AVS Forum banner

1361 - 1370 of 1370 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'll be honest and admit I have not checked through this whole thread but I am hoping someone can provide a quick answer.

My processor only has HDMI 1.3 inputs. I have 2 UHD sources that I want to use with a 4K projector.

Can the Intergral2 be used to input both my video sources but then, when individually selected, split their signals into separate video and audio output via the Integral2 outputs?

This would allow me to run the video signal to the PJ and the audio signal to the processor and use the Integral2 as a switcher for my video sources?

·
Registered
188 Posts
[...]
Can the Intergral2 be used to input both my video sources but then, when individually selected, split their signals into separate video and audio output via the Integral2 outputs?

This would allow me to run the video signal to the PJ and the audio signal to the processor and use the Integral2 as a switcher for my video sources?
The Integral 2 can do that. It can also automatically switch between the inputs if you turn your sources on and off as needed, although that doesn't work reliably with some devices such as the nvidia Shield that leave their HDMI ports powered even when the device is in standby.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll be honest and admit I have not checked through this whole thread but I am hoping someone can provide a quick answer.

My processor only has HDMI 1.3 inputs. I have 2 UHD sources that I want to use with a 4K projector.

Yes it should work for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I bought an HDfury integral 2 thinking I was going to be able to disable/strip dolby vision but it doesn't. i'm on latest firmware.
I've tried to use the downscale feature from 4k DV to 1080p which i was sure would at least remove it but i still get pink images.

my setup is SOURCE:
4k UHD dolby vision signal

TO 2x4 matrix switch:
master port no2 passes through my LG OLED E9 EDID so that screen can enjoy DV.
slave port no 1 passes through the signal towards my 2nd display.(first to HD fury)

HDFURY INTEGRAL 2:
input 0 coming form the matrix switch
output 1 to my non DV capable samsung Q50R.

result: Pink screen just like before when i did not go through the HDfury integral 2.

i've tried all the possible combinations in the GUI. There is a DV/IF tab that kind of looks promissing but have no idea what do input as its all hex adressing.

Was i wrong into thinking that Dolby vision could be removed?

HDR can be removed so just not sure why DV cant too!

Regards.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Hello, I bought an HDfury integral 2 thinking I was going to be able to disable/strip dolby vision but it doesn't. i'm on latest firmware.
I've tried to use the downscale feature from 4k DV to 1080p which i was sure would at least remove it but i still get pink images.

my setup is SOURCE:
4k UHD dolby vision signal

TO 2x4 matrix switch:
master port no2 passes through my LG OLED E9 EDID so that screen can enjoy DV.
slave port no 1 passes through the signal towards my 2nd display.(first to HD fury)

HDFURY INTEGRAL 2:
input 0 coming form the matrix switch
output 1 to my non DV capable samsung Q50R.

result: Pink screen just like before when i did not go through the HDfury integral 2.

i've tried all the possible combinations in the GUI. There is a DV/IF tab that kind of looks promissing but have no idea what do input as its all hex adressing.

Was i wrong into thinking that Dolby vision could be removed?

HDR can be removed so just not sure why DV cant too!

Regards.
None of the HDfury devices remove or disable Dolby Vision. What they can do is present the Dolby Vision player with an EDID that reports that the preferred version of Dolby Vision is Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV).

The player will send LLDV instead of Dolby Vision. Your LG E9 supports both Dolby Vision and LLDV. Your Samsung does not support either Dolby Vision or LLDV. So you configure custom HDR in the Integral 2 so that it adds an HDR10 metadata layer to the LLDV. The Samsung sees the LLDV as HDR10 and switches to its HDR10 picture mode.

We can send LLDV as HDR10 because LLDV closely follows the same PQ curve that HDR10 does.

The Vertex 2 is better able to control when to add custom HDR and when not to. It has an option to only add custom HDR when the input is LLDV. The Integral 2 does not have this option; custom HDR is either ON or OFF. So you need to enable custom HDR when the input is LLDV but disable custom HDR when the input is SDR, HDR10, HDR10+, or HLG. Adding custom HDR to SDR input will result in an overly dark red tinted picture on HDR10 TVs. This makes the Vertex 2 a much better option as it is set and forget.

By the way, the HDfury devices do not remove HDR10. They can disable it so the TV does not think it is HDR but the content itself is still HDR and the TV must switch into its HDR10 picture mode to process it. Which it won't do if you have the Integral disable HDR. This option was introduced specifically for JVC projector owners to keep the projector from disabling certain functions when it sees HDR10 input. The option is not relevant to owners of other TVs and projectors.

To enable LLDV, select Custom Mode and either custom EDID 5 or custom EDID 10 on the EDID page of the Integral 2 GUI. EDID 5 tells the players that DCI-P3 color is preferred. EDID 10 tells the player that BT2020 color is preferred. I am not certain that the EDID 10 slot is prepopulated with the custom LLDV EDID as it is a fairly recent development. It can be uploaded to the Integral 2. Both EDIDs tell the player to send LLDV instead of Dolby Vision. Then enable Custom HDR on the HDR tab of the Integral 2 GUI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
None of the HDfury devices remove or disable Dolby Vision. What they can do is present the Dolby Vision player with an EDID that reports that the preferred version of Dolby Vision is Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV).

The player will send LLDV instead of Dolby Vision. Your LG E9 supports both Dolby Vision and LLDV. Your Samsung does not support either Dolby Vision or LLDV. So you configure custom HDR in the Integral 2 so that it adds an HDR10 metadata layer to the LLDV. The Samsung sees the LLDV as HDR10 and switches to its HDR10 picture mode.

We can send LLDV as HDR10 because LLDV closely follows the same PQ curve that HDR10 does.

The Vertex 2 is better able to control when to add custom HDR and when not to. It has an option to only add custom HDR when the input is LLDV. The Integral 2 does not have this option; custom HDR is either ON or OFF. So you need to enable custom HDR when the input is LLDV but disable custom HDR when the input is SDR, HDR10, HDR10+, or HLG. Adding custom HDR to SDR input will result in an overly dark red tinted picture on HDR10 TVs. This makes the Vertex 2 a much better option as it is set and forget.

By the way, the HDfury devices do not remove HDR10. They can disable it so the TV does not think it is HDR but the content itself is still HDR and the TV must switch into its HDR10 picture mode to process it. Which it won't do if you have the Integral disable HDR. This option was introduced specifically for JVC projector owners to keep the projector from disabling certain functions when it sees HDR10 input. The option is not relevant to owners of other TVs and projectors.

To enable LLDV, select Custom Mode and either custom EDID 5 or custom EDID 10 on the EDID page of the Integral 2 GUI. EDID 5 tells the players that DCI-P3 color is preferred. EDID 10 tells the player that BT2020 color is preferred. I am not certain that the EDID 10 slot is prepopulated with the custom LLDV EDID as it is a fairly recent development. It can be uploaded to the Integral 2. Both EDIDs tell the player to send LLDV instead of Dolby Vision. Then enable Custom HDR on the HDR tab of the Integral 2 GUI.
ok thanks for the info. I guess i should have done my homework before doing the purchase.

Since my matrix switch does support custom EDIDs, i can force hdr and that fixes it without the need of the HDfury. I really thought i could "downscale" DV to regular HDR with the integral 2.at this point ill probably return it since it serves me no function at all.

Regards

·
Registered
539 Posts
ok thanks for the info. I guess i should have done my homework before doing the purchase.

Since my matrix switch does support custom EDIDs, i can force hdr and that fixes it without the need of the HDfury. I really thought i could "downscale" DV to regular HDR with the integral 2.at this point ill probably return it since it serves me no function at all.

Regards
Yes when in doubt before making a purchase it is best to send an email so we can verify the product will do what you need before purchase.

1361 - 1370 of 1370 Posts