AVS Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
The AVR manual link was in my first post, but it doesn't tell you much. It supports 4K60 444 but not HDR (so HDMI 2.0) and no HDCP 2.2, for inputs, outputs and upscaling. It also supports Deep Color and xvColor like the PJ.

I guess it is reporting 1080P60 because this is what the connected PJ supports (manual also linked in first post). Note that if I don't have the PJ connected, it goes from 8b to 12b, but still 1080P60. I guess that this means that it won't report its 4K capability until you plug in a 4K display. This is even more bizarre, because, according to the manual, if you give it a 4K source, it can only provide a 4K output.

The fact that the PJ reports 1080P60 8b seems to be a mistake (by Sony), seeing as it supports Deep Color / xvColor. When I manually scale, setting the bit depth to anything other than 8 makes the picture disappear. Time to give up on this one.

The bigger problem with splitting audio and video (and feeding the PJ directly) is that without a connected display, the AVR won't give any HDMI audio.

So I'm back to square one, using the Integral2 to downscale 4K to 1080P 8b and feed it to the AVR, where I still get DD+. Still no sign of Atmos, even though I see Ultra HD reported as Jack Ryan / Carnival Row play.

@claw Regarding Ultra HD on the Fire Stick 4K, it seems that the Fire Stick fixes its output resolution according to the reported EDID (if left on Max), and when you play content marked UHD (e.g. Jack Ryan, Carnival Row) it dynamically switches between resolutions according to available bandwidth. So watching the same selected item, in the status it could say Ultra HD, then later HD, then later 1080P HD. The output mode doesn't change as this would disruptive causing a display re-sync. Instead it must up-scale to the fixed output resolution.

Thanks for your help.
I do not see why AVR would not decode and play sound if no display attached, makes no sense to me, it should be in passthru mode or something like that or just AVR need a reset, same for the EDID being reported as 1080p, may be wrong input or AVR needs a reset.
I suggest you reset AVR, connect as i recommended with split output and export config if it doesn't work and add it as attachment.

I'll check AVR manual if needed after our config export.
confirm which AVR input you used for the config export you will supply.

Similary if PJ is supposed to support deep color, may be it's only from a particular input or may be there is option to set for each input for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Integral2 is not old but Vertex1/Integral2 do not have enough memory to offer what newest devices offer.
Add your config as attachment if you want me to solve the issue you mention (if it is not cable issue, the type of content is not that much important, apart from LLDV60 or DV60 which we know will be 600MHz/18Gbps,it is the bandwidth in MHz that you should monitor and verify it happens with high bandwidth close 600MHz and/or mid bandwidth close to 300/400MHz, if only high bandwidth, its cable issue for sure, if any bandwidth it is something else and i should be able to help you solve that)

Yes, I wonder what could be the issue. Please find attached the config file attached. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Yes, I wonder what could be the issue. Please find attached the config file attached. Thanks
Try the FW i sent by PM and see if you can reproduce issue.

If you can still reproduce issue, connect as i suggested before (one output to PJ and one output to AVR) and verify still have any issue or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try the FW i sent by PM and see if you can reproduce issue.

If you can still reproduce issue, connect as i suggested before (one output to PJ and one output to AVR) and verify still have any issue or not.

Thank you, I will try it out. Will let you know after I tested it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m interested in the downscaling features of this device and in the manual it indicates that it can downscale 4k to 1080p. Is it able downscale further to 720p or even 480p? Will it downscale to user defined resolutions such as VESA 848x480? What are its limits in that regard?

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I’m interested in the downscaling features of this device and in the manual it indicates that it can downscale 4k to 1080p. Is it able downscale further to 720p or even 480p? Will it downscale to user defined resolutions such as VESA 848x480? What are its limits in that regard?
Only FHD UHD or 1080p 2160p or 2K 4K

If you need further scaling like 1080p > 720p or 1080p > 480p, you need HDfury X4 at the output.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Not only doable but actually made for this !

However, keep in mind that if you play HDR content, the color will be wrong on the 1080p display (if you need both display to show up perfect colors with HDR content, you need HDfury Diva)

YAMAHA at TOP OUTPUT
PJ at BOTTOM OUTPUT
EDID slide on Custom Mid position (or AUTOMIX position)
SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING
HDCP slide does not matter, unit auto correct any wrong setting.

Should work out of the box.
Looking to procure a Hdfury Integral 2 and a Goblue. The plan is to have 1 HDMI output feed a UHD/4K projector (Sony VPL-VW600) with whatever the input is (no processing) and the other HDMI feed a Yamaha AVP with 1080 video and audio, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The Yamaha will feed a 1080p monitor.

Is this doable? If true, what would be the recommended settings?
I purchased the Integral 2 and a Goblue direct from the HDFury site and set switches as suggested and connected as described. Does not work, the only picture I get is from a Oppo UDP-203 and only the home screen, when I play disc the screen goes blank. I get nothing from a Sony UBP-X1000 UHD Blu-ray disc player, a Roku Ultra 2019 or a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. Tried other switch settings with similar results.

On the LG monitor connected to the AVP there is this on the screen:

This content is not compatible with your TV
Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI Input
jack that supports HDCP 2.2 of the TV.​
The monitor is only 1080 so no HDCP 2.2, not sure why the Integral 2 reports this.

So I disconnected the Top HDMI Output (Out 1, 1080) to the Yamaha AVP and still did not work, same results as before.

The Sony VPL-VW600 projector HDMI Input 2 is HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, 8-bit (no HDR) and works fine with my 4 UHD/4K source devices with out the Integral 2.

The main purpose of the Integral 2 was for splitting audio from video for the Roku and Nivida with secondary purpose being able to see all items on my 1080 monitor because I zoom the projector for 2.39:1 content.

Would I be better served with the AVR Key 18Gbps?

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I purchased the Integral 2 and a Goblue direct from the HDFury site and set switches as suggested and connected as described. Does not work, the only picture I get is from a Oppo UDP-203 and only the home screen, when I play disc the screen goes blank. I get nothing from a Sony UBP-X1000 UHD Blu-ray disc player, a Roku Ultra 2019 or a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. Tried other switch settings with similar results.

On the LG monitor connected to the AVP there is this on the screen:

The monitor is only 1080 so no HDCP 2.2, not sure why the Integral 2 reports this.

So I disconnected the Top HDMI Output (Out 1, 1080) to the Yamaha AVP and still did not work, same results as before.

The Sony VPL-VW600 projector HDMI Input 2 is HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, 8-bit (no HDR) and works fine with my 4 UHD/4K source devices with out the Integral 2.

The main purpose of the Integral 2 was for splitting audio from video for the Roku and Nivida with secondary purpose being able to see all items on my 1080 monitor because I zoom the projector for 2.39:1 content.

Would I be better served with the AVR Key 18Gbps?
Please send config export when you are trying (as per usermanual p43) from there i can tell you exactly what to do to get this working.
Also confirm each cable brand and length between each device in the chain and confirm unit is powered by wall plug adapter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if i want to load a test pattern generator in different modes using integral 2 would this be possible? i heard somewhere that it works on integral but not integral 2? essentially i want to be able to throw up any mode, hdr,sdr, 422/444 8/10bit when testing patterns. would the integral 2 do the job? or the diva? or do i need the original integral 444 600mhz?

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
if i want to load a test pattern generator in different modes using integral 2 would this be possible? i heard somewhere that it works on integral but not integral 2? essentially i want to be able to throw up any mode, hdr,sdr, 422/444 8/10bit when testing patterns. would the integral 2 do the job? or the diva? or do i need the original integral 444 600mhz?
Sorry but i don't think there is anything Integral1 can do that Integral2 cannot, except replacing HDMI audio by external analog audio input.
Apart from that, it's Integral2 that can do a ton of things that Integral1 cannot do.

Now about your question, you need to elaborate and be more accurate because i'm not sure what you mean exactly, if you mean scaling/chroma/colordepth/color space modification, then all that is possible on Integral2 and IMPOSSIBLE on Integral1.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry but i don't think there is anything Integral1 can do that Integral2 cannot, except replacing HDMI audio by external analog audio input.
Apart from that, it's Integral2 that can do a ton of things that Integral1 cannot do.

Now about your question, you need to elaborate and be more accurate because i'm not sure what you mean exactly, if you mean scaling/chroma/colordepth/color space modification, then all that is possible on Integral2 and IMPOSSIBLE on Integral1.
i want to be able to load a test pattern generator for both sdr and hdr mode in 8 bit, 10bit, 12 bit mode and 4:2:2, 4:4:4 switching for the purpose of calibration.

i also want to be able to force HDR mode on SDR content. from my understanding that is possible as well?

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
i want to be able to load a test pattern generator for both sdr and hdr mode in 8 bit, 10bit, 12 bit mode and 4:2:2, 4:4:4 switching for the purpose of calibration.

i also want to be able to force HDR mode on SDR content. from my understanding that is possible as well?
Yes, no problem for that.

Reactions: aohus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick question about this. Does it support 120Hz signals and G-Sync? I'd like to do 1440P 120Hz HDR G-Sync to my TV and audio to my AVR.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Quick question about this. Does it support 120Hz signals and G-Sync? I'd like to do 1440P 120Hz HDR G-Sync to my TV and audio to my AVR.
No you need eARC TV for that and retrieve full audio via eARC.

You should use 1440p120 without Gsync and then it would work, why do you want variable frame rate when you can have fixed frame rate ?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Please send config export when you are trying (as per usermanual p43) from there i can tell you exactly what to do to get this working.
Also confirm each cable brand and length between each device in the chain and confirm unit is powered by wall plug adapter.
Text file attached.

All HDMI cables are Monoprice Select Series High Speed HDMI Cable - [email protected] HDR 18Gbps. Power supply was supplied with the Integral2 which was ordered direct from HDFury.

A side note, IMHO HDFury should supply two USB cables with the unit, one with the power (Red wire) connected to the USB (Pin 1) connector labeled PC and another where the power wire is not connected to Pin 1. My PC would not sleep or shut down with the USB connected to the PC and the USB Power connector connected to the power supply. I installed a switch on the PC bracket with the USB connector so I could switch off the PC supplied power to the USB connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Text file attached.

All HDMI cables are Monoprice Select Series High Speed HDMI Cable - [email protected] HDR 18Gbps. Power supply was supplied with the Integral2 which was ordered direct from HDFury.

A side note, IMHO HDFury should supply two USB cables with the unit, one with the power (Red wire) connected to the USB (Pin 1) connector labeled PC and another where the power wire is not connected to Pin 1. My PC would not sleep or shut down with the USB connected to the PC and the USB Power connector connected to the power supply. I installed a switch on the PC bracket with the USB connector so I could switch off the PC supplied power to the USB connector.
HDMI cables brand AND LENGHT please

You do not have SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING. so TX1 cannot work in this condition, so move scale slide to autoscaling.

Second, you have locked the unit, since 2.40.2.45 have no lock anymore, this can only happen if manually done.
Insert, just flash the firmware i sent you via PM.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
HDMI cables brand AND LENGHT please

You do not have SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING. so TX1 cannot work in this condition, so move scale slide to autoscaling.

Second, you have locked the unit, since 2.40.2.45 have no lock anymore, this can only happen if manually done.
Insert, just flash the firmware i sent you via PM.
The firmware update almost got me there. Now my UHD/4K sources are outputting HDR, 3840x2160, BT2020, YCbCr 4:4:4, 12 bit and the picture is not correct. My projector is 4096x2160 (3840x2160), 8 bit, BT709 with no HDR. With the Integral2 out of the chain then my UHD/4K sources act normal as in 3840x2160, HDR>SDR and BT709.

Attached: Config file and PDF of my connections and cable details.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
The firmware update almost got me there. Now my UHD/4K sources are outputting HDR, 3840x2160, BT2020, YCbCr 4:4:4, 12 bit and the picture is not correct. My projector is 4096x2160 (3840x2160), 8 bit, BT709 with no HDR. With the Integral2 out of the chain then my UHD/4K sources act normal as in 3840x2160, HDR>SDR and BT709.

Attached: Config file and PDF of my connections and cable details.

If PJ does not support HDR, then you just use a custom EDID without HDR or just use automix and problem solved.

And when you write something, please make sure you understand what you wrote, INCOMING and OUTGOING signal are not the same thing, so reporting 444 12b as a signal going to your PJ is NOT TRUE, the signal going to your PJ was 4K24 422 12b which is the best quality signal for a 10.2Gbps PJ as you have, the only problem is that you are forcing HDR from your source while nothing support HDR in your chain.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
if i buy this product, do i still need Madvr for it or not?
Please elaborate, i'm not sure how MadVR or Integral2 relate to each other... totally different purpose imho ;)

1041 - 1060 of 1110 Posts