmos) to my AVR. There are a lot of Q90/Q95T/Q900R owners out there interested in eARC

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd love a HDMI switch that could also extract audio. So basically, 2 x HDMI 2.1 input switching to a single output with a second output for audio. I basically want to run 2 x 4K120 10-bit 420 devices (GTX3080+PS5) into my Q90R and extract the audio (due to lack of eARC)
I'm a similar boat with the Samsung q8fn. Come on hdfury there's a market for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man I made an account just to say how amazing it would be to get a splitter that does this, I think theres a huge market for it, would save me thousands down the road not having to upgrade

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would like to express interest in this device also. Own a q70r, audio Xbox -> HDMI -> TV -> HDMI ARC -> reciever lags terribly. Changing it to PCM solves that, but that’s not really what we want is it? 😉

·
Registered
1 Posts
yo también me he registrado solo para decir que un convertidor de HDMI 2.1 a display Port 1.4 sería la solución perfecta para miles y miles de jugadores, ya que como yo que tengo un monitor de 165hz con HDMI 1.4 la ps5 se queda capada a 60hz , es un monitor relativamente nuevo y estoy pensando de vender mi ps5 ya que no le saco el partido esperado, solo con poder jugar a 1080p a 120hz sería la ostia pero por desgracia si no compro otro monitor o una TV con HDMI 2.1 no le saco los 120hz ....así que esperando ese maravilloso conversor ....si no me desare de la ps5 ...en fin es lo que hay

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This would be the perfect device....
1xHDMI 2.1 input
1xHDMI 2.1 output/full HDMI 2.1 support passthrough
1xHDMI eARC
1xDisplayPort 1.4 (or whatever version is needed for 2k/4k120 HDR FreeSync/VRR)
1xOptical out (for extracting HDMI audio)

Maybe a GUI for scaling options? Not sure what kind of issues there would be if any for the Xbox Series X and 1440p HDR monitors. Since Xbox only handles HDR with 4K. Maybe have a scale option of input being 2160P120 HDR and scaling it to 1440P120 HDR DiplayPort out? Again, not too sure how it would work. My monitor (CHG70) is 1440p 144Hz HDR that will allow a 4k input to pull HDR from, not sure how it works with DisplayPort.

Also, needs to be able to support full FreeSync and FreeSync 2/ultimate passthrough. I know some don't believe in FreeSync and/or VRR but on most monitors, it reduces input lag. I've tried another brands scaler that claimed to support FreeSync but it failed.

Audio extraction is an easy one, since they got rid of the optical port and audio via USB is not the same vs optical when using mixamps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Keep up listing suggestions guys, we are following this thread.
Thank you!

The biggest key features are HDMI 2.1 to DisplayPort with little to no latency and HDMI audio extraction to optical.

An added bonus would be an HDMI 2.1 out as well so we can use the device to extract audio via optical for our mixamps for the ones who do buy an HDMI 2.1 monitor.

Another added bonus would be to add another HDMI 2.1 out for eARC, for those who are using AVR's that are not HDMI 2.1.

Price is also going to be a deciding factor for most and I can't imagine a device with all these I/O's would be priced for the masses. For me personally, if this was released today for $500 I would buy it right now with next day air shipping but I can't speak for everyone, and I would think a more reasonable price would have to be around $200. After all, this would be marketed more towards console gaming.

So, maybe two SKU's would be more ideal? The cheaper SKU would be HDMI 2.1 to DP with audio extraction via optical and another SKU with HDMI 2.1 to DP & HDMI 2.1 passthrough with audio extraction via optical and HDMI eARC.

I would assume some scaling would need to be done to passthrough full HDMI 2.1 support to DisplayPort, so maybe make the GUI user friendly and possibly have presets for both Xbox Series and PS5? Unless they would both be scaled the same then just have a preset for console. Again, I'm not sure how it would work because nothing is currently out there for this problem.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts