AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi! Just got my Integral 2 delivery today and was keen to do a DV trick with ATV4k and Epson 5040 (which is 10.2 Gb projector, while being connected to old Onkyo 3010 AVR for sound. I updated Integral firmware and then downloaded Mark Bt2020 Edid as described on HDFury site and uploaded it to Custom Edid 10. Automix works fine, but every time I switch to custom Edid picture and sound dissappear. Is there any kind of instruction, how to do DV trick with Integral 2 and Epson 5040 under most current Integral 2 firmware?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Hi! Just got my Integral 2 delivery today and was keen to do a DV trick with ATV4k and Epson 5040 (which is 10.2 Gb projector, while being connected to old Onkyo 3010 AVR for sound. I updated Integral firmware and then downloaded Mark Bt2020 Edid as described on HDFury site and uploaded it to Custom Edid 10. Automix works fine, but every time I switch to custom Edid picture and sound dissappear. Is there any kind of instruction, how to do DV trick with Integral 2 and Epson 5040 under most current Integral 2 firmware?
EDID 10 reports support for 4K60 18Gbps which your Epson doesn't support. To use it you would have to enable down scaling of the input signal so any 4K60 input is down scaled to 4:2:0 8-bit. You would also need 18Gbps HDMI cables in front of the Integral 2.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That’s why I downloaded Mark’s Edid ( as instructed on HDFury site and uploaded it to Custom Edid 10 to override what was initially set there

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
That’s why I downloaded Mark’s Edid ( as instructed on HDFury site and uploaded it to Custom Edid 10 to override what was initially set there
Mark's EDID reports support for 18Gbps signals.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not yet on webserver, you can do it with Android/iOS APP but only for the Android/iOS APP it won't change it on the webserver.
It might become an available option in future update thus.
Noted with thanks 🙏🏻

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Ок. Do you have an instruction on what is necessary to do in my case?

Also, Scaling section in Integral GUI is greyed out for some reason, so I can not change anything there
GUI is greyed out as long as corresponding slide switch is not set to middle position.
Anyway, in your case, just set scaling switch to autoscaling.

If any issue, export config as per usermanual p43 and add it as attachment in your reply.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you. With the help of HDFury tech support I managed it to work and quite happy with result.
trick was to upload Mark’s BT2020 Edid (as per HDFury site article) to Custom Edid and then let Integral 2 to autoscale LLDV signal from ATV4K to Epson 5040. My problem was, that I had to physically put scale switch to Autoscale position as it’s middle position (GUI) did not allow me to choose Autoscale in scaling GUI tab. So once I put the switch in autoscale position I got picture on screen and ATV4K switched to 4K DV 60. Then I had to manually choose HDR Mode 1 in signal section of projector menu to map the colors and gamma correctly, since projector thinks LLDV is SDR signal. Then put Projector’s Bright cinema mode to default settings (I do not remember where, but I definitely read Epson recommended to use Bright cinema for BT2020 HDR - and this is definitely the case, when you change through the picture modes). Then I did simple calibration using some HDR patterns, making brightness to as low as 23 and Contrast to 75 - very impressive dynamic range. Set gamma 2 due to a lot of details in shadows where missed with gamma 0, and slightly lowered color saturation (to 45) as skin colors look over saturated to me.
result - amazing picture both for HDR and SDR content. It looks like completely new projector and definitely best investment of $250 :) keeping in mind Integral 2 also feeds my old, but perfect Onkyo 3010 with sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1080P projector and a 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos system. I am trying to get full Dolby Atmos sound while maintaining a 1080P picture. As you know, most Dolby Atmos is streamed with a 4K video signal. I was under the impression that I could use the HDFury Linker to achieve this, but your website is stating that the Linker does not support Atmos. Will the Integral device downscale a 4K video signal to 1080P and allow me to get full Dolby Atmos sound from my system by splitting the audio directly into my AVR, and the video into my projector? What is the proper hookup is it:
Source>Integral>AVR~Projector

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I have a 1080P projector and a 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos system. I am trying to get full Dolby Atmos sound while maintaining a 1080P picture. As you know, most Dolby Atmos is streamed with a 4K video signal. I was under the impression that I could use the HDFury Linker to achieve this, but your website is stating that the Linker does not support Atmos. Will the Integral device downscale a 4K video signal to 1080P and allow me to get full Dolby Atmos sound from my system by splitting the audio directly into my AVR, and the video into my projector? What is the proper hookup is it:
Source>Integral>AVR~Projector
If the video is HDR, the resultant 1080P will still be HDR. Unless your 1080P projector supports HDR the colors will not be correct.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Reactions: Chuk_I_Gek

·
Registered
13 Posts
Issues with 2.34 GUI to work integral 2 FW 2.38.2.45 and reddish image when EDID switch set to something other than Custom [GUI]
-My setup: Panasonic DP-UB9000 > 3ft copper > Integral 2 > 3ft copper > Anthem MRX-720 > 3ft copper > 30ft copper > 3ft copper > JVC RS-4910U
-Current installed FW: 2.38.2.45. The installed Integral 2 FW when I opened the package and unlocked the Integral 2 was 2.40.2.45. I installed FW 2.38.2.45 because I couldn't get the 2.34 GUI from the FW 2.38.2.45 zip file to work with the Integral 2; thought maybe the GUI communication issue could be with the FW version.
-Integral 2 is unlocked
-30ft copper is active HDMI. All HDMI are certified premium HDMI cables, except the 30ft HDMI.
-I have tried putting the Integral 2 between the 30ft active HDMI cable and the projector. The image would flicker and drop in and out. I assume it was an issue active HDMI cable interacting with the integral 2, so I moved the Integral 2 between the Panasonic DP-UB9000 and Anthem MRX-720 and haven't had any issues.

My issues:
1. GUI issue: I'm unable to get the 2.34 GUI to communicate to the Integral 2. I've been able to change the Integral 2 MCU and FPGA to FW 2.38.2.45, so I don't think it is a USB driver issue. I didn't download FW 2.40.2.45 because my antivirus says there is a trojan virus in the zip file. Sorry, I didn't take a screenshot, but this was the file name it detected "Win32/Ymacco.AA32".

2. EDID issue: I haven't tested other 4k HDR/SDR/Dolby Vision movies, but on The Greatest Showman, when I set the EDID switch to automix mode, the image is reddish compared to setting the EDID switch to Custom [GUI]. The image is also reddish when I set the EDID to 4k60 420 8b SDR stereo. Also, when the EDID is set to Custom [GUI], the Panasonic DP-UB9000 is outputting HDR, but with the EDID switch to Automix mode or 4k60 420 8b SDR stereo, the Panasonic DP-UB9000 is outputting SDR. The Panasonic DP-UB9000 HDR/Color Gamut Output is set to output HDR BT.2020 (Auto). Because the image color is best on EDID Custom [GUI], I would like to use the GUI to tweak the Integral 2.

I'd appreciate any help getting the GUI to run and communicate with the Integral 2. Also, would like input on which EDID mode should I put the switch to for 4k HDR, 4k SDR, or Dolby Vision?

Thanks,

Erick

·
Registered
325 Posts
Issues with 2.34 GUI to work integral 2 FW 2.38.2.45 and reddish image when EDID switch set to something other than Custom [GUI]
-My setup: Panasonic DP-UB9000 > 3ft copper > Integral 2 > 3ft copper > Anthem MRX-720 > 3ft copper > 30ft copper > 3ft copper > JVC RS-4910U
-Current installed FW: 2.38.2.45. The installed Integral 2 FW when I opened the package and unlocked the Integral 2 was 2.40.2.45. I installed FW 2.38.2.45 because I couldn't get the 2.34 GUI from the FW 2.38.2.45 zip file to work with the Integral 2; thought maybe the GUI communication issue could be with the FW version.
-Integral 2 is unlocked
-30ft copper is active HDMI. All HDMI are certified premium HDMI cables, except the 30ft HDMI.
-I have tried putting the Integral 2 between the 30ft active HDMI cable and the projector. The image would flicker and drop in and out. I assume it was an issue active HDMI cable interacting with the integral 2, so I moved the Integral 2 between the Panasonic DP-UB9000 and Anthem MRX-720 and haven't had any issues.

My issues:
1. GUI issue: I'm unable to get the 2.34 GUI to communicate to the Integral 2. I've been able to change the Integral 2 MCU and FPGA to FW 2.38.2.45, so I don't think it is a USB driver issue. I didn't download FW 2.40.2.45 because my antivirus says there is a trojan virus in the zip file. Sorry, I didn't take a screenshot, but this was the file name it detected "Win32/Ymacco.AA32".

2. EDID issue: I haven't tested other 4k HDR/SDR/Dolby Vision movies, but on The Greatest Showman, when I set the EDID switch to automix mode, the image is reddish compared to setting the EDID switch to Custom [GUI]. The image is also reddish when I set the EDID to 4k60 420 8b SDR stereo. Also, when the EDID is set to Custom [GUI], the Panasonic DP-UB9000 is outputting HDR, but with the EDID switch to Automix mode or 4k60 420 8b SDR stereo, the Panasonic DP-UB9000 is outputting SDR. The Panasonic DP-UB9000 HDR/Color Gamut Output is set to output HDR BT.2020 (Auto). Because the image color is best on EDID Custom [GUI], I would like to use the GUI to tweak the Integral 2.

I'd appreciate any help getting the GUI to run and communicate with the Integral 2. Also, would like input on which EDID mode should I put the switch to for 4k HDR, 4k SDR, or Dolby Vision?

Thanks,

Erick
We can solve your issue quicker if you come to our live help here.

It is a lot easier and quicker to do this in realtime. Please stop by.

1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts