AVS Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Okay, got it working. I am actually on edid 8.
Ok so if you use EDID 8 it's normal Xbox or PS5 does not want to offer you HDR for games, since it will only offer if seeing 4K60 422 12b support.
So basically all you have to do here is to reflash firmware (to restore default settings, or reset to factory default from GUI config page)
Make sure default custom EDID 1 is selected and make sure you have set quick preset for your PJ: HOLD RST and press INP 3 times. (refer to quick preset page in usermanual if you prefer something else, like if you prefer COLOR and CHROMA over resolution ,then may be HOLD RST and press INP 4 times is better for you)

If problem, try to take GUI screenshot when signal is passing thru.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Ok so if you use EDID 8 it's normal Xbox or PS5 does not want to offer you HDR for games, since it will only offer if seeing 4K60 422 12b support.
So basically all you have to do here is to reflash firmware (to restore default settings, or reset to factory default from GUI config page)
Make sure default custom EDID 1 is selected and make sure you have set quick preset for your PJ: HOLD RST and press INP 3 times. (refer to quick preset page in usermanual if you prefer something else, like if you prefer COLOR and CHROMA over resolution ,then may be HOLD RST and press INP 4 times is better for you)

If problem, try to take GUI screenshot when signal is passing thru.
Thank you. I'll give this a shot here in a bit.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Thank you. I'll give this a shot here in a bit.
This did work for allowing HDR. Thank you for your quick response!

For those of you that use these settings... My preset HDR selections were a bit off. I"ll have to mess with the oldurt and harper vision settings. Harper was closest with HDR on the PS5 with a bit of a red push. Oldurts settings were perfect on the PS4 Pro but looked a little washed out with the PS5. Might have to break down and just by an 85" panel or a JVC/Sony PJ with 4k and HDR. Sigh.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Can someone help me?
Looking to get my HD Fry Linker to run in either 10bit or 12bit with a 4k/HDR signal at 24hz.
With my Epson 5040ub, not running through receiver, direct to projector with HDMI 2.0a cable
25ft cable, good quality

GUI

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Screenshot cannot be read correctly for me.
I'm not sure you are using the right firmware, and i'm not sure you are using correct settings, please try to take better screenshot, if you want to take screenshot of active window only, you just do: ALT + PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard instead of just PRINTSCREEN.

And yes in all case, you should have long cable before linker and short after linker (unless you use our own fiber)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please test the firmware I sent via pm and report back.
Hey there, sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.

I have updated to the debug firmware package you’ve sent (thank you!). Still getting the same issue on all of my devices. Is there a debug readout I can post?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got it working with the debug firmware except now I have no high def outputs available on any device. Please see below for PS5 and Xbox X resolution settings.
5F15A6E8-6A71-44D5-AE1D-FC69538498CB.jpeg E02D5684-F262-46EB-BD1D-6372B2070A9F.jpeg

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Got it working with the debug firmware except now I have no high def outputs available on any device. Please see below for PS5 and Xbox X resolution settings.
View attachment 3072902 View attachment 3072903
Add setup description please or provide link to where you posted it if you did so previously and take GUI screenshot when trying, that is way more useful to help you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Add setup description please or provide link to where you posted it if you did so previously and take GUI screenshot when trying, that is way more useful to help you.
Sorry if I misunderstood, please help with what steps I should take next; so far I have I uploaded the firmware you sent to me via IM (Linker_0.25_Debug.zip) and tried RST+3 INP profile.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Sorry if I misunderstood, please help with what steps I should take next; so far I have I uploaded the firmware you sent to me via IM (Linker_0.25_Debug.zip) and tried RST+3 INP profile.
If you have issue then i need your setup description, that means, any equipment brand/model involved in your setup and brand and length of HDMI cables between them.
If you can tell me what you are trying to solve that would be nice too.
And most important i would need a screenshot of the windows GUI when you have any issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have issue then i need your setup description, that means, any equipment brand/model involved in your setup and brand and length of HDMI cables between them.
If you can tell me what you are trying to solve that would be nice too.
And most important i would need a screenshot of the windows GUI when you have any issue.
Sure thing, I’ll explain my issue in more detail :) (Please excuse any formatting or spelling errors, sending this all from my phone)

Setup
Devices: Oppo Blu-ray/ps5/DirecTV/xbox X
—6-10ft cable—>
Axiim Q receiver (+7.2 Klipsch WiSa surround)
—30ft cable—>
Linker
—4ft 4K cable —>
Epson 5040ub

When I am on the 0.25 firmware, I set to edid 3 and I’m able to get all but the Oppo Blu-ray to output in 4K hdr (pics of the settings and display availability below). The GUI is absolutely blank in the top right info window when switching to the Oppo but I can hear the bluray playing/sound emits. The linker device is not illuminated when attempting to play Blu-ray.

Setting any of these devices to edid 2 gives me a static display with no sound, last photo below. (Full images provided)

DirecTV
03178E3D-C727-4F94-A231-28D2B517A3D2.jpeg

PS5
28202F5C-A465-47D4-861C-991DC194E3B4.jpeg

Xbox X
0110CF95-6747-447D-99C8-8497CE0AA001.jpeg

Oppo Blu-ray
CE8741BD-20A9-4A09-A16E-ABBBEBE79BAB.jpeg

Xbox X Display Availability
FDEC12C7-5C92-4438-931B-97F659939E86.jpeg

PS5 Display Availability
0674ABD1-FAF1-4700-A9C7-0E78A92B5901.jpeg

Custom EDID option 2
94E15310-4249-4B2B-BAC7-B372232878B4.jpeg

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Sure thing, I’ll explain my issue in more detail :) (Please excuse any formatting or spelling errors, sending this all from my phone)

Setup
Devices: Oppo Blu-ray/ps5/DirecTV/xbox X
—6-10ft cable—>
Axiim Q receiver (+7.2 Klipsch WiSa surround)
—30ft cable—>
Linker
—4ft 4K cable —>
Epson 5040ub

When I am on the 0.25 firmware, I set to edid 3 and I’m able to get all but the Oppo Blu-ray to output in 4K hdr (pics of the settings and display availability below). The GUI is absolutely blank in the top right info window when switching to the Oppo but I can hear the bluray playing/sound emits. The linker device is not illuminated when attempting to play Blu-ray.

Setting any of these devices to edid 2 gives me a static display with no sound, last photo below. (Full images provided)
Ok i would first try with HDCP set to 1.4 if that does not help, please flash firmware 0.23 (which is normally the one to use if Linker is AFTER an AVR)
If still any issue with FW0.23, please confirm the brand of the 30ft cable you are using.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My cables are all the same brand:
iBirdie - 4K HDR HDMI Cable, 18Gbps 4K 60Hz(4:4:4, HDR10, ARC, HDCP 2.2) 1440p 144Hz, High Speed Ultra HD Cord 24AWG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok i would first try with HDCP set to 1.4 if that does not help, please flash firmware 0.23 (which is normally the one to use if Linker is AFTER an AVR)
If still any issue with FW0.23, please confirm the brand of the 30ft cable you are using.
Giving this a try right away, thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
With it set to 1.4 the right panel is populated but I still have no video. Giving 0.23 firmware a try.
95CD1512-3ED6-42C1-B4DB-A5E796AEFDC3.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any chance you have an alternate link to firmware 0.23? The one I have from hdfury.com/product/linker-4k60-444-600mhz-scaler downloads a corrupt file. Re-downloaded 3 times and cleared cache in between.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was able to pull the file from another repo.

Im getting the same results but now the devices won’t work on EDID 3, they work on 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m open to buying a new Blu-ray, cheaper option than buying a new projector. May have to look into that unless there’s a magic custom setting that will fix my woes.

1621 - 1640 of 1663 Posts