AVS Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
As mentioned on discord use the 25ft cable to the linker and a short cable between linker and the projector.
Where would you like to continue support here or discord?
Would like to continue here, and that's what I did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sadly blu-rays do not play on Xbox X or PS5 with HDR for my setup on 0.23 or 0.25 on any EDID option... fun...

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s even worse is with it without the linker, nothing comes up anymore... as if my Axiim Q receiver took a nosedive trying to use the linker. What in the hell?!?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s even worse is with it without the linker, nothing comes up anymore... as if my Axiim Q receiver took a nosedive trying to use the linker. What in the hell?!?!
Had to factory reset my receiver to get things back up and running...
I’m at a loss with the 5040 and the linker...

It’s a steep price point but if I updated to the 5050ub, would I be able to get native 4k hdr10 without the linker and all this hassle?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
@hdfuryhelp or anyone else, can you please post what settings I need to have in HDLinker to work with my JVC RS500? Thx.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@hdfuryhelp or anyone else, can you please post what settings I need to have in HDLinker to work with my JVC RS500? Thx.
What devices do you plan on using with it?
What use will the linker server? As you have full bandwith [email protected] 4:4:4 18 gbps ports now according to a google search. So I cannot see why a linker would be needed at all.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
What devices do you plan on using with it?
What use will the linker server? As you have full bandwith [email protected] 4:4:4 18 gbps ports now according to a google search. So I cannot see why a linker would be needed at all.
The only reason I'm using HDLinker is to enable DI in JVC. When HDR is fed directly, IRIS doesn't work and Linker enables it AFAIK.
Devices chain: Panasonic UB900 --> Linker --> Projector.
I'm not using AVR in the middle. Audio is sent to pre pro using Audio out from panny.
Thanks.

Update: I think the only thing I need in my case is to click on Disable HDR check box to enable Iris. I have been reading this thread now from beginning and after 4 pages, I see posts from @claw and aslo @Manni01 that points out that Disable HDR simply strips out meta data only which makes JVC think its not HDR content and therefore enables IRIS.

Reactions: claw

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
@hdfuryhelp / @claw :to be 100% on safe side, this is what I have. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.
Setup:
Video: Panny UB900 --> Linker --> Projector (JVC RS500)
Audio: Panny UB900 --> Prepro
All I want to make sure that Linker isn't changing anything when 1080P is played and only disables HDR metadata when HDR content is played to enable IRIS in JVC.

On actual Linker physical device, I have EDIT and Scale buttons in the center. I think this means off? Button can be moved Left/Center/Right and I think being Center means off.

Here are the images of current settings I have (Please note that I selected SINK EDIT. It was set to CUSTOM before). I'm only posting Edit Manger and HDR tabs since these are the only ones I made changes in. I left others untouched after resetting Linker to default.
Also please nothe that in Info section is says that Input Encryption is HDCP 2.2 but in output its HDCP 1.4 since by default HDCP OUTPUT is set to 1.4. Should this be changed to 2.2? I have no idea what all these features do :-(

·
Registered
325 Posts
@hdfuryhelp / @claw :to be 100% on safe side, this is what I have. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.
Setup:
Video: Panny UB900 --> Linker --> Projector (JVC RS500)
Audio: Panny UB900 --> Prepro
All I want to make sure that Linker isn't changing anything when 1080P is played and only disables HDR metadata when HDR content is played to enable IRIS in JVC.

On actual Linker physical device, I have EDIT and Scale buttons in the center. I think this means off? Button can be moved Left/Center/Right and I think being Center means off.

Here are the images of current settings I have (Please note that I selected SINK EDIT. It was set to CUSTOM before). I'm only posting Edit Manger and HDR tabs since these are the only ones I made changes in. I left others untouched after resetting Linker to default.
Also please nothe that in Info section is says that Input Encryption is HDCP 2.2 but in output its HDCP 1.4 since by default HDCP OUTPUT is set to 1.4. Should this be changed to 2.2? I have no idea what all these features do :-(

View attachment 3074385

View attachment 3074386
I would update with the hdfury with the link I sent you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LoganK
If you need help with the linker.
We need screenshots from the GUI to see your settings.
I’ve given detailed screenshots already. You last asked me to downgrade to firmware 0.23 and retest my Oppo. Hence my response that on 0.23 with any HDR EDID, my Oppo BluRay player will not work or even be recognized by the linker program.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I would update with the hdfury with the link I sent you.
I didn't find any difference b/w the version you sent and the one I was using. What difference am I supposed to see?
Also,
1 - what's HDCP OUTPUT? When I play bluray, it shows as 2.2 in Input section but when I play Amazon streaming video, it shows 1.4. Which one should it set to?
2 - Should Edit Manager be set to Sink EDIT (like I have in the image below)?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me here before I go down this route. I've been considering getting an Epson 4000/4040/4010/5040 but the limited HDMI port has me concerned. I want to know if the Linker will be able to alleviate my concerns.

This would be my setup: Roku Ultra/Sony ubp-x700/Nintendo Switch/Xbox One OG > 3' or 6' HDMI cables > Denon AVR-X3700 > short HDMI cable > Linker > 15' in-wall 18gbps AmazonBasics HDMI cable > Epson PJ with 1.4 HDMI port.

I'd like to be able to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime/Disney +/YouTube TV on the Roku, and 4K HDR Blu Rays on the player and have the 4K HDR just work. I also don't want to have to manage this setup constantly, or fumble with settings whenever I watch a blu ray or movie on Netflix. Putting in some work up front is fine, but I kinda want to be able to set it and forget it.

Will the Linker be able to do this? Or am I setting myself up for some pain? The other projector on my list is the Benq HT3550 and I'm pretty sure that will be headache free for 4K HDR content.

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I didn't find any difference b/w the version you sent and the one I was using. What difference am I supposed to see?
Also,
1 - what's HDCP OUTPUT? When I play bluray, it shows as 2.2 in Input section but when I play Amazon streaming video, it shows 1.4. Which one should it set to?
2 - Should Edit Manager be set to Sink EDIT (like I have in the image below)?

View attachment 3075462
Hi there.
The version I sent is the newest. And I can see you have not yet updated to it. So please update.
As for the HDCP switch just leave it set to 2.2 is fine.
The sink edid would be the projectors edid. So yes that is a good choice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me here before I go down this route. I've been considering getting an Epson 4000/4040/4010/5040 but the limited HDMI port has me concerned. I want to know if the Linker will be able to alleviate my concerns.

This would be my setup: Roku Ultra/Sony ubp-x700/Nintendo Switch/Xbox One OG > 3' or 6' HDMI cables > Denon AVR-X3700 > short HDMI cable > Linker > 15' in-wall 18gbps AmazonBasics HDMI cable > Epson PJ with 1.4 HDMI port.

I'd like to be able to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime/Disney +/YouTube TV on the Roku, and 4K HDR Blu Rays on the player and have the 4K HDR just work. I also don't want to have to manage this setup constantly, or fumble with settings whenever I watch a blu ray or movie on Netflix. Putting in some work up front is fine, but I kinda want to be able to set it and forget it.

Will the Linker be able to do this? Or am I setting myself up for some pain? The other projector on my list is the Benq HT3550 and I'm pretty sure that will be headache free for 4K HDR content.

Thanks!
As long as the hdmi cables will support the signal the linker will work for you after initial setup. It will not need to be adjusted after the initial setup.
The epson has a default mode as per
preset 2 or 3 page 11-12

·
Registered
325 Posts
I’ve given detailed screenshots already. You last asked me to downgrade to firmware 0.23 and retest my Oppo. Hence my response that on 0.23 with any HDR EDID, my Oppo BluRay player will not work or even be recognized by the linker program.
Try moving the linker and oppo next to the projector and use a short 6 foot cable and see if you get picture.
And also move the slide switch to the [FIXED EDID MODE]1080p-444148MHz Stereo
and see if this results in a picture. (Unplug the oppo and reboot it)

·
Registered
118 Posts
As long as the hdmi cables will support the signal the linker will work for you after initial setup. It will not need to be adjusted after the initial setup.
The epson has a default mode as per
preset 2 or 3 page 11-12
Ok that’s great to hear. Can you help me understand how this all works? What am I loosing when the full signal gets converted to something the Epson can understand? I have to be loosing some data, right? Maybe a ELI5 explanation for my newbness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ok that’s great to hear. Can you help me understand how this all works? What am I loosing when the full signal gets converted to something the Epson can understand? I have to be loosing some data, right? Maybe a ELI5 explanation for my newbness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The linker will remove chroma, bit depth or resolution to make the signal work on your projector.
As you know you cannot make 18gbps work on a 10 gbps device. So the linker will make alterations to give the best picture possible to the limits of the projector.

1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts