AVS Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1314 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Unfortunately. it looks like this new firmware does not change the situation in the Integral 2.
No DV yet.
Let me know if have other ideas to decode LLDV with the Integral 2.

The good new news, is my JVC x790R picture is getting better with the custom gamma curve.

Should i considere going putting this integral2 in the garbage and go for Vertex 2?
Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pic

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Unfortunately. it looks like this new firmware does not change the situation in the Integral 2.
No DV yet.
Let me know if have other ideas to decode LLDV with the Integral 2.

The good new news, is my JVC x790R picture is getting better with the custom gamma curve.

Should i considere going putting this integral2 in the garbage and go for Vertex 2?
Daniel
Did you ever try my suggestion to see if you could force Dolby Vision LLDV from the ATV4K?

Select video format as 4K60 Dolby Vision
Set Match Dynamic Range OFF

And then check if the Integral receives LLDV.

Another test would be to connect the ATV4K directly to the Integral and connect the integral to the AVR.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes I Set Match Dynamic Range OFF and On with the result.
I am gonna try to plug Aprv in the integral and come back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Same result...

·
Registered
208 Posts
You are the man Claw!
As soon as I pluged the aptv in the integral port 0, it asked me to test Dolby Vision! Now I get DV in the projector

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Now, I have to figure out how bring back the sound in my AVR Rx A 3050....

·
Registered
208 Posts
My AVR is set to pass through 4K signal, 4,2,2 (parametet Mode 1 in the AVR) and no video processing by the AVR

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
You are the man Claw!
As soon as I pluged the aptv in the integral port 0, it asked me to test Dolby Vision! Now I get DV in the projector
If ATV > INTEGRAL2 gives you LLDV and ATV > AVR > INTEGRAL2 won't give you LLDV then it means that AVR is removing capabilities from EDID to insert its own audio capabilities on top of it.

So in this case, the possible solutions are:
1) use ATV4K > INTEGRAL2 > AVR > PJ (+ eventually another source at input, so you can handle 2 sources for LLDV)
2) use up to 2 sources > INTEGRAL2 > one output to PJ for video, one output to AVR for audio.
3) May be AVR have option usually called "monitor info" or "mon info" that allow to copy output device EDID to input.
4) Eventually update to Vertex2 to have 4 sources > Vertex2 > one output to PJ / other to AVR or 4 sources > VERTEX2 > AVR > PJ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if there is a specific action to perform to connect the integral2 to the android app ?
The app tells me no device is found.

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Humm,, in my set up, i have two sources with DV capability and the PJ has two differente inputs so, i am going to try option 2.

Source 1 : APTV,
Source 2 : Panasonic 4K UHD player
Source 3 (not DV); AVR output for PS4, cable, chromecast etc...

In that case, i must use the integral 2 in splitter mode.
APTV in0--INT2, out 0--PJ input A
INT2, out 1 --AVR for audio
Pana in1--INT2, out0 --PJ input A
INT2 out 1--AVR for audio

The AVR output video will connected with my second cable on PJ input B.

Fell free to suggest settings for audio in port 1, no video needed. If it works, this small device will impress me!!
Daniel

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Humm,, in my set up, i have two sources with DV capability and the PJ has two differente inputs so, i am going to try option 2.

Source 1 : APTV,
Source 2 : Panasonic 4K UHD player
Source 3 (not DV); AVR output for PS4, cable, chromecast etc...

In that case, i must use the integral 2 in splitter mode.
APTV in0--INT2, out 0--PJ input A
INT2, out 1 --AVR for audio
Pana in1--INT2, out0 --PJ input A
INT2 out 1--AVR for audio

The AVR output video will connected with my second cable on PJ input B.

Fell free to suggest settings for audio in port 1, no video needed. If it works, this small device will impress me!!
Daniel
Hi Daniel

That will work just fine, connect as you wrote it and if any issue, export config when you any issue as per usermanual p43 and add it as attachment in your reply.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good news this morning. The final issue was easy to fix by installing the integral before the AVR. I discovered my AVR and ultra HD player UB-420 are not compatible with DV but the integral 2 solved it.
Here the working set for DV
Aptv--int2---avr---pj
All others videos sources are connected in the AVR HDMI inputs. Only one ruipro fiber optic cable is connected on projector.

This integral saved me a lot of money to replace my flagship AVR.
Thanks to verify and Claw in this forum for your great help.

Daniel

·
Registered
208 Posts
I meant thanks to HDfury team and Claw....

Reactions: claw
1261 - 1280 of 1314 Posts