AVS Forum banner

1541 - 1547 of 1547 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an HDFury Linker directly from the company in Taiwan. Has anyone from the USA purchased one sent from them? If so did you have to pay an import tax or duty? The price is cheaper directly from them vs buying from US dealers but if the tax/duty is high, it might be a wash. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an HDFury Linker directly from the company in Taiwan. Has anyone from the USA purchased one sent from them? If so did you have to pay an import tax or duty? The price is cheaper directly from them vs buying from US dealers but if the tax/duty is high, it might be a wash. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!
As far as i know USA have no import tax for import under 800$ but verify your local state policy to be sure.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,723 Posts
As far as i know USA have no import tax for import under 800$ but verify your local state policy to be sure.
I'm not sure what the formal policy is, but I don't think I've ever been charged any extra taxes or fees for anything I've had shipped from outside the country, including a bunch of products purchased direct from HDFury (Integral, Linker, Integral2, Vertex, Vertex2, and Maestro). So far, the changes the current administration has made in regards to trade (specifically) with China don't seem to have had any effect on this sort of purchase as I have yet to hear of anyone running into any issues.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
@HDfury When I go from my cable box to Linker to Epson 5040UB using preset 3, it works. However, when I go from cable box to Denon AVR-X1600H receiver to Linker to Epson 5040UB, it says "not supported". Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. It seems to only say that when it was on the setup menu.

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
@HDfury When I go from my cable box to Linker to Epson 5040UB using preset 3, it works. However, when I go from cable box to Denon AVR-X1600H receiver to Linker to Epson 5040UB, it says "not supported". Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. It seems to only say that when it was on the setup menu.
Ok looks like you sorted it, you might need FW0.23 if after an AVR. so always try both 0.25 and 0.23 depending of the setup.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
I'm not sure what the formal policy is, but I don't think I've ever been charged any extra taxes or fees for anything I've had shipped from outside the country, including a bunch of products purchased direct from HDFury (Integral, Linker, Integral2, Vertex, Vertex2, and Maestro). So far, the changes the current administration has made in regards to trade (specifically) with China don't seem to have had any effect on this sort of purchase as I have yet to hear of anyone running into any issues.
I too have never been charged customs import duty on any HDfury product shipped from Taiwan.

While the US does not "officially" recognize Taiwan as an independent country, it has a full economic relationship that is not affected by US - mainland China trade disagreements. Sometimes ambiguity can be better than clarity.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I too have never been charged customs import duty on any HDfury product shipped from Taiwan.

While the US does not "officially" recognize Taiwan as an independent country, it has a full economic relationship that is not affected by US - mainland China trade disagreements. Sometimes ambiguity can be better than clarity.
All correct, Taiwan status is very particular, that's why it is not recognized by nato countries and you will never saw Taiwan officials getting invited by those countries respective governments.

1541 - 1547 of 1547 Posts