AVS Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1370 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Would the Arcana also work with my set up? Or is that more for eARC issues?
Yes the arcana would also work however it does not offer customization. So if you want more options you need the vertex 2 or diva. But for most people the arcana should suffice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes the arcana would also work however it does not offer customization. So if you want more options you need the vertex 2 or diva. But for most people the arcana should suffice.
Thank you, I'm actually red/green colourblind so I think trying to adjust RGB settings is probably not going to be very useful in my case haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
if I want to convert HDR signals down to SDR for my projector, what settings would I need to change? My signal chain is:

AppleTV/Shield Pro/PS5 -> Denon X2400H -> Integra2 -> Epson Pro Cinema 4040

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
if I want to convert HDR signals down to SDR for my projector, what settings would I need to change? My signal chain is:

AppleTV/Shield Pro/PS5 -> Denon X2400H -> Integra2 -> Epson Pro Cinema 4040

Thanks,
The Integral 2 cannot convert HDR to SDR.

You might try LLDV by selecting an LLDV custom EDID in the Integral.

Your projector can't support 4K60 422 12-bit signals such as LLDV, so I would set the ATV4K format to 4K24 Dolby Vision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Integral 2 cannot convert HDR to SDR.

You might try LLDV by selecting an LLDV custom EDID in the Integral.

Your projector can't support 4K60 422 12-bit signals such as LLDV, so I would set the ATV4K format to 4K24 Dolby Vision.
In the HDR IF settings, if I enable Custom HDR and change the EOTF to SSDR Luminance Range, CreateIF and then Send HDR, won't this effectively give me an SDR-like picture when I have an HDR signal?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
In the HDR IF settings, if I enable Custom HDR and change the EOTF to SSDR Luminance Range, CreateIF and then Send HDR, won't this effectively give me an SDR-like picture when I have an HDR signal?
No it won't. The Integral 2 does not touch the actual content, only metadata. If anything, changing the EOTF of HDR input to SDR on output could make your display device enable its SDR picture mode instead of HDR picture mode. The result would be a dark overly saturated picture.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys. I ordered the Integral 2 recently as I had a AVR Key that stopped working and on their website they recommended the Vertex or Integra2. Since just receiving it, I notice there is no HDMI Audio out, like the AVR Key had. How do you get the Integral2 to output audio for Atmos??? I'm going from ATV and/or UB900 player to Integral to 77A9G to Yamaha 5600 soundbar. Ideally, I'd like to have both ATV and UB900 connected to a unit that can split the video and audio for Atmos. Have I bought the wrong tool for the job??? Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
upgraded my PJ, JVC RS20->RS620
have Anthem D2v & FireTV 4K Stick plugged into HDMI port
been happy with 1080p, but now i can can do 4K
is the Integra 2 the best device for my FireTV?

i.e
D2v will feed PJ HDMI1 as usual
FireTV -> Integra 2 -> PJ HDMI 2
Integra 2 audio -> D2v HDMI

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
upgraded my PJ, JVC RS20->RS620
have Anthem D2v & FireTV 4K Stick plugged into HDMI port
been happy with 1080p, but now i can can do 4K
is the Integra 2 the best device for my FireTV?

i.e
D2v will feed PJ HDMI1 as usual
FireTV -> Integra 2 -> PJ HDMI 2
Integra 2 audio -> D2v HDMI
The Integral 2 does not have a dedicated HDMI audio output. The Vertex 2 does.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a "problem" with my current setup, so I'm hoping that a HDFury could fix it.

Here is my actual system:

Source:
AppleTV 4k streaming movies from my NAS in full quality. That means up to 4k, including high-res audio formats given out as 7.1 LPCM.

TV:
Panasonic 58EXW784 4k TV

AVR:
Harman AVR 7550HD (HDMI 1.4)

My first idea was to simply split with the Integral 2 the untouched HDMI signal to the TV, and a second HDMI out with reduced picture quality, like 1080p and full sound to the AVR.

But my problem now:
My TV has a problem with handling some high-res movie sounds. At some movies with high energy action scenes there is some frizz in the sound. When I downscale the audio quality output on the ATV to for example DD 5.1 instead of full quality, then the problem is gone.

So the question if this will work:
HDMI-Out1: Full video quality, sound "downgraded" from 7.1 LPCM to DD 5.1, Stereo or something like this
HDMI-OUt2: Video out to 1080p, full sound quality output

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
I have a "problem" with my current setup, so I'm hoping that a HDFury could fix it.

Here is my actual system:

Source:
AppleTV 4k streaming movies from my NAS in full quality. That means up to 4k, including high-res audio formats given out as 7.1 LPCM.

TV:
Panasonic 58EXW784 4k TV

AVR:
Harman AVR 7550HD (HDMI 1.4)

My first idea was to simply split with the Integral 2 the untouched HDMI signal to the TV, and a second HDMI out with reduced picture quality, like 1080p and full sound to the AVR.

But my problem now:
My TV has a problem with handling some high-res movie sounds. At some movies with high energy action scenes there is some frizz in the sound. When I downscale the audio quality output on the ATV to for example DD 5.1 instead of full quality, then the problem is gone.

So the question if this will work:
HDMI-Out1: Full video quality, sound "downgraded" from 7.1 LPCM to DD 5.1, Stereo or something like this
HDMI-OUt2: Video out to 1080p, full sound quality output
The Integral 2 cannot modify or scale audio. It will pass through whatever audio format is received from the player. Same for the rest of the HDfury product line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Integral 2 does not have a dedicated HDMI audio output. The Vertex 2 does.
But surely I can pass Audio through 1080p output, can't I? Is there a setting or configuration I can use?

I saw someone mention this on Amazon regarding this getting to work with his Yamaha 5600 Soundbar:

"Configuration was not too difficult but the instructions could be better. Specifically, it would be useful to have example configurations. In my case, I needed to set the EDID to Auto using the physical switch on the device. However this meant no sound coming out of the soundbar. To get sound I needed to connect the device to a PC in order to access the config GUI and adjust the scaler settings to Autosense the soundbar".

This seems to be done by sliding the scaler to Auto Scaling, isn't it? Like the user above, I am getting no sound from the soundbar when connecting HDMI 1080p out of the Intergal2 to the HDMI 4 input on the 5600.

I'm not sure what I need to do to get the audio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK....I have solved the problem by reinstalling the firmware. It was showing as being up to date in the GUI utility, but once I downloaded and updated the Integral 2 FW, connected the ATV to the Integral 2, the 2180 output to the TV and the 1080 output to the HDMI 4 port of the the 5600 soundbar, restarted the ATV, I got sound coming through on HDMI 4 channel on the Soundbar!!! So I would recommend anyone with no sound or any issues where it should be working, but isn't, reload your firmware!! The soundbar confirms Dolby Atmos when running an Atmos show on Netlfix.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What is the quality of the FHD 1080p to UHD 2160p upscaling? Like Shield AI OR simple bilinear/bicubic OR Lanczos3/Spline? What algorithm do you use?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi guys. I ordered the Integral 2 recently as I had a AVR Key that stopped working and on their website they recommended the Vertex or Integra2. Since just receiving it, I notice there is no HDMI Audio out, like the AVR Key had. How do you get the Integral2 to output audio for Atmos??? I'm going from ATV and/or UB900 player to Integral to 77A9G to Yamaha 5600 soundbar. Ideally, I'd like to have both ATV and UB900 connected to a unit that can split the video and audio for Atmos. Have I bought the wrong tool for the job??? Thanks!
Yes you needed the firmware updated. Glad it is now working.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hello dear all,

Please recommend me a HDfury product for my requirement.
I have 4k bluray player, 4k HDR compatible reciever (Yamaha Rx-A3050), but i have an old 1080p epson projector.

i have a lot of 4k HDR content.

I want to watch it on my 1080p projector.

Please suggest me the right HdFury product to use with my setup.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
hello dear all,

Please recommend me a HDfury product for my requirement.
I have 4k bluray player, 4k HDR compatible reciever (Yamaha Rx-A3050), but i have an old 1080p epson projector.

i have a lot of 4k HDR content.

I want to watch it on my 1080p projector.

Please suggest me the right HdFury product to use with my setup.

Thanks
You asked the same question in the Vertex 2 thread.

1341 - 1360 of 1370 Posts